Dunfermline away 26/02

BalornockJag

That was honking. Was just as poor as our last trip to east end park. Played the same formation as that night, with similar result. No creativity or goal threat. Made Devine look like a competent defender. 

Not actually sure Caldwell has a clue what he is doing. Coulibaly looked astounded to be getting on the pitch. No idea what is wrong with doolan but he has offered heehaw for months now. Slater flatters to deceive, as for harkins... hope banzo is back soon as without him I would fear the worst 

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I sincerely hope you weren’t uttering any unladylike language tonight in the direction of Mr Caldwell or his team of “winners”.

Of course not. Only a fool couldn't see an improvement from the weekend. From losing four 2nd half goals at home we're now only shipping three and away from home to boot. Encouraging.........

• Like 1

One of the worst and most gutless performances in a season of terrible and gutless performances. We had no pace, no width, no discernible game plan and no heart or desire. Harkins looked every inch the faded 34 year old lower league journeyman shirker that he is, while McDonald looked every inch the 35 year old recently un-retired pal of the gaffer’s that he is.

There can be no excuses anymore - this is Caldwell’s team. On tonight’s performance we are absolutely going down. Caldwell needs to pull something out the bag and pronto, or else the recent good run (which, let’s be honest, looks a lot better than it was thanks to the two routine cup wins against lower league opposition) will be a mere blip in a reign of abject failure. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

First time for a very long time that I have left before the final whistle but tonight was just the pits..Sorry Gary but I don't think that you have a clue as how to get us out of this....

He doesn't have a clue. Just ask the Wigan and Chesterfield fans. On the other hand if you want a team relegated, you know who to call.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Only you mate! So how’s yer pal GC working out the noo? Oh, we are bottom of the league.

I want better for the Jags, how about you?

Like you I am called sandy. Like you I don’t like Caldwell, haven’t from day one. I am back from east end park. And like you I am disappointed. I have lots of thoughts about the game, players, tactics, etc and I come on this forum to do so with fellow thistle fans  and instead there is all this personal bullshit. 

If we get relegated it won’t be javeajags fault. it will be down to a combination of Archie, Britton, cakdwell the players and the board.  

I am sure everyone on here wants the same thing   Thistle to stay up  we have bet all the dough on promotion -  relegation is serious  it’ shouldn’t be  a pawn in a game to wind people up  

So I absolutely know you care about the club  but gonnae no do that please - we all need to pull together   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

One of the worst and most gutless performances in a season of terrible and gutless performances. We had no pace, no width, no discernible game plan and no heart or desire. Harkins looked every inch the faded 34 year old lower league journeyman shirker that he is, while McDonald looked every inch the 35 year old recently un-retired pal of the gaffer’s that he is.

There can be no excuses anymore - this is Caldwell’s team. On tonight’s performance we are absolutely going down. Caldwell needs to pull something out the bag and pronto, or else the recent good run (which, let’s be honest, looks a lot better than it was thanks to the two routine cup wins against lower league opposition) will be a mere blip in a reign of abject failure. 

That I would mark Haskins higher than McDonald shows just how bad McDonald was tonight! 

8 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Yes we have to find something, a manager who can get us to 8th.

Short term yes, but a manager who can also look ahead long term and can actually build a squad and a strategy capable of getting us back to the Premier League.

Caldwell is not that man.

Edited by Big Col

10 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Short term yes, but a manager who can also look ahead long term and can actually build a squad and a strategy capable of getting us back to the Premier League.

Caldwell is not that man.

Agree. I was just talking about this season. We have went from looking to get promoted to avoiding relegation in 4months.

Just in from the game but I knew there would have been umpteen posts from Sandybaws as usual.

We were absolutely toothless and didnt make their keeper work at all in the 2nd half and only once in the first. The best move of the match was broken down by wee Aiden who was mince the night. If he had did better with that we should have been looking at 1 each. We controlled the game without creating anything which frankly is a waste of time. We looked like 11 strangers at times with no clue, which has been ever too present for the past few years. We conceded from 2 corners, again the first within minutes of the 2nd half kicking off. They were never in the game, only attacking from our own mistakes and shitebaggery. Wee Soulymane was the only one showing any sort of urgency. Is it Caldwells fault wee Aiden couldnt trap a bag of cement tonight? Would sacking and bringing in a new manager make a difference this late in the season? The cards have been dealt, its upto them now to keep us up

35 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Just in from the game but I knew there would have been umpteen posts from Sandybaws as usual.

We were absolutely toothless and didnt make their keeper work at all in the 2nd half and only once in the first. The best move of the match was broken down by wee Aiden who was mince the night. If he had did better with that we should have been looking at 1 each. We controlled the game without creating anything which frankly is a waste of time. We looked like 11 strangers at times with no clue, which has been ever too present for the past few years. We conceded from 2 corners, again the first within minutes of the 2nd half kicking off. They were never in the game, only attacking from our own mistakes and shitebaggery. Wee Soulymane was the only one showing any sort of urgency. Is it Caldwells fault wee Aiden couldnt trap a bag of cement tonight? Would sacking and bringing in a new manager make a difference this late in the season? The cards have been dealt, its upto them now to keep us up

We still persevere with a system 3 - 5 - 2 which we’ve haven’t got the players for ,no ball playing Centre back to push up at times to join the midfield which Adam Barton did 2 seasons ago 

Christie Elliott could be a wing back because of his pace and athleticism, James Penrice is a full back at best .

There is no pace in the team ,apart from Christie and Aidan Fitzpatrick ( should we really be relying on a 17 yr old to keep us up ) no height up front as an out ball especially away from home .

Gary Caldwell asked to be judged when he got his own players in , his record is now indefensible.

• Like 1

Without  Bannigan covering his back Harkins is a waste of space. Hazard lives up to his name.  Forwards received no decent ball at all. Coulibally took up lots of good positions but nobody had the intelligence to put a decent ball through. Midfield seemed to be on their holidays. What is it with defending the first 5 minutes of the second half? None of these problems are new,they seem to be endemic no matter who the manager is.

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Listening to  GC post match tonight is not encouraging 

He might be the best coach in the world, who knows, but his emotional intelligence is poor. 

He saw the reaction at full time. To use his interview to apologise to fans who paid money tk watch that might have been sensible instead of huffing and puffing his way through a few minutes saying nothing of any substance. 

I fear the cup wins & wins against other strugglers has given us a false sense of optimism.

Make no mistake, we’re in the brown stuff & the paddle has long since sunk. Wasn’t there last night, but the 2nd half on Saturday was some of the worst I’ve seen - all over the park - and I don’t see where the next goal is coming from, let alone the next win. 

Worst thing was the palpable sense of resignation  in the stands when they scored their first. Absolutely toothless - and we know it, and the opposition know it.

Levein must be rubbing his hands in anticipation of Monday's game! I fear he could play a full team of reserves and still win easily.

I didn't even react when the goals went in last night, - same as most folk round about!

Why McDonald started and was allowed to stay on so long is puzzling. Coulibaly looked more interested and did much more in his cameo appearance.

Best and only thing from last night was the very good pie!!

9 hours ago, MonehJags said:

I also  knew there'd be umpteen posts … slagging off Sandybaws … who at least should be given the credit for seeing the iceberg (while many were revelling  over our defeats of the giants of Methil Stranraer and Alloa).

I find astonishing that there isn't a single Jags fan who thinks Caldo shouldn't be sacked. I know one of his (former) main fan-bois has recanted (and fair play to him for admitting he got it wrong), while the other is probably still prostrated with grief at events in the east end of the city (he certainly hasn't been seen on here after the last two games).

As I say, incomprehensible that there is even one single fan who wants Caldo to stay. But there you are.