Dunfermline away 26/02

BalornockJag

9 hours ago, MonehJags said:

When you sign 'footballers' that never play professionally ever again, i think its quite apt. We have went from having a bright future to an unknown one in that space of time. Unbelievable

There is no doubt that our rapid decline since getting top 6 has been both rapid and alarming as we don't seem to know how to turn it around. Archibald had a big part in the decline and his last 2 transfer windows were at best poor. But before that we had 4 seasons in the premier league and Archibald had a big part in that as well. That is why I think it is unfair  to refer to him as a clown. But each to their own.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, allyo said:

I have no problem with short termism right now. When your boat is sinking you don't paint the cabin.

Im just worried that it isn't working.

It very obviously isn’t working-of course like a typical Scottish football supporter I’ll take that all back and even deny that I ever said it if we beat the Hertz.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:04 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just been reminded that next season very possibly Thistle will be playing in a league below the one Dick Campbell will be managing in.

Good Night, All. Sweet Dreams.

If we are going down, and I suspect we are not, it is just fate. We have enough money floating around to see us bounce back.

Just saying.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:50 PM, sandy said:

But surely Fitzpatrick, Sneddon, Banzo & Spittal are useful enough to be here next season? 

You may find they have relegation release clauses in their contract. I think Spittal is out of contract in the summer unless I missed an extension announcement 

19 hours ago, douglas clark said:

If we are going down, and I suspect we are not, it is just fate. We have enough money floating around to see us bounce back.

Just saying.

What money?

Our crowds will be down (again)

The gate price will go down

Our sponsorships will be down

The cost of running and maintaining Firhill will be the same (or higher)

We have a large office and back room staff

We have an expensive squad

If we go down, a lot of staff and players will need to go and a squad of kids or part-time players will be brought in to try and balance the books

21 hours ago, douglas clark said:

Just saying.

Naw naw and thrice naw. Bouncing back only if the right guy/gal is in charge. As AJ has said, the 1st div is as tough to get out of as the championship. We could be facing years in the wilderness. To think bouncing back up will be easy is naive at best.

22 hours ago, douglas clark said:

Just saying.

Unless the weirs are writing a cheque, I don’t think that’s correct. 

We went into this season with less money in the bank than Falkirk I seem to recall. 

We have had to pay two managers for most of the season  

Additionally we maintained a premier league infrastructure since we were going “back where we belong”  

i doubt the finances will be as great as you seem to think   All the more reason to beat hearts  and get some cash from a Hamden semi final  

Edited by jaf
  • Like 2