Scottish cup quarters

Auld Jag

Happy with this draw.

Incredibly James Penrice predicted this draw in his Jagzone interview on Saturday night.  Good shout. Wonder who he'll predict we get in the semi finals.

Why is there a debate about Hearts in the JHS.  There is no precedent for this and unlike games against the OF there should decent demand from thistle fans.

Anyway there are plenty things can be done to maximise takings without giving them the whole JHS.

48 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Happy with this draw.

Incredibly James Penrice predicted this draw in his Jagzone interview on Saturday night.  Good shout. Wonder who he'll predict we get in the semi finals.

Why is there a debate about Hearts in the JHS.  There is no precedent for this and unlike games against the OF there should decent demand from thistle fans.

Anyway there are plenty things can be done to maximise takings without giving them the whole JHS.

Give them the John Lambie? :innocent2: (lights touchpaper)

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Give them the John Lambie? :innocent2: (lights touchpaper)

Potentially... but I was thinking more of a section or 2 of the JHS. If they were at the far end beside the bing it would split their support whereas ours would be forced to bunch up and create a better atmosphere / support for our own team.   In recent times Firhill has become a bit quiet. A good cup tie atmosphere would be good and may help the team against such strong opposition.

Great draw and good opportunity for us to progress to the semi's at least.

Hard decision for the board regarding how we maximise revenue but for once take the fans with them.

My suggestion, get all the supporter groups together in the next couple of days and  jointly decide what would be best for team, the club and supporters .

I would go for giving Hearts the Colin Weir Stand and the first two sections of the Jackie Husband nearest to the Bing.

That would give us the John Lambie and the rest of the Jackie Husband, allowing four some sort of crowd segregation with Hearts fans all entering and leaving south down Firhill Road.

All Thistle fans could enter and leave to the North of the ground.

I do acknowledge that there is no easy decision, ie Season Ticket holders in these first two sections would be inconvenienced and Hospitality seating area could be a problem.

Upside all Jags fans would be together maximising volume of support.

C'mon the Jags, Let's take the Scottish Cup back to Maryhill. 

59 minutes ago, Jag said:

Surely it makes sense to get as many fans in the ground as possible?

We could either give Hearts the JH and Thistle get the other two, or vice versa.

That way we get a big crowd and every Jags fan that wants to see the game can do so.

Jag, it does make sense. I just don't approve of applying too much sense to football. If you go too far, you realise that spending your hard-earned cash and precious free-time on watching a bunch of people chasing a ball around a field is a strange and fairly pointless affair. So you have to park the good sense sometimes.

Fortunately football is not about sense. It's about other things like history and tradition and community and excitement and belonging, and sometimes a bit of ugly tribalism. So it's our home game and Hearts can be confined to the CW Stand, restriced views, dodgy toilets, the lot.

I do respect your sensible approach. But, nah.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Not saying I'm in favour but if the Board come out and say we're giving Hearts the JHS  purely to maximise gate receipts then that's better than their response to OF fixtures. Come out with some fudged Maxwellian statement along the lines of "we've been advised as a duty of care we can't accommodate H of M in the CW Stand. As a small club we can't be seen to turn up our noses at increased revenue", then they'll make another arse of themselves.

On balance I probably agree with allyo (above) but at the same time you do put faith in those running the Club to make correct commercial decisions. So not an easy decision to make but a decision that would be easier if lines of Fan-Club communication were utilised thru the Trust that holds a 20+% shareholding. Guess that's another matter for another thread :)