Alloa 16/02

BalornockJag

Great win for us yesterday and keeps up the momentum going. Anderson man of the match again - not sure what Alloa was thinking about putting so many high balls into his area. 

Thought we were going to run away with the match in the early stages after the first goal. However, Alloa came into the match and put us under pressure. Was happy to hear the half time whistle go. 

Thought we did well to keep Alloa off the score sheet. That defense is much improved - the fact that we have only conceded one goal since Anderson has come in is not a coincidence. He has been super however I do think teams will get smart and try blocking him off as you can't allow a center back to be so dominant as he was yesterday. 

Thought we could have held onto the ball better yesterday and we did not win enough second balls or win 50/50 tackles. 

Scott Macdoland is a player I have always hated but he looked good for someone that has been out for so long. He changed the game in our favor and will be a big asset coming off the bench for us. His movement and link up play were very good and he looked like he would score. 

Edited by Alan Murray

5 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Ran outta likes. Was a real caldwell hater until last month. Good signings in transfer window. This shouldn't be underestimated as this is a horrid window and usually complete dross is on offer.

His signings have completely changed my opinion of him as a coach and manager. To my embarrassment i wanted him out quicktime as there were too many signs that he was taking us down pre Christmas. He has improved the players he had no end and the new signings so far look really up to the task. The effort and application is down to caldwell instilling this attitude and, i know job is not done yet, i salute him and thank him for the job so far. As AJ and others have said it's early days but even if the worst happened i'd stick with him , so many positive vibes from important players just now.

One of my main troubles was his letting erskinho go but once i got the real story i'm moving on.........mon theeesul

Agree with most of this. But if we did go down I wouldn't stick with him. We are now in the position and playing well enough that this should not happen.

11 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with most of this. But if we did go down I wouldn't stick with him. We are now in the position and playing well enough that this should not happen.

Agree AJ, if we dropped down to bottom between now and end of the season, given how well he has us playing compared to pre Christmas, that'd suggest (in isolation) he would be / should be shown the door.

I was just making the point that if we were still playing as well as we are now and went down i'd stick. You'll remember my glass was empty pre Christmas and i was resigned to another relegation. The turnaround since new year is really good and we seem to be in an upward trajectory. I'm not getting carried away (trying not to but thinking we might have enough about us to beat hearts) but this is better than i'd expected. Still aways to go and falkirk also seem to be turning a corner and between us, we have brought alloa back into the battle along with qos morton and dunfermline.

16 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That's a significant statement. Care to add some detail to it?

On caldwell thread barney. It'd take me too long to type it again on my phone and cut and pasting is beyond me on this device:lol:

16 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

That's a significant statement. Care to add some detail to it?

Page 55 of caldwell thread Barney. It's in a reply to your post so would've been notified to you personally. Bit concerned bout your memory sir:frantic:

6 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Page 55 of caldwell thread Barney. It's in a reply to your post so would've been notified to you personally. Bit concerned bout your memory sir:frantic:

Thanks Thistleberight - got it now!

I'd inferred from yesterday's post that there was maybe more to it, but it seems more straightforward from your explanation.

6 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Thanks Thistleberight - got it now!

I'd inferred from yesterday's post that there was maybe more to it, but it seems more straightforward from your explanation.

Phew. This auld age thing is no fun at all

Not a bad effort for a "wee" club like alloa. He was pulling his hand away otherwise they might have got it. Whilst watching towards the end, they have quite a few chances, had me thinking pre Christmas we'd have conceeded a goal. Great tenacity to keep the ball out. 

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Alloa's free-to-view coverage again puts Jagzone to shame.

I was kind of thinking the same myself.  In fact just about every other clubs in the division with free to view highlights have a better product. The one thing the Jagzone coverage does provide is a fast service but I suppose when you are charging £6.00 for the privilege you need to be fast to justify the cost.

I would reckon that the Jagzone coverage would improve substantially if the cameraman would just get experimental and try using the zoom facility once or twice :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Camallain said:

would reckon that the Jagzone coverage would improve substantially if the cameraman would just get experimental and try using the zoom facility once or twice :D

Surely we must have some media savvy fans (or media students nearby) who would love to experiment and produce highlights of games using multiple cameras and styles?

Seems like a fairly straightforward thing we could set up, doesn't matter if the students are fans, they'd get valuable experience and we'd get a better product.

Edited by sb1876
Spelling check!