Scottish cup quarters

Auld Jag

15 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I'm not moving! This season we've given opposition fans the North end of the JHS. That'll be good enough for them as an overflow from the main stand, imo.

That would make compete sense. It could be tho' that it isn't an option as the powers that be now want away support in adjacent stands. Might have read that some time back when the JHS was first ceded to the soap dodgers.

They've got about 14k season ticket holders so they would have little problem selling the JHS out. Tickets could be released to them in stages from the city end... if they fail to sell  out the JHS they are made available to us & then we'd have supporters on 3 sides - if we can coexist beside Stranraer fans then surely there would be little problem beside HoM fans

34 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

I don't know what the answer is (or even if there is one) but I'm pretty sure the police won't allow away fans in the bing end of the JHS because of the proximity of hospitality.  Accident waiting to happen.  It's bad enough when just one opposition supporter can't sit on his/her hands when their team scores.

I presume if such occasion arose hospitality would be split (away fans in the AR) and Jags fans in the Aitken.

If you limit Hearts to the CW stand we are throwing away potential of 3000 supporters gate receipts.

I don't like moving but I do like watching a game with a better atmosphere and extra fans would give us that.

Watching a game from a different part of the stadium, something that we have all done before really shouldn't be a big deal.

Even  those delusional ones that think we could ever fill the JH for this game, would  surely accept having that stand and giving Hearts the CW and JL?

In an ideal world we would have a bigger support (or four sides to our ground) and these things wouldn't come in to question.

Also, had we drawn either Rangers or Celtic at home, supporters would be resigned to moving already, so why is it different for Hearts?

36 minutes ago, Jag said:

If you limit Hearts to the CW stand we are throwing away potential of 3000 supporters gate receipts.

I don't like moving but I do like watching a game with a better atmosphere and extra fans would give us that.

Watching a game from a different part of the stadium, something that we have all done before really shouldn't be a big deal.

Even  those delusional ones that think we could ever fill the JH for this game, would  surely accept having that stand and giving Hearts the CW and JL?

In an ideal world we would have a bigger support (or four sides to our ground) and these things wouldn't come in to question.

Also, had we drawn either Rangers or Celtic at home, supporters would be resigned to moving already, so why is it different for Hearts?

We need to think of seizing ever possible sporting advantage. Personally I'd give up the north stand if required and get our core support in the JH. I think we could muster 5000 for the game. Maybe I'm wrong.  Let's think positive rather than bicker over an extra 60k

40 minutes ago, Jag said:

Or we could just move it to Tynecastle if as it appears £s are your only concern.

Agree with @Prince of Partick

I would go for giving Hearts the Colin Weir Stand and the first two sections of the Jackie Husband nearest to the Bing.

Colin Weir is for Away fans.  For JHS there was some movement from those sections to hold the smaller away numbers like Alloa and Ross County (no disrespect to these teams).

We already have the solution.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Agree with @Prince of Partick

I would go for giving Hearts the Colin Weir Stand and the first two sections of the Jackie Husband nearest to the Bing.

Colin Weir is for Away fans.  For JHS there was some movement from those sections to hold the smaller away numbers like Alloa and Ross County (no disrespect to these teams).

We already have the solution.

Why on earth would you give them the South End of the JHS? There's far more season ticket holders up that end. It would also impact on the bus service for infirm fans. 

As I said keep a couple of sections of the North end of the JHS free and see how ticket sales go.

As this is a big game not involving the Old Firm there should be a lot more fans going than attend those games.

We need every advantage we can get for this match. 

As the home support,we should have the best view of the game. The Jackie Husband has the best view so therefore should have Thistle fans in it.  I personally would just give Hearts the Colin Weir stand and  maximise our chances of going through to the next round however if we want to  cash in give them the John Lambie stand as this would be easier to police and let the singing section gather at the north end of the JHS.

• Like 2

Our focus should be on winning the cup -tie and using every advantage that a home draw gives us.

Give them the CW and no more.

If we get through to the semis or ( dare to dream) final, the financial benefits; memories , unbridled joy would more than offset any money lost from not maximising the Hearts support at Firhill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macca said:

As the home support,we should have the best view of the game. The Jackie Husband has the best view so therefore should have Thistle fans in it.  I personally would just give Hearts the Colin Weir stand and  maximise our chances of going through to the next round however if we want to  cash in give them the John Lambie stand as this would be easier to police and let the singing section gather at the north end of the JHS.

Macca have you ever tried mind reading????  what you have just suggested is the best possible way I think  of maximising the income from the game and keeping the Jags fans happy ... the singing guys at the most 400 max can easily fit into the north end of the JHS ...

When Hearts came to us in the league last season we didn’t give them anything more than the main stand. So why do we need to now?

The way some folk are going on, you’d think we were totally skint and this tie is going to finance the club for the next few years.

Home advantage gives us a competitive advantage and we should not give that up.

Give them the main stand as usual. 

• Like 2

I think it was interesting that Mondays TV coverage of the game at Dingwall also had a summary of the all of the ties during the weekend. The only coverage of PT v EF was the Hazard  clearance that was caught in the high wind, nothing more. We appear to be a team that is of little consequence in the eyes of the commentator and summarisers from the BBC, and perhaps HoM will follow that false logic?

I feel the CW stand will be sufficient for Hearts, we will fill the JL and JH stands and we beat Hearts 2-0 ….. Perhaps in the next round we wont be regarded as 'push-overs' who are only there to make up the numbers.