East Fife v Jags, 9/2/19

sandy

11 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

The point is Sandy, you and I held very opinions/positions about the whole Archie saga - but we've put it behind us (as you always have to), and we've praised the manager for the limited success we've had so far; these two trolls won't let it lie.

Yup.

Great win today - we have been poor at grinding out results but today we did the job.  The wind really did not help us play the way we wanted to.

Anderson was superb throughout the match – he reads the game well and was a big part in the clean sheet along with his goal.

Doolan did well of the bench – one of the big problems today was we had nobody to hold the ball up. Could have done with that big striker that we were supposed to get in the window!

Great to see such positivity among fans again. Looking forward to Alloa next week. Another big match with a big Thistle traveling support.

5 hours ago, sandy said:

I’m also a wee bit surprised we don’t give Sneddon a run out in the cup against lower league opposition. Maybe it’s just me tho

This stuff drives me up the wall. Why would you choose not to play your strongest team in the Scottish Cup?

Why you would see it as a glorified  friendly and a chance to give second stringers  ' a run out' genuinely is beyond me.

Edited by One t in Scotland
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Rank game to watch so just delighted to be in next round - well done the team and management. 

Whoever brought in the pyro needs to get in the sea though - daft wee boys who will have cost the club a fine. If you’re going to bring pyro try not to throw it on your fellow fans. 

The last thing the club can afford is needless fines, to say nothing of the health and safety aspect and serious injury if a flare had hit someone 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Call it controversial, maybe we would want to develop our own goalie rather than a loan one?

To be fair it was a loan player that got us the win. Right now we need our strongest team and while hazard is not without criticism he is better at sneddon. I rate sneddon and hope he is with us for a long time and is clearly better than bell - but he cost us badly in the Morton game, he should have done far better with the goals we lost against qos away, Ross County away, Alloa at home- he will get better but right now we need the best goal keeper in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Call it controversial, maybe we would want to develop our own goalie rather than a loan one?

Personally I'd rather just win but if you see the Scottish Cup as a development exercise for goalkeepers fair enough. Call it controversial but I'd like to win it.

Edited by One t in Scotland
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

JUST ON SPORTSCEEN 2.45 seconds ...Thanks BBC. Not

Yes indeed. I waited till the end of sportscene. Fairly lengthy highlights for three games and for the other game,  EF v PTFC, we got a short match report. Pathetic  BBC.      Interesting passback decision in the  game by the referee!

Banzo and Anderson miles better than anyone else on the pitch which wAs probably the difference.

Appalling conditions including a dreadful pitch. So attacking players can be excused for producing nothing. We won’t score many goals if Storey continues to start. Would like to see the shot against the bar again. I thought he was about 2 feet out!

These pitches should be banned forever.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

JUST ON SPORTSCEEN 2.45 seconds ...Thanks BBC. Not

They mentioned an extended feature about the game on tomorrow’s show. It seems that passback decision was correct, but I thought it strange at the time. Believe me there wasn’t much else to show apart from a possible penalty claim for EF just before half time

Edited by jaggy

No idea about the passback thingy but assume the decision was correct. I'd imagine tho' if there had been any further similar incidents like that then the game would be close to being abandoned. As it was if any team deserved to go thru to the next round then it was us but it was close to farcical at times today.

Not going to get drawn into discussing whether we should or shouldn't play our strongest team at this stage in the Cup. However, worth saying next week we play on another narrow plastic pitch at a ground rather unprotected against the wind. So even if there were thoughts of "resting" a few players and giving others a run out there were "league" reasons to play our strongest (in form) line up. 

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

My mate is a registered referee. When we saw the Arbroath game abandoned due to high winds he commented that if the wind either blew back towards a keeper into his hands or the goal it should be given as a corner kick .

Pretty sure that’s only the case for goal kicks - not for today’s scenario where the ball was in play.

The result is the only thing that matters in the cup, so I’m delighted. A home draw against anyone outside of Celtic/Rangers if they progress, please. If it’s an away tie then I wouldn’t mind Hibernian, they’ll have a fairly new manager at that point and who knows what they’ll be like. Or Inverness CT away.