Scottish cup quarters

Auld Jag

Who do want in the quarters of the Scottish cup? A game against either Celtic or Sevco, if they get through will give us a good pay day and if it was at Firhill I think it would be live on telly. Against Hibs or Hearts it would be better if it was away more money imo. A home tie against any of the remaining teams if we are still playing well, would give us a chance of getting to the semi final.I think we will end up at Tannadice.

Home game against Auchinleck would be my choice. Realistically a home tie against one of the clubs we're already due to play four times this season will be the best we can hope for.

An away tie at Ibrox would be the worst outcome, for me at least.  Have no intention of setting foot in that vile place for a league game ever again. A Scottish Cup tie would present a personal dilemma.

11 minutes ago, ThickAsThieves said:

It’s a Scottish Cup quarter final, I couldn’t give a shit about pay days. Just desperate to reach the semis! So anyone outside the Old Firm at home would do, preferably Inverness CT/Dundee Utd.

Agree. Away to either of the the ugly sisters is a total downer.  Live on TV. Patronised by the media. Suffer referees who make decisions based on crowd noise etc etc

Home to Ross, Dundee U or Inverness keeps the dream alive. 

I love a day out on the lash in Edinburgh so either of these clubs away us ok. Home to Auchinleck would also do me.

13 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Agree. Away to either of the the ugly sisters is a total downer.  Live on TV. Patronised by the media. Suffer referees who make decisions based on crowd noise etc etc

Home to Ross, Dundee U or Inverness keeps the dream alive. 

I love a day out on the lash in Edinburgh so either of these clubs away us ok. Home to Auchinleck would also do me.

Or QOS

No fear of anybody.

If we are to win this cup then we have to do it on merit.

So I'm happy to take the club that's done the resurrection shuffle on at Ibrox and for Hazard to save three penalties (Tavernier will put the fourth one over the bar). MacGregor will half Dools like he did to Lewis Ferguson the other night and Dallas will ignore it, but he won't be able to ignore Aidan Fitzpatrick leaving McRorie and Jack on their arses before passing the ball into the net in the twelfth minute of injury time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I expect one of the ties will be Hibs v Hearts. The powers that be will want a Edinburgh derby at some point and they can’t risk leaving it for the semi or the other one will have to be old firm which as we all know is reserved for the final.

one thing worrying me is the boards promise for playing the Thistle way. Would it not be classic Thistle to win the cup and be relegated (probably in a playoff and a result of a dubious ref decision)

33 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I expect one of the ties will be Hibs v Hearts. The powers that be will want a Edinburgh derby at some point and they can’t risk leaving it for the semi or the other one will have to be old firm which as we all know is reserved for the final.

one thing worrying me is the boards promise for playing the Thistle way. Would it not be classic Thistle to win the cup and be relegated (probably in a playoff and a result of a dubious ref decision)

I'd take that.

• Like 1