Ross County 23.2.19

westertonjagfan

Genuinely can’t wait for this game, the enthusiasm is back big time, spent all week scouring every publication to find any Jags news.

I have looked at County’s team and yes they have some good players but nothing that really concerns me.

In view of their ET on Tuesday I would release Storey and McDonald from the bench with 20 to go, Storey’s pace plus McDonalds movement will run them ragged

2 hours ago, Vinnyjag said:

Genuinely can’t wait for this game, the enthusiasm is back big time, spent all week scouring every publication to find any Jags news.

I have looked at County’s team and yes they have some good players but nothing that really concerns me.

In view of their ET on Tuesday I would release Storey and McDonald from the bench with 20 to go, Storey’s pace plus McDonalds movement will run them ragged

Roy also looks to have a turn of pace about him, so another option.

If we are to reach relative safety in the league earlier, rather than a nail biting later on, we really should be winning a home game against any team in the league. This momentum thingy is important as it has raised the confidence level throughout the squad. I can only hope if we were only to draw that the nature of the result is still seen in good light like bombarding their goal and getting a well deserved equaliser. Failing to defend a lead after nervously defending too deep and thus losing a late goal would be unacceptable re the confidence level. 

• Like 1

They'll be down after that defeat no doubt, and will I assume have missed at least one day's training: the question is whether this will make them more dangerous or whether, as might be imagined, they feel they are meeting us at just the wrong time. Big pressure on them, after some recent mediocre results; if they drop a points on Saturday and Ayr and Dundee United win ….

I hope Caldo isn't too risk averse and throws everything at them from the word go. And if Cardle was fit ...

8 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

They'll be down after that defeat no doubt, and will I assume have missed at least one day's training: the question is whether this will make them more dangerous or whether, as might be imagined, they feel they are meeting us at just the wrong time. Big pressure on them, after some recent mediocre results; if they drop a points on Saturday and Ayr and Dundee United win ….

I hope Caldo isn't too risk averse and throws everything at them from the word go. And if Cardle was fit ...

Just from the off, no matter what, i want us to win on saturday but.......i feckin hate dundee utd. Really hate that club and to be part if the circumstances that might take them to the top of the league would be horrid. So i'll be crossing everything that they get pumped!!

Think we'll play RC off the park

gardyne, draper and the lad up front stewart, if we can take care of them, especially gardyne we will do well

maybe too early for cardle, probably on the bench tomorrow

really looking forward to the game tomorrow

my head says maybe, my heart says definitely

let's get at them from the off  :thumbsup2:

onwards and upwards

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Oh, you unbeliever! If you cannot believe the word of a humble cabbie driver then just who can you believe? Buddha? Abraham? Nostradamus? Andy Walker? Vishnu? Come on, Young Sir, out with it! 

I'd believe it from Vishnu....

.....after all it was him/her who broke the Rangers EBT scandal and yon wee bit of unpleasantness at. Sellic Boys Club.    :head_ball:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

If we beat Ross County tomorrow than I'll be nearer to believing that:

1) too many of the players signed by Archie were really absolute dross

2) Caldwell might actually look more like having the potential to be quite a decent manager.

1) never any doubts about that;

2) Maybe, just maybe.

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Oh, you unbeliever! If you cannot believe the word of a humble cabbie driver then just who can you believe? Buddha? Abraham? Nostradamus? Andy Walker? Vishnu? Come on, Young Sir, out with it! 

Timothy Leary’s dead.

No no no no he’s outside, looking in!

• Haha 1

Not sure about playing the diamond formation at  Firhill. I’d rather go three at the back with Bannigan, Slater and Spittal in the middle with two up front. The good thing is that if it’s not working out as planned the manager will look to make changes to get us back on track.

Having looked at County’s recent games they seem to play a 4-4-1-1 with Gardyne and Mullin out wide with the pace of McKay off of their #9. The diamond might actually work out okay as the opposition don’t seem to have a lot of width. 

Edited by jagfox

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Not sure about playing the diamond formation at  Firhill. I’d rather go three at the back with Bannigan, Slater and Spittal in the middle with two up front. The good thing is that if it’s not working out as planned the manager will look to make changes to get us back on track.

Having looked at County’s recent games they seem to play a 4-4-1-1 with Gardyne and Mullin out wide with the pace of McKay off of their #9. The diamond might actually work out okay as the opposition don’t seem to have a lot of width. 

Agree I'd be in two minds as well. I liked the shape of the team up at Tannadice. For want of better words a kind of wide diamond shape. We'd have won that day but for fitness and the customary McGinty "trip" in the box.

I suppose a lot depends on whether Caldwell views three at the back as our default formation or not. Both McMillan and Saunders (is he fit?) get forward regularly so it shouldn't really be viewed as a negative set up.