Just In

watties wallies

great thistle support today

again narrow pitch

really good first half, good movement on and off the ball

cracking goal by spittal, laid on by doolan who had his best game in a wee while

fitzpatrick ran them ragged first half, second half a bit quieter but always prepared to get stuck in

second half alloa pushed men forward and we drifted out of the game a bit

mcdonald  scored being set up by young mansell who had just come on

tremendous 3 points 

ross county next week,  much tougher opposition, but a good test for us

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Scott McDonald was f#@king great. Compare and contrast with Coulibally's performance in Caldwell's first game in charge.

Main thing is we have leaders throughout the side now to help others along.

I don't think any of the lads deserved less than 7/10. In this league sometimes you're only as good as your weakest link but the chain stood firm.

The narrow plastic pitch is a joke, I hope that mob go down just because of that set-up they have, it's anti-football.    

Still,  that and a cancelled train couldn't spoil a good day and two fantastic goals.   It was, ahem, lively on the journey back to Queen Street with a delay at Stirling when the Polis paid a visit...

21 minutes ago, macaroon said:

The narrow plastic pitch is a joke, I hope that mob go down just because of that set-up they have, it's anti-football.    

Heard locally from many that nobody on the football staff is in favour of the narrow pitch. Their chairman Mulraney , who has a reputation of being a petite megalomaniac, is the clown to blame. Many of Alloa's  better results this season have been on the widest of surfaces, so just maybe we should be grateful they've gone down this road.

Over recent seasons when we didn't have a Saturday game and Alloa were at home I inevitably would take in their game. Since they did that to the pitch I can't be arsed watching a game on that. Can't imagine any "neutral" would feel different.

6 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Sounds like the Alloa chairman is a bit of an ******** that knows very little about football or listening to people that do. 

Correct, and in way of qualifying that it's worth pointing out that said chairman is an SPFL representative in the SFA. Says it all, doesn't it? 

• 7 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, policemans whistle said:

There was a Tottenham footballer whose nickname was mussie [Musselburgh]. His name -Justin Edinburgh!

Justin Edinburgh was manager of Leyton Orient and got them promoted back to the EFL league 2 this season. Sadly he died in June this year aged 49.