Alloa 16/02

BalornockJag

Another good performance to build on the recent improvements.  First half we dominated the game by controlling the midfield and winning almost all 50:50 balls.  Alloa upped their workrate in the second half and we lost a lot of momentum and were unable to control possession.  Anderson was for me the pick of the bunch.  However, we always looked more dangerous than Alloa in the final third (big change!!!!), and Macdonald took up some excellent positions that opened up their defence, and took his goal chance calmly.  He  also laid off the ball well, and the non-appearance of Coulibaly was surprising.

Couldn't see why Bannigan was booked, unless something was said to the ref.

Edited by eljaggo

15 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Another good performance to build on the recent improvements.  First half we dominated the game by controlling the midfield and winning almost all 50:50 balls.  Alloa upped their workrate in the second half and we lost a lot of momentum and were unable to control possession.  Anderson was for me the pick of the bunch.  However, we always looked more dangerous than Alloa in the final third (big change!!!!), and Macdonald took up some excellent positions that opened up their defence, and took his goal chance calmly.  He  also laid of the ball well, and the non-appearance of Coulibaly was surprising.

Couldn't see why Bannigan was booked, unless something was said to the ref.

On line said he was harshly booked for kicking ball away at throw in for Alloa.

25 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

A few interviews on the Alloa Youtube have been put up tonight. Loving Goodwin moaning about us running down the clock and taking 30 secs at every throw in. laaaaaaaaav iiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt GIRUY Goodwin!

Yeah must be hard when you're whole career has strictly followed the Corinthian spirit. 

7 minutes ago, macaroon said:

I think Goodwin is a decent bloke so not so too bothered about what he says but I'd be glad to never see another game on the Subbuteo pitch.      Was the away support announced, I'm guessing circa 1200/1300?  

Nah, not that many. 7-800 I reckon. Pretty good turnout. 

12 hours ago, CotterJag said:

if I sometimes can't look. I switch on at 4.57, as the game must surely be over by then.

Unless it was a game v the OF and we happened to be winning.

Would wait until 6.04.

A man after my own heart. I have often hated myself for looking for the result only to find the game's no done. What happens - a late goal (or goals) ruins my Saturday. Talking of which - some said we lost late goals because of a lack of fitness. Has that changed?

3 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

That and a willingness to throw themselves in front of everything, as evidenced by Christie's block with five minutes to go.

That's one of the things which Caldwell seems to have changed, as well as the new signings. Christie's daft run and amble in possession towards the box to give away a goal seems a long time ago now. Give Caldwell his due-he seems to have identified the players he wanted to keep and seems to have really improved their games all round. 

Edited by westertonjagfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Just watched the highlights on Jagszone... the tv camera work leaves a lot to be desired, no zooming in when the ball is in the penalty box or the far side of the park. I recall it being better in the past?

The feed used to come from BT Sports/ Sky when we were in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, westertonjagfan said:

That's one of the things which Caldwell seems to have changed, as well as the new signings. Christie's daft run and amble in possession towards the box to give away a goal seems a long time ago now. Give Caldwell his due-he seems to have identified the players he wanted to keep and seems to have really improved their games all round. 

Ran outta likes. Was a real caldwell hater until last month. Good signings in transfer window. This shouldn't be underestimated as this is a horrid window and usually complete dross is on offer.

His signings have completely changed my opinion of him as a coach and manager. To my embarrassment i wanted him out quicktime as there were too many signs that he was taking us down pre Christmas. He has improved the players he had no end and the new signings so far look really up to the task. The effort and application is down to caldwell instilling this attitude and, i know job is not done yet, i salute him and thank him for the job so far. As AJ and others have said it's early days but even if the worst happened i'd stick with him , so many positive vibes from important players just now.

One of my main troubles was his letting erskinho go but once i got the real story i'm moving on.........mon theeesul