Ayr away 12th March

jaggy

They never consider the fans who have to travel to these games and book travel and accommodation well in advance . I wont be able to make games now so club misses out on 3 people paying tickets , half time draw etc etc and I still have all the costs to pay . Disappointing for Nomads who try there best to support the club even at great expense , just need to hope we win and we get a chance to plan for the next round .

22 hours ago, Tyler Machamilton said:

They never consider the fans who have to travel to these games and book travel and accommodation well in advance . I wont be able to make games now so club misses out on 3 people paying tickets , half time draw etc etc and I still have all the costs to pay . Disappointing for Nomads who try there best to support the club even at great expense , just need to hope we win and we get a chance to plan for the next round .

To be fair, the decision was probably imposed on the club.

And I seem to remember a scheduled mid-week game being switched to a free Saturday not so long ago, which suited most of the fans. 

10 hours ago, P-T-118 said:

Biggest losers in this will be the ayr utd bank balance, saturday game at Somerset with thistle going well (hopefully) would be taking approx 1000 fans, midweek we'll only take 400 - 500.

I need to be in the UK so I was planning a fortnight of games to include Ayr at Somerset, Dundee United at home and Falkirk away but I need to be in London on the 12th so I'll miss the Ayr game now which I was looking forward to.

Still, I'll manage Hearts, so all is not lost, unlike some posters like BelfastJag who'd already arranged their travel for the 2nd of March and so will miss both Ayr and Hearts.

I'm usually worried about the weather at this time of the year but I forgot that 'the blazers' can be more disruptive.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:28 AM, Tyler Machamilton said:

Not blaming club I know that it would be imposed on them its the blazer brigade at HQ who never consider the fans who who suffer every time  with rescheduling and early kick offs for long distance travelers etc 

The Ayr game has been rescheduled because we're still in the cup.

In this case it's more the 'fault' of our own players for beating East Fife than 'blazers'.

What solution would you propose?

18 hours ago, H Wragg said:

The Ayr game has been rescheduled because we're still in the cup.

In this case it's more the 'fault' of our own players for beating East Fife than 'blazers'.

What solution would you propose?

Why did the Ayr game have to be moved if the cup game is being played midweek ?

We could have played Ayr on Saturday and Hearts on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have done that often enough.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Why did the Ayr game have to be moved if the cup game is being played midweek ?

We could have played Ayr on Saturday and Hearts on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have done that often enough.

Would that not require a modicum of commonsense? Plus, would that not require the SFA & the SPFL communicating with each other?

As an aside, and not really relevant to the OP, the only winners I can see from the rescheduling of the Hearts fixture is the BBC. Bit Machiavellian admittedly, but make the KO at a day and time as difficult as possible for fans to attend and lo and behold we've got more viewers. 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Would that not require a modicum of commonsense? Plus, would that not require the SFA & the SPFL communicating with each other?

As an aside, and not really relevant to the OP, the only winners I can see from the rescheduling of the Hearts fixture is the BBC. Bit Machiavellian admittedly, but make the KO at a day and time as difficult as possible for fans to attend and lo and behold we've got more viewers. 

Not sure viewing figures count for the bbc LIB, they get the same cash from the budget no matter how many people tune in. 

Doubt i'll make the Ayr game as the mrs doesn't like the kids going on a school night. So an adult + 2 short on the gate receipts had it been on a saturday.

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Isn't the timing in order to have the football over in time for the news program? Or is that only for the Friday games on the new channel?

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that if we somehow manage to draw against Hearts, the replay date is...Tue 12th March. So, not only do we have the Ayr game postponed, but it's then rearranged for another date where it could be postponed again.

Anybody would think the SPFL and the SFA never spoke to each other and didn't care about the supporters...

Just now, Grant said:

Just noticed that if we somehow manage to draw against Hearts, the replay date is...Tue 12th March. So, not only do we have the Ayr game postponed, but it's then rearranged for another date where it could be postponed again.

Anybody would think the SPFL and the SFA never spoke to each other and didn't care about the supporters...

Surely not?????

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

Won't be a consideration.

We're taking this lot tomorrow night.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jaggy said:

How strange it’s been rescheduled now to the end of April. I really wonder what goes on in the heads of the SPFL. There are many midweeks available before then. Is it for TV?

Which midweek would you like it to be played on? 

Tuesday 5th March - ruled out due to the Scottish Cup tie against Hearts being a Monday night. 

Tuesday 12th March - ruled out because of the Scottish Cup replay(match originally scheduled for this date)

Tuesday 19th March - ruled out because Ayr United have three players away on International duty which is why their fixture against Greenock Morton on the 23rd is off. 

Tuesday 26th March - ruled out because Ayr United have three players away on International duty. 

Tuesday 2nd April - fixture against Greenock Morton rescheduled for this date fitting in with the SPFL's policy of re-arranging fixtures for the next possible date on their first attempt - ours doesn't get priority because it is onto a second attempt of re-scheduling. 

Tuesday 9th April - Ayr United unwilling to play due to game on Friday night - perfectly understandable. 

Tuesday 16th April - Ayr United unwilling to play due to game on Friday night - again perfectly understandable. 

Tuesday 23rd April - Game scheduled.

Four midweeks are ruled out because of International duty and two consecutive Ayr United games chosen for live television coverage(which is a pretty unfortunate occurance). If Ayr had a backlog of fixtures then I could understand it being played on the 9th or 16th. They don't so are prepared to take their chances that no more than one of their outstanding fixtures is postponed. For Thistle it could be beneficial. An Ayr United side sitting confirmed in the playoffs but adrift of 2nd place might be a distracted opponent to play.