Last Jag Standing, Shea Gordon home top in memory of Robert Watson 15/7/85 - 24/3/17

Auld Jag

This is the competition for Shea Gordon's home top that was sponsored in Robert's memory.The competition is free to enter and everybody is welcome to join in. The rules are simple. Everybody starts with 3 life's and you predict the score on Thistle games. If you get the score correct you get an extra life. If you get the outcome correct your life's stay the same. If you get the outcome wrong or miss a prediction you lose a life. The winner is the last competitor who has at least one life left when all the others have none.The first game  you need to predict on is the game against Dundee Utd  9/3/19. All predictions must be posted on this thread at least 5 minutes before kick off. Good luck to everybody.

• Like 4

AJ. Many thanks for this. Count me in, please.

However, I think I will follow the current Brexit theme of running down the clock. I will see how results and performances pan out over the next week or so, and then choose my score.

Having said that, being a ridiculous optimist, I will be going for a Thistle win, an approach which cost me rather badly in your last competition.

3 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Last week I would've gone for a jaggy win v DUFC but since last weekend's capitulation I'll follow partickthedog's lead and hedge my bets til nearer the game. Very generous of you.

Me too. I'm taking this very seriously :)

btw quite appropriately Shea Gordon appears to be poised for a comeback.

13 hours ago, sandy said:

Thanks AJ. I’ll go 2-1 for the Jags 

13 hours ago, partickthedog said:

AJ. Many thanks for this. Count me in, please.

However, I think I will follow the current Brexit theme of running down the clock. I will see how results and performances pan out over the next week or so, and then choose my score.

Having said that, being a ridiculous optimist, I will be going for a Thistle win, an approach which cost me rather badly in your last competition.

10 hours ago, elevenone said:

Great stuff AJ thanks.  I will sit on the fence and go for 1-1.

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Last week I would've gone for a jaggy win v DUFC but since last weekend's capitulation I'll follow partickthedog's lead and hedge my bets til nearer the game. Very generous of you.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Me too. I'm taking this very seriously :)

btw quite appropriately Shea Gordon appears to be poised for a comeback.

Thanks for taking part.Anyone who has already predicted but depending on our form might want to change their prediction can do so, as long as it is done at least 5 minutes before kick off. I have tippex on stand by . Good luck to everybody.

I'll have a wee guess later, meantime...

15.07.2004 Royal Highland Fusiliers [a] W9-0 (Friendly)
15.07.2006 Lancaster City [a] W2-1 (Friendly)
15.07.2008 Stirling Albion [a] W2-0 (Friendly)
15.07.2016 Airdrieonians [a] W1-0 (League Cup Group E - game 1)

100% win rate for the Jags in Rab's birthday lifetime, sum boi B)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

I'll have a wee guess later, meantime...

15.07.2004 Royal Highland Fusiliers [a] W9-0 (Friendly)
15.07.2006 Lancaster City [a] W2-1 (Friendly)
15.07.2008 Stirling Albion [a] W2-0 (Friendly)
15.07.2016 Airdrieonians [a] W1-0 (League Cup Group E - game 1)

100% win rate for the Jags in Rab's birthday lifetime, sum boi B)

Thanks for that TJR. Good luck.

4 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Saw the plaque you mentioned on Saturday in the JLS. Great stuff. Makes you proud of the club, for all its faults.

Thanks SN we are very proud of it and we know Robert would have been surprised at this as he was a very modest young man. I always stand close to the plaque, same place as I did when Robert was with me, so the next time you are at the plaque come and say hello.

3 hours ago, Sinistar said:

Hi AJ, thank you for setting this up and for inviting us all to take part. It's a nice way to remember Robert.

Dundee United to beat Thistle 3-2 is my prediction. Good luck all!

Thanks Sinistar,good luck.

2 hours ago, scotty said:

My heart says differently but my head is screaming Dundee Utd 3 - Thistle 0. :(

Thanks Scotty, good luck.

27 minutes ago, jaggy said:

we did ok tonight in the 2nd half, and they didn't look good at all yesterday, but I still think they're better than us. Hope I'm wrong but I think United will win 2-1

Thanks Jaggy.Can I remind anyone who is yet to enter or predict a score all predictions must be in by 2-55 pm this Saturday 9th March. Also the replay at Tynecastle will be included in this competition.