Scottish cup quarters

Auld Jag

Was really looking forward to a Saturday afternoon cup game.

Monday night at five past 7? Rushing up after work with no proper chance to eat or drink anything to sit in a freezing cold stadium or sit at home relaxing watching it for free.

Hmm, I wonder what people will choose.

At least the club have got the TV money, obviously more important that us mere fans.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

Monday night at five past 7? Rushing up after work with no proper chance to eat or drink anything to sit in a freezing cold stadium or sit at home relaxing watching it for free.

At least the club have got the TV money, obviously more important that us mere fans.

Could be wrong, But I don't think we would have had any say in the matter. I think if tv chooses the game that's it.Dundee Utd game on BBC the day before ours. Our game is on the new BBC channel.

Edited by Auld Jag

10 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

Agree with you entirely. I am fortunate enough to work relatively close to Firhill, so can make it to the game OK by not going home first. But Monday is a joyless night to be watching football. The Saturday 3pm experience is so much more wholesome and relaxed, and if you want to, you can enjoy a bit of build up to the game with some eating and/or drinking  and/or company in accordance with your preference.

I hope that there is still a reasonable crowd and atmosphere.

Edited by partickthedog
correcting my preposition
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Agree with you entirely. I am fortunate enough to work relatively close to Firhill, so can make it to the game OK by not going home first. But Monday is a joyless night to be watching football. The Saturday 3pm experience is so much more wholesome and relaxed, and if you want to, you can enjoy a bit of build up to the game with some eating and/or drinking  and/or company in accordance with your preference.

I hope that there is still a reasonable crowd and atmosphere.

None of the games have a 3pm ko. Hibs/Celtic Saturday  5-515 pm. Aberdeen game 1-30pm and Dundee Utd game 3-30pm on Sunday.

Couldn't be worse for me.I should have paid more attention to the cup dates.  I'd already booked the boat to take my grandson to Somerset for the Ayr game. His first game on the terracing. Over on Friday, home on Sunday.  Then we progressed and  drew Hearts and I thought, that's OK I'll take him to Firhill. Still I went to the last semi, and I could take him to this one. In all the games I've taken him to, he's sat through some rubbish. I'm surprised he still wants to go. In twenty years will he curse me?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sinistar said:

The club probably had no say in the matter. I don’t know the details of the tv deal with bbc Scotland. How much do we get for a televised game ?

• Like 1

I understand and accept club most likely had no say in the decision.

Just really disappointed that the Saturday match day cup experience  (described perfectly by Partick the Dog) is being taken away from us.

We've not had much to get excited about of late and a Saturday game would have been great for everyone, especially families with younger kids.