East Fife v Jags, 9/2/19

sandy

18 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Lucky nobody was hurt. Embarrassing all round (do we play in purple?).

Pyro has its place, but it’s place is generally with the ultras of Italy and Eastern Europe, not the post-industrial apocalyptic landscape of Methil and certainly not in the hands of 14 year olds from Hyndland. 

Got to admit I was baffled why we were all being searched on the way in. Can't blame stewards for doing routine searches like that (albeit ineffective in this occasion) if that's the sort of nonsense that people want to start. Extremely dangerous and irresponsible.

Add to that the uncalled for FTP & FTQ chants which soured the event for me.

20 minutes ago, P-R said:

Got to admit I was baffled why we were all being searched on the way in. Can't blame stewards for doing routine searches like that (albeit ineffective in this occasion) if that's the sort of nonsense that people want to start. Extremely dangerous and irresponsible.

I get miffed at blanket searches like yesterday. Especially when it includes senior fans. I do know that the chief steward apologised to one elderly fan telling him that it was supposed to be random and not routine searching. Now we'll probably have to endure even more frisking at away grounds. It's only a ******* football match after all.

Thought the Jags fans were great yesterday. The stand was as near to capacity as damn it. Pre kick off there wasn't a single steward pitch side of the stand to help re getting everyone seated. All to busy a-frisking to bother about other safety issues.

52 minutes ago, P-R said:

Add to that the uncalled for FTP & FTQ chants which soured the event for me.

Maybe a liitle bit too sensitive if that spoilt the day thistle went through to the Scottish Cup Qtr's!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I get miffed at blanket searches like yesterday. Especially when it includes senior fans. I do know that the chief steward apologised to one elderly fan telling him that it was supposed to be random and not routine searching. Now we'll probably have to endure even more frisking at away grounds. It's only a ******* football match after all.

Thought the Jags fans were great yesterday. The stand was as near to capacity as damn it. Pre kick off there wasn't a single steward pitch side of the stand to help re getting everyone seated. All to busy a-frisking to bother about other safety issues.

Yes, this sort of stuff annoys me also. I believe stewards can make 'selective searches' but not sure how they can select the whole crowd! The unfortunate thing is that instances like the smoke bombs make it hard to argue against. 

A lot of fans seem not bothered by it yesterday, but not sure that will be the case after they find out how much it will cost the club. 

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

What struck me (apart from a scything wind, of course!) was how ill-prepared the team looked for the pitch. Is it the case that Storey was wearing the same boots he wears on grass? If so, perhaps that's why he couldn't keep his feet and ended up injured. Until the second half, the players generally seemed to stand off the descending ball as if they could judge how it would bounce, but we should already know how inconsistent the bounce of plastic pitches is. The East Fife players, who play regularly on that pitch, didn't waste time watching but pounced on the ball, often gaining possession and the initiative. We have seen it often enough at New Douglas Park and Rugby Park, but it looked as if that experience was ignored.

When was the last time a Partick Thistle team played without a card being issued?

Wasn’t Bannigan booked in the 1st half ?

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Whoever's responsible should be forking out. If the Club's made to pay it's effectively costing us fans somewhere down the line. 

If they can be identified, our Club should be considering a ban too. Throwing a flare near our own fans and a plastic pitch? Idiots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Yes, this sort of stuff annoys me also. I believe stewards can make 'selective searches' but not sure how they can select the whole crowd! The unfortunate thing is that instances like the smoke bombs make it hard to argue against. 

A lot of fans seem not bothered by it yesterday, but not sure that will be the case after they find out how much it will cost the club. 

Think you're circling close to the main issue here.

Myself. I'm not exactly put off with the way we're treated at away grounds. Don't like it but reluctantly accept it. That said I know Jags fans that are really scunnered with the way they're being treated as a lowest common denominator. If whoever threw the smoke bombs yesterday or whoever supports their actions wants to argue the benefits of doing so I'd like to hear their opinions. We're all Jags fans after all.

My own view is close to p the dog's post in so much as the last thing PTFC wants is to be compared in any way to the ugly sisters. I'm presuming whoever threw the smoke bombs are younger fan(s). I'm then hoping he/she/they will understand that virtually all other Jags fans will not want to be associated in any way with those that support those two vile clubs in our city. If he/she/they think that was adding to the atmosphere yesterday I reckon that's extremely debatable.  I'm one who's completely behind our younger fans who I think are by far a great credit to PTFC. Just feel that wasn't so clever yesterday.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What an amazing difference to the spine of this 2019 team; I'm delighted with the professionalism being shown by Gary Caldwell's Thistle lately, and the great effort being shown by the group as a whole. Also, really pleased to see that we're going about our Scottish Cup business in the correct fashion. Apparently we sent a scout to Dublin last weekend, ok it was a wasted journey in the end, but it underlines the gaffer's commendable attention to detail. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

What an amazing difference to the spine of this 2019 team; I'm delighted with the professionalism being shown by Gary Caldwell's Thistle lately, and the great effort being shown by the group as a whole. Also, really pleased to see that we're going about our Scottish Cup business in the correct fashion. Apparently we sent a scout to Dublin last weekend, ok it was a wasted journey in the end, but it underlines the gaffer's commendable attention to detail. Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here...

Yes TJR, we are getting the new manager bounce, 2months or so later than we expected. We need to keep it going. A win at Alloa is a must imo. With Falkirk not playing we would go 8th if we win.

18 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Definitely not Ibrox and (taking a punt) definitely not Thistle and East Fife.  Looks to me as if it's the other semi-final the same day (Rangers v QOS) at Hampden which ended 1-1.

That might explain it: the uploader getting the details wrong. However, if it was the other semi-final then neither team is wearing what looks like their normal jerseys for that period (from Historicalkits)... That match doesn't appear to be on Youtube; shame, as it might help to clarify, if it turned out to be our match, if that's clear (probably not!).

Edited by Jaggernaut

11 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

How did the young lad Mansell fair when he came on ,for anyone who was there?

Blew a great chance at supersub glory within seconds of coming on but dithered and fluffed his lines, my first impression was he was trying to get the ball onto his best foot (is he one-footed?) One of my mates thought he was a headless chicken, another thought he was a handful. I'd rather have seen Souleymane come on, I've a feeling he'd have had more of the killer instinct.

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Yes TJR, we are getting the new manager bounce, 2months or so later than we expected. We need to keep it going. A win at Alloa is a must imo. With Falkirk not playing we would go 8th if we win.

"we're Partick Thistle, we'll have the new manager bounce when we want" :D

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That might explain it: the uploader getting the details wrong. However, if it was the other semi-final then neither team is wearing what looks like their normal jerseys for that period (from Historicalkits)... That match doesn't appear to be on Youtube; shame, as it might help to clarify, if it turned out to be our match, if that's clear (probably not!).

AFK's right. I e-mailed British Movietone to let them know that video was mis-identified and gave them the correct details; they replied they'd look into it but did nothing which is poor show.

See this thread (includes a link to a photie of the QOS v Rangers game):

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4869&sid=dd4ab4594a680fec9adcc3210fb55dea

1 hour ago, Rid Skwerr said:

According to the ever-accurate BBC, in their brief Sportscene coverage, East Fife had a good penalty claim when Andy McCarthy blocked the attacker.

Andy wasn't even in the squad - it was Penrice.

Aye, high on the cringe factor that one. Still, they set the Thistle report to The Fall, so I'm prepared to forgive them this time. :)

8 minutes ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

Blew a great chance at supersub glory within seconds of coming on but dithered and fluffed his lines, my first impression was he was trying to get the ball onto his best foot (is he one-footed?) One of my mates thought he was a headless chicken, another thought he was a handful. I'd rather have seen Souleymane come on, I've a feeling he'd have had more of the killer instinct.

My impression after seeing him for 90 mins with the reserves was he looked terribly one footed. Didn't see anything on Saturday to change my mind. Could be tho' he needs time to settle. He also missed a penalty in that reserve game, so perhaps he's just lacking confidence?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

13 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

How did the young lad Mansell fair when he came on ,for anyone who was there?

I’d be amazed if we see him too often. Being kind I’d say he maybe needs time to settle in. Being harsh I’d say he didn’t look as if he had played football before, and was blowing out his arse after a few minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

AFK's right. I e-mailed British Movietone to let them know that video was mis-identified and gave them the correct details; they replied they'd look into it but did nothing which is poor show.

See this thread (includes a link to a photie of the QOS v Rangers game):

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4869&sid=dd4ab4594a680fec9adcc3210fb55dea

Thanks: that certainly clears it up. British Movietone seems to be pretty much like the BBC when it comes to Scottish football (or Scottish anything, maybe) and accuracy.