Ross County 23.2.19

westertonjagfan

They were far better than us on their previous visit to Firhill this season. That turned out to be Archibald’s last game in charge? Up at Dingwall despite the score line there wasn’t as much of a gap between the sides in terms of performance. We lost the first goal at a bad time from the penalty spot. We then got hit on the break for County to clinch it. You could see what the manager was wanting the team to do but the players just weren’t quite good enough to carry out the game plan.

Now going into this game we have every chance of keeping the three points at Firhill. It’ll certainly be a stern test but I can’t think of a stand out performer for the Stags that I’d love to have in a Thistle shirt.

I can see the manager changing tactics again and hopefully we can get the first goal and go into victory again. 

3 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Why on earth after our last 4 matches would you not "have thoughts about beating them"?

Same team as yesterday.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Think we can beat County not sure about same team though with potentially Saunders, Storey and Cardle available again.

Not advocating any of them start but it’s another set of options 

Positive mindset, they are not Barcelona.  Worth noting they have had 3 away league games this year and lost at Morton and were hammered by QOS.  Their victory was a late winner at Dunfermline so by no means should we fear them.    Also they have a tough Scottish Cup replay midweek before they face us.

• Like 3

They've had a tough encounter tonight, twice ahead then pulled back. Purely on stats, ICT look to have come out on top.

Possibly one of those games on Saturday where the first goal might be the deciding factor.

If we can continue our unbeaten run it would be great. Not betting on it, that's for sure!

On 2/17/2019 at 10:49 AM, jagfox said:

They were far better than us on their previous visit to Firhill this season. That turned out to be Archibald’s last game in charge? Up at Dingwall despite the score line there wasn’t as much of a gap between the sides in terms of performance. We lost the first goal at a bad time from the penalty spot. We then got hit on the break for County to clinch it. You could see what the manager was wanting the team to do but the players just weren’t quite good enough to carry out the game plan.

Now going into this game we have every chance of keeping the three points at Firhill. It’ll certainly be a stern test but I can’t think of a stand out performer for the Stags that I’d love to have in a Thistle shirt.

I can see the manager changing tactics again and hopefully we can get the first goal and go into victory again. 

Pretty sure watching the highlights their penalty at Dingwall  was questionable to say  the least 

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Pretty sure watching the highlights their penalty at Dingwall  was questionable to say  the least 

I'm sure it was a penalty but that's almost irrelevant as it wasn't necessary to bring Cowie down.  He was heading away from goal. So jagfox's point about little between the teams that day is fair. County deserved to win but they were far from impressive, just we were so poor.