Scottish cup quarters

Auld Jag

4 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think it was interesting that Mondays TV coverage of the game at Dingwall also had a summary of the all of the ties during the weekend. The only coverage of PT v EF was the Hazard  clearance that was caught in the high wind, nothing more. We appear to be a team that is of little consequence in the eyes of the commentator and summarisers from the BBC, and perhaps HoM will follow that false logic?

I feel the CW stand will be sufficient for Hearts, we will fill the JL and JH stands and we beat Hearts 2-0 ….. Perhaps in the next round we wont be regarded as 'push-overs' who are only there to make up the numbers.

After the draw they did say that we could provide a shock and beat Hearts. They also mentioned our unbeaten start to this calendar year.

5 hours ago, dl1971 said:

We need to think of seizing ever possible sporting advantage. Personally I'd give up the north stand if required and get our core support in the JH. I think we could muster 5000 for the game. Maybe I'm wrong.  Let's think positive rather than bicker over an extra 60k

Which was one of my suggestions.

10 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

They've got about 14k season ticket holders so they would have little problem selling the JHS out. Tickets could be released to them in stages from the city end... if they fail to sell  out the JHS they are made available to us & then we'd have supporters on 3 sides - if we can coexist beside Stranraer fans then surely there would be little problem beside HoM fans

Unless things have changed in recent years, too many Tarts fans were amongst the nastiest in the country.

I'm sorry, but even considering giving Hearts' support more than just the Main Stand for this game is a bit embarrassing.

Are we really such small fry that we would happily diminish our home advantage in a Scottish Cup quarter-final for a few extra quid?

So what if we don't pack the JH and JL to the rafters on the day? If they only have Main Stand, Thistle will have the bigger support. If we give away the North, or sections of the JHS, our support will be outnumbered. We'd be as well really embarrassing ourselves and begging to play the game in Gorgie....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sandy said:

Agreed ScottyDFA. Accommodating more Away than Home fans effectively cedes advantage.

True but I'm slightly torn, as I always want us to maximise profit.

Did really enjoy the Premier League Play-Off a couple of years back when The Rangers expected the whole of the Motorola.

The Well gave them the minimum and then hammered them as well.

I dream of a day that we do something similar.