Ayr away 12th March

jaggy

8 hours ago, G SUS said:

Which midweek would you like it to be played on? 

Tuesday 5th March - ruled out due to the Scottish Cup tie against Hearts being a Monday night. 

Tuesday 12th March - ruled out because of the Scottish Cup replay(match originally scheduled for this date)

Tuesday 19th March - ruled out because Ayr United have three players away on International duty which is why their fixture against Greenock Morton on the 23rd is off. 

Tuesday 26th March - ruled out because Ayr United have three players away on International duty. 

Tuesday 2nd April - fixture against Greenock Morton rescheduled for this date fitting in with the SPFL's policy of re-arranging fixtures for the next possible date on their first attempt - ours doesn't get priority because it is onto a second attempt of re-scheduling. 

Tuesday 9th April - Ayr United unwilling to play due to game on Friday night - perfectly understandable. 

Tuesday 16th April - Ayr United unwilling to play due to game on Friday night - again perfectly understandable. 

Tuesday 23rd April - Game scheduled.

Four midweeks are ruled out because of International duty and two consecutive Ayr United games chosen for live television coverage(which is a pretty unfortunate occurance). If Ayr had a backlog of fixtures then I could understand it being played on the 9th or 16th. They don't so are prepared to take their chances that no more than one of their outstanding fixtures is postponed. For Thistle it could be beneficial. An Ayr United side sitting confirmed in the playoffs but adrift of 2nd place might be a distracted opponent to play. 

I couldn't really care less when it's played, but now you've given me a definitive answer I can see why. As for Ayr playing Tue/Fri, I don't see the big deal as we also play Sat/Tue games so a 3 day gap. I wasn't aware Ayr have 3 internationalists, quite surprised by that.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:51 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Anyone else remember when midweek games used to be played on Wednesday?

Not really. Tuesday always seems to be the night for games as far back as I recall especially for home games. There has been the odd exception usually for TV as far as I can remember.

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Not really. Tuesday always seems to be the night for games as far back as I recall especially for home games. There has been the odd exception usually for TV as far as I can remember.

It was always a Wednesday night for midweek games ok I am going back ..Also International games were also Wednesday night . Except for Engerland..

• Like 1