Dunfermline away 26/02

BalornockJag

After the biggest sh*t the bed 2nd half performance I’ve ever seen watching football time to dust ourself down and go again on Tuesday, definitely need to win, for 2 reasons

1. To prove that the 2nd half was just a blip

2. To drag teams right into this relegation mix no point in talking about promotion play offs now.

3 hours ago, BalornockJag said:

After the biggest sh*t the bed 2nd half performance I’ve ever seen watching football time to dust ourself down and go again on Tuesday, definitely need to win, for 2 reasons

2. To drag teams right into this relegation mix no point in talking about promotion play offs now.

Agree. Big chance missed yesterday. If we would have held onto the 3 points yesterday, we would have put pressure on Morton and QOS. Instead we lose. We go bottom. Pressure back on Thistle. Success  for us this season is not to get relegated.

Who's gonna be first to say this is a "must win game"?  Obviously like most previous mentions of that epithet it isn't a "must win game". A draw at east End Pk should be a perfectly acceptable result. That said a third win away from home on the trot would do wonders to offset Saturday's debacle whilst a defeat would undoubtedly chuck us further in the mire. Given that I'll settle for a point and be happy with it.

9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Who's gonna be first to say this is a "must win game"?  Obviously like most previous mentions of that epithet it isn't a "must win game". A draw at east End Pk should be a perfectly acceptable result. That said a third win away from home on the trot would do wonders to offset Saturday's debacle whilst a defeat would undoubtedly chuck us further in the mire. Given that I'll settle for a point and be happy with it.

Feel its a must not lose game. If we were to lose this after our collapse in Saturdays game, I would fear another horrendous run, that will end up with another relegation. As usual it depends how the game goes. Before yesterdays game I would've settled for a draw. At half time nothing less than 3 points. 2-3 down would've been happy with a point. The roller coaster ride of supporting Thistle summed up in about 96 minutes of football.

• Like 1

This is a must get sumit from the game simply due to the following two games being against Dundee Utd and Ayr Utd. As we are AGAIN on a run of unpredictability who knows.......but odds are against us beating either of these teams, then again......

16 hours ago, BalornockJag said:

Unfortunately, Saturday's second half collapse contained more than just the characteristics of a blip.  There were underlying faults: The lack of midfield subs, the reliance on elderly players, the presence of a yet to be used Coulibaly on the bench (which presumably excluded a  midfield sub) and the puzzling sub of Doolan by Macdonald, when Harkins was in dire need of a seat.  The team were clearly less fit than a team that had played a 2 hour match 3 days earlier.  Why?

Ross County were substantially better than us, but that does not hide the mistakes Caldwell made in his bench or substitutions, and so he needs to think a bit harder for tomorrow's game.

Imagine we’ll go for 5/3 at the back

Hazard

Elloit  McMillan Saunders Ando   Penrice       

Slater    Spittal     

Cardle

Fitzpatrick  Macdonald

Edited by That 1 jags fan

26 minutes ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Imagine we’ll go for 5/3 at the back

Hazard

Elloit  McMillan Saunders Ando   Penrice       

Slater    Spittal     

Cardle

Fitzpatrick  Macdonald

Don't disagree with that. Let's hope cardle is fit otherwise we may struggle to create. I actually think Slater is a decent holding midfielder so not overly concerned at banzo being out. This game will show if the team mentality has changed away from home after a god awful defeat. 

3 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Unfortunately, Saturday's second half collapse contained more than just the characteristics of a blip.  There were underlying faults: The lack of midfield subs, the reliance on elderly players, the presence of a yet to be used Coulibaly on the bench (which presumably excluded a  midfield sub) and the puzzling sub of Doolan by Macdonald, when Harkins was in dire need of a seat.  The team were clearly less fit than a team that had played a 2 hour match 3 days earlier.  Why?

Ross County were substantially better than us, but that does not hide the mistakes Caldwell made in his bench or substitutions, and so he needs to think a bit harder for tomorrow's game.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

3 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I agree with everything you say there 'cept your presumption re a midfield sub. McCarthy, Gordon & Cardle all injured and Wilson on loan,  We could maybe have moved Christie across to left back when Saunders came on and stick Penrice in front of a back four. Other than that our options in midfield were limited and having to go to a back three due to Banzo's injury was more or less forced on us.

I agree with your last sentence in so much that even with the forced substitution Caldwell got a lot wrong on Saturday. I do tho' believe GC hasn't made much error of late in both team selection and deploying his substitutions. In fact it's been rather impressive just how much he's got right. Hopefully he's learned from Saturday.

According to game preview Cardle and Storey may not be available until Hearts or DU game.  On other hand, Gordon apparently has been back in training for 2 weeks and could make the squad for tonight.

Oh, and no mention of McCarthy which I find strange.  At least tell us if he's injured.  Could have done with him as a midfield sub last game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Maybe Leicester's appointment of Rodgers will start a chain reaction that will see Caldwell headhunted by some rich club.  In which case hats off to Low for having the foresight to give him such a long contract that will give us some compensation.  I suspect however that hats will stay firmly on!

Very quiet thread this so near to a vital game.

Edited by eljaggo

Just now, eljaggo said:

Maybe Leicester's appointment of Rodgers will start a chain reaction that will see Caldwell headhunted by some rich club.  In which case hats off to Low for having the foresight to give him such a long contract that will give us some compensation.  I suspect however that hats will stay firmly on!

Very quiet thread this so near to a vital game.

I think after that thumping on Saturday we are just holding our breath to see what happens tonight. 

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Really surprised to see Harkins in the starting 11, considering he was struggling 5 minutes into the second half on Saturday.

Jagszone commentary suggesting he might be subbed early in the second half as he appears to be tiring.....    and he has was given an 18 month contract..

Hopefully the second half is as transformational as Saturday's.....  in our favour of course