Ross County 23.2.19

westertonjagfan

1 minute ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Funny how people can see the game differently- I thought Harkins was excellent first half though he tired a bit. Ultimately all four goals were handed to Ross on a plate, with a different player culpable for each one- I don’t think any were due to Harkins

I thought hazard could have done far better for 3 of them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

A truly spineless second 45. It’s af it their early goal completely spooked us and drained our belief. We just surrendered. Completely.

You have called it right there. Horrible miskick conceded the goal and the whole team psyche collapsed completely. From that moment on the result seemed inevitable. Strange as we were still ahead at that point.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Sandy I’ve already said I’m raging- I think we really are likely to go down. Your criticising me saying I’m happy with being bottom. The pars have had a couple of good results and based on our second half I fear a pumping on Tuesday 

Aye sadly.

But you have quoted me selectively. You didn’t acknowledge my earlier posts (‘all over this thread’) celebrating us going in front? 

Like I said, none of us want the Jags to lose. But when we do lose I have opinions as you do.

Have a good evening.

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I had him down as culpable for number 3- others were far more culpable for the other goals

Would not want to single out young Hazard for blame but at one point (I think at 2-1 but not certain) he had a poor punch at a ball he should have caught and that seemed to evidence our collapse of confidence and in turn gave County great encouragement.

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

Aye sadly.

But you have quoted me selectively. You didn’t acknowledge my earlier posts (‘all over this thread’) celebrating us going in front? 

Like I said, none of us want the Jags to lose. But when we do lose I have opinions as you do.

Have a good evening.

Don’t it will be that great an evening after that result but cheers anyway 

34 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Harkins one of the worst impostors I've seen in a Thistle jersey, slow bumbling dangerous; Can't see how he was allowed to even restart the second half; nearly cost us two goal: Harkins can get tae fcuk right now.

Same old, same old sh1te. No blaming Archie's duds this time around. Old guy beside me at the start of the second half said look at the body language we're gonnae get pumped.

Be interesting to  hear what Caldo the Clown's fan boi's will have to say tonight.

As far as I'm concerned Caldwell can GTF right now.

So one defeat and it's Caldwell GTF. No surprise. A truly awful capitulation. Hard to watch....reality check yes. From heroes to zeros. 

25 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Would not want to single out young Hazard for blame but at one point (I think at 2-1 but not certain) he had a poor punch at a ball he should have caught and that seemed to evidence our collapse of confidence and in turn gave County great encouragement.

You're right. Never nice singling players out for blame. However, he's not a Thistle player, he's a 6'5 internationalist who's on a four year deal at Celtic. We should expect better. A few on here were quick to single out Sneddon v Morton. 

46 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Struggle to see how Caldwell’s at fault for that second half display ,his tactics worked in the first half and the players shat it and let him down in the second half ,he can’t kick the bloody ball for them can he. 

That will be the players he signed because they “have the right character” which we have heard ad nauseum over the past few weeks. 

Edited by jaf

Just when you think that we have turned the corner. a bit of day light at the end of a big tunnel and we go and put in a 2nd half performance like that.Completely over ran so much for them playing 2 hours of football on Tuesday night...I have thought for a few game's now big Hazard leaves a lot to be desired at cross balls does not command his area with any conviction...Terrible day at the office...

41 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

By your own admission, it was shocking from both players and manager.

So tell us, exactly what difference does it make if anyone went or not?

Because those that don’t go to games are the most vocal on the forums about criticism of the club.

dont get me wrong after today’s second half capitulation the manager and players deserve savaged

but I have little time for people who could afford to go, who don’t have a huge distance to travel and can’t be bothered to support their team then are the first to get on the forum and criticise the team and worse actually slag off fans opinions who did go. In my opinion if you can afford to go, are in good health and don’t stay a huge distance away and simply can’t be bothered going then yes I think these peoples opinions of games are far less important than the ones that did go

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Oh so familiar failings. McMillan literally cowering on the line (actually he retreated behind the line covering his face) for their first goal is possibly the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen on a football pitch.

Quoting myself may be bad form, but I wanted to check if anyone else noticed this. He still had a theoretical chance of blocking the shot, however small, and it seemed to me he absolutely shat it in a manner completely unacceptable for a player down the local rec, never mind a paid professional. I genuinely hope I misread the situation completely.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just when you think that we have turned the corner. a bit of day light at the end of a big tunnel and we go and put in a 2nd half performance like that.Completely over ran so much for them playing 2 hours of football on Tuesday night...I have thought for a few game's now big Hazard leaves a lot to be desired at cross balls does not command his area with any conviction...Terrible day at the office...

100% in a relegation battle, before today in the next 4 weeks we had to play County , Dundee Utd and Ayr United ( 3 out of the top 4 ) and a resurgent Dunfermline, at this moment I would take my chances on a play off place .

Congrats to Squiddy on his first Livi goal , in Caldwell’s judgement we trust !!

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Because those that don’t go to games are the most vocal on the forums about criticism of the club.

dont get me wrong after today’s second half capitulation the manager and players deserve savaged

but I have little time for people who could afford to go, who don’t have a huge distance to travel and can’t be bothered to support their team then are the first to get on the forum and criticise the team and worse actually slag off fans opinions who did go. In my opinion if you can afford to go, are in good health and don’t stay a huge distance away and simply can’t be bothered going then yes I think these peoples opinions of games are far less important than the ones that did go

Thanks for taking the time to provide a polite and well reasoned response, TL.

Not much to disagree with in your assessment, however please keep in mind that many who are on the forum during and immediately after the game are those who cannot be present due to distance, and with the demise of the excellent home coverage from Jagzone following our relegation it naturally follows that their may be a few more opinions n this message board.

Either way, if they are posting on here it doesn't mean they can't be bothered supporting the team.

• Like 1

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Ah! The old chestnut. "Were you at the game today"?. There are numerous reasons that people 'cant'make a game. Distance is one,  although I live in Aberdeen it wouldn't bother me, affordability, again I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it. Another one is work commitments. Some people like me are contracted to work on a Saturday so are rarely able to go. So, there many more reasons apart from the ones you stated. And as for your comment on people who don't go having a less importance of opinion is absolute garbage. You obviously just don't like people who have a different opinion to yourself.

56 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So one defeat and it's Caldwell GTF. No surprise. A truly awful capitulation. Hard to watch....reality check yes. From heroes to zeros. 

That'll be a different interpretation of “I think you can see the impact … not just on the first team but through the reserves and away from the players as well. It completely changes the feel about the place and I see that when I speak to the office staff, the supporters, anyone associated with the Club really." Ditto "Caldwell is happy that his side have stopped conceding as many goals.

YEs, I can see the impact, indeed we all saw it today. Somebody said the 'old doubts arise' - for many of us they never went away. They're not doubts any longer, they're certainties, Caldo is full of sh1t, first serious task and his squad doesn't just crumple, it surrenders.

We now need to  look for  a manager to get us  out League One.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah! The old chestnut. "Were you at the game today"?. There are numerous reasons that people 'cant'make a game. Distance is one,  although I live in Aberdeen it wouldn't bother me, affordability, again I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it. Another one is work commitments. Some people like me are contracted to work on a Saturday so are rarely able to go. So, there many more reasons apart from the ones you stated. And as for your comment on people who don't go having a less importance of opinion is absolute garbage. You obviously just don't like people who have a different opinion to yourself.

When did I say Aberdeen is next to Firhill? Being a bit paranoid aren’t you. I wasn’t including you because your posts are total bull whether you go to a game or not

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Blooming heck, there’s  a lot of assumptions there, TL.

How do you know I can’t be bothered to support the team?

(I have an ST and sponsor several players)

How do you know how far away I live ?

(It’s a 5 hour round trip btw)

How do you know about my health?

(I’m just back at work after 4 months illness)

As it happens, I donated my hospitality places today to the Beatson Charity; which enabled a cancer patient and his partner to enjoy the match for free.

So, How is my opinion less important?  Those that post on the match thread are far & wide and care about our Club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Struggle to see how Caldwell’s at fault for that second half display ,his tactics worked in the first half and the players shat it and let him down in the second half ,he can’t kick the bloody ball for them can he. 

Agree with you. Caldwell set it all up well in the first half and we were coasting. The players fell to bits.

39 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

This pharisaic  post reminds me of Rabbie Burns' Address to the Unco Guid (or the rigidly righteous).

O ye wha are sae guid yoursel',
Sae pious and sae holy,
Ye've nought to do but mark and tell
Your neibours' fauts and folly!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sandy said:

Blooming heck, there’s  a lot of assumptions there, TL.

How do you know I can’t be bothered to support the team?

(I have an ST and sponsor several players)

How do you know how far away I live ?

(It’s a 5 hour round trip btw)

How do you know about my health?

(I’m just back at work after 4 months illness)

As it happens, I donated my hospitality places today to the Beatson Charity; which enabled a cancer patient and his partner to enjoy the match for free.

So, How is my opinion less important?  Those that post on the match thread are far & wide and care about our Club. 

I’m sorry to hear you have not been well sandy. 

Think everyone is guilty of assumptions to be fair. Hopefully on the mend. and well done regarding the hospitality gesture 

to be fair generally I’ve pretty agreed with a lot of what you said before this season and always generally found you to be good banter - Disagreed with a bit of the pro Archie anti Caldwell posts this year such as for example half time east fife but your not one of the ones I was referring too who totally are going gung ho against those that did.  To be fair can understand people being anti Caldwell after today’s performance 

Edited by Third Lanark

37 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

100% in a relegation battle, before today in the next 4 weeks we had to play County , Dundee Utd and Ayr United ( 3 out of the top 4 ) and a resurgent Dunfermline, at this moment I would take my chances on a play off place .

Congrats to Squiddy on his first Livi goal , in Caldwell’s judgement we trust !!

Ah your first post for a while. Maybe you should support Livi?