Dunfermline away 26/02

BalornockJag

10 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I also  knew there'd be umpteen posts … slagging off Sandybaws … who at least should be given the credit for seeing the iceberg (while many were revelling  over our defeats of the giants of Methil Stranraer and Alloa).

I find astonishing that there isn't a single Jags fan who thinks Caldo shouldn't be sacked. I know one of his (former) main fan-bois has recanted (and fair play to him for admitting he got it wrong), while the other is probably still prostrated with grief at events in the east end of the city (he certainly hasn't been seen on here after the last two games).

As I say, incomprehensible that there is even one single fan who wants Caldo to stay. But there you are.

Agree.

I’m telling Sandy’s maw that yer calling me sandybaws ;)

But seriously, we all want the Jags to succeed. It’s just that GC doesn’t convince me he is the right manager to get us back where we belong. He’s spent the January board money, brought the right ‘characters’ in, hired the SAS, changed the dugouts, improved our fitness (apparently) - and we are bottom of the table, BELOW where he began his tenure. 

I care about our plight and we are in danger of dropping into the third tier. Crowds are low, money will dry up next season. Part-time football the next step?

The wonderful memories of 2012-13 are fading fast.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I also  knew there'd be umpteen posts … slagging off Sandybaws … who at least should be given the credit for seeing the iceberg (while many were revelling  over our defeats of the giants of Methil Stranraer and Alloa).

I find astonishing that there isn't a single Jags fan who thinks Caldo shouldn't be sacked. I know one of his (former) main fan-bois has recanted (and fair play to him for admitting he got it wrong), while the other is probably still prostrated with grief at events in the east end of the city (he certainly hasn't been seen on here after the last two games).

As I say, incomprehensible that there is even one single fan who wants Caldo to stay. But there you are.

I think any examination of my views would show that I had reservations about GC but given he inherited a utterly dreadful unbalanced squad I felt he should be given time after January with new players... and indeed things did improve until Saturday and last night 

however just as I argued that Archie should go after the  Ross c match this time last season I also feel GC is almost at the end... couple more poor results and we will need s change to try and shake things up to avoid automatic relegation

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree.

Meet too. I have wavered recently but up until January I was firmly in the "sack Caldwell now or accept we are going down" camp. Most on here were of a similar mind. So not sure why you say that semi.

Granted i moved due to recent performances and became more accepting of his tenure but many months ago I was posting for change and some meaningful protest like in the old shed days. No appetite at that time. Do you think that's going to change?

We'll be relegated, there'll be much wringing of hands, looking at the floor, talk of Archie or colly returning........and we will start new season in division 1 with Caldwell still in charge

15 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Meet too. I have wavered recently but up until January I was firmly in the "sack Caldwell now or accept we are going down" camp. Most on here were of a similar mind. So not sure why you say that semi.

Granted i moved due to recent performances and became more accepting of his tenure but many months ago I was posting for change and some meaningful protest like in the old shed days. No appetite at that time. Do you think that's going to change?

We'll be relegated, there'll be much wringing of hands, looking at the floor, talk of Archie or colly returning........and we will start new season in division 1 with Caldwell still in charge

The feeling of being resigned to our fate is all too pervasive at the moment; apathy on the forum, apathy at the gates.

We need positive change.

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

The feeling of being resigned to our fate is all too pervasive at the moment; apathy on the forum, apathy at the gates.

We need positive change.

Do you think we need change at board level as well Sandy?  I feel (probably wrongly) someone like McCall may not be accepted back by some in the board (if he sought to come back) due to past issues and personally I feel that would be an unacceptable attitude, if someone has an addiction they need to be give help not have grudges held against them

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Do you think we need change at board level as well Sandy?  I feel (probably wrongly) someone like McCall may not be accepted back by some in the board (if he sought to come back) due to past issues and personally I feel that would be an unacceptable attitude, if someone has an addiction they need to be give help not have grudges held against them

It’s a difficult question, TL. I’ve deliberately avoided criticising the Board, as many of them are new. They have the best intentions; and both our Chairperson and Chief Exec are sound people. Gerry is also a legend. 

But like you, I’m all for forgiveness. Everyone falls from grace at least once in their life; if they bounce back from that having learned, then I would give them the chance. So, I’m open to McCall returning but I still want Davie Moyes ;)

3 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Not taking to Caldwell (as I am ashamed to say I have done for some unknown reason from day one) , and wishing Sandy would adopt a less gloating and adversarial tone with fellow supporters who will be hurting after a trouncing (something of course not only he is guilty of) are not mutually exclusive in my opinion.

Just now, jaf said:

Not taking to Caldwell (as I am ashamed to say I have done for some unknown reason from day one) , and wishing Sandy would adopt a less gloating and adversarial tone with fellow supporters who will be hurting after a trouncing (something of course not only he is guilty of) are not mutually exclusive in my opinion.

Aye, you’ve already made your point Jaf. I have heard you. All Jags fans are hurting including me.

7 minutes ago, jaf said:

Its beautiful - gutted I had to turn down a game of golf!

A pleasant change from all the rain on the parade of PTFC in recent times!

It’s a grand place, tempted to find a job there at some point. I was born at PRI although my parents took me back to their home city of Glasgow when I was two.

Goodness, I could have been a Saintees fan ;)

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

i have an addiction to bloody partick thistle and it's driving me up the wall  :crazy:

1 hour ago, sandy said:

It’s a grand place, tempted to find a job there at some point. I was born at PRI although my parents took me back to their home city of Glasgow when I was two.

Goodness, I could have been a Saintees fan ;)

Do I not recall you briefly lived at Huntingtower?!!!

1 hour ago, sandy said:

It’s a difficult question, TL. I’ve deliberately avoided criticising the Board, as many of them are new. They have the best intentions; and both our Chairperson and Chief Exec are sound people. Gerry is also a legend. 

Are the board really that new? Low has been on the board for a number of years now, and as far as I’m aware only Alan Rough (who I imagine is a relatively inactive member anyway) has joined in the last 12 months. Meaning the current board have been involved in presiding over one relegation and are about to preside over a second. They should absolutely be criticised and called out for the complete and utter mess that they’ve made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sandy said:

We need positive change.

Agree very much sandy.

That said, guess who went to firhill today to get x 3 tickets for the hearts game?

Wasn't it always the case, I've lost track of how many times I have said I wasn't going back and wouldn't waste my hard earned on Thistle.

15 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Agree very much sandy.

That said, guess who went to firhill today to get x 3 tickets for the hearts game?

Wasn't it always the case, I've lost track of how many times I have said I wasn't going back and wouldn't waste my hard earned on Thistle.

Ah but our love for the Club always pulls us back in!

11 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Given credit? For acting like a daft 12 year old wee lassie, gloating at every defeat. As for last night, I didnt go with a red and yellow gary caldwell scarf. I went to cheer us on expecting the unexpected, sadly it was all too familiar. So you want to sack the boy, my question is, what do we do next? This debacle has been years in the making and is not something that will easily be changed. Its a total rebuild that is required now, not a few players. Is Caldwell the man? He's under severe pressure for sure, but whoever is in charge next season faces a difficult job

Edited by admin
Abusive comment