Hearts vs Thistle Scottish Cup Quarter Final Replay - Tuesday 12 March / Thistle vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Quarter Final - Monday 4 March

jagfox

3 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Let's be honest many on here were predicting a horsing. They got it wrong. Hearts not as good as I thought they may be. Their long ball game was instrumental in killing the game as a spectacle. We still have hope...

Hearts should have been out of sight by half time and should have won the game easily 

can we be as bad again well yes as referenced by the last two league games 

Edited by javeajag

On 3/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, Garscube Road End said:

Fearing a humping here. Our old defensive frailties seem to have returned and against the likes of the different class of Hearts this could be painful.

It was painful to watch. Not humped though....

13 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Know something Harkins was honking first half but second half I thought he done his job pretty well. Most likely big ipekeuzu was ****** but Harkins stuck to his task.

I hope Caldwell plays the team the interview with ipekruzu at the end seems to think they only need to turn up at tynecastle to win (they probably do) but hopefully fire the players up anyway.

Fair play to the players and manager for getting a decent result after I was heavily criticising them at half time.  Club needs as much money as it can get so replay at hearts will add a bit to the coffers

I watched this on TV ….. a terribly hard watch (barring the 10 minutes in the second half when we actually played to some sort of plan) For those that were actually at the game, please try to have a listen to the commentary of the game from BBC Scotland, particularly the summarising by the guy Michael Stewart. The guy completely nailed the tactics (or lack of) by Thistle in the first half. As said earlier in this thread, it would be good if he could have a word in the ear of our players and manager, they might understand the problems we had in that first half a bit better, and perhaps have a better game plan for the replay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1