Hearts vs Thistle Scottish Cup Quarter Final Replay - Tuesday 12 March / Thistle vs Hearts - Scottish Cup Quarter Final - Monday 4 March

jagfox

51 minutes ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

The positivity is just oozing from this thread. 

Yes, the last two results have been rotten. 1st half against County was the best we have played in ages. The second half and the Dunfermline game were completely unacceptable. However, tonight is a Scottish Cup Quarter Final! 

We may get cuffed, we may spring a surprise (yes, it's possible).

For God's sake though, cheer up. Go along, support the team and enjoy the game!

My view entirely. Otherwise why bother going.....

37 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I sat down and worked it out.

In the Scottish Cup, Thistle have beaten a team in a higher league than them on only three occasions in the last twenty years. The most recent was ICT on penalties some 13 years ago, with a replay victory over Premier League Dundee in 2001-02, and a victory over First Division Livingston in 1999-2000. In every one of the 7 seasons we've been in the top-flight, we were eliminated by a Premier League team, with any prior victories against Premier League teams having come on only three occasions (Hamilton in 2014-15, St Mirren in 2015-16 and St Johnstone in 2016-17).

To be fair the bold part is actually a positive statistic. i.e. We were never knocked out by a team from a league below us.

Not sure that St Mirren were premier league in 2015-16?

But generally speaking, I'm not disagreeing with you.

1 hour ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

Yes, the last two results have been rotten. 1st half against County was the best we have played in ages. The second half and the Dunfermline game were completely unacceptable. However, tonight is a Scottish Cup Quarter Final! 

I'll try, really I will. But I'm a realist if nothing else and nothing I have seen recently has done anything to bolster my enthusiasm. As I said on another thread I'm going due to habit and to see friends these days, I will support the team......up until 4 I believe the song goes!!

2 hours ago, AlwaysOutnumbered... said:

Agreed, let’s go and support the team.

Let us not be embarrassingly outnumbered. It would be a great day indeed if we could finally beat Hearts in the Cup.

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Agreed, let’s go and support the team.

Let us not be embarrassingly outnumbered. It would be a great day indeed if we could finally beat Hearts in the Cup.

Really hoping  that we have a right go for it this evening,okay there is a danger of us getting a bit of a doing,but we might get one sitting back and inviting them on to us,we know we don't defend well,lets get tore right in and see what happens.

Couldn't get ticket added so I'm sitting this one out. Also Monday night for a cup quarter final on reflection is a load of bollocks and we'll be lucky to make much out of this tie.

Good luck to the lads tonight. Hopefully they make me choke on my ice cold beer...

32 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Couldn't get ticket added so I'm sitting this one out. Also Monday night for a cup quarter final on reflection is a load of bollocks and we'll be lucky to make much out of this tie.

Good luck to the lads tonight. Hopefully they make me choke on my ice cold beer...

You beer animal. Hope it makes you p1ss like an elephant and every time you go to the toilet the theeesul score:party:

3 minutes ago, the saint said:

Just to confirm. Can you turn up and pay at the gate tonight like a regular fixture and does anyone know the prices tonight for adults / kids / concessions? Thanls

Yes. Usual prices. Adult 20 quid. Not sure about concessions

5 minutes ago, the saint said:

Just to confirm. Can you turn up and pay at the gate tonight like a regular fixture and does anyone know the prices tonight for adults / kids / concessions? Thanls

William Hill Scottish Cup
Mon 4 March, 2019. Kick Off: - 19:05
The Energy Check Stadium at Firhill

Fixture Information:

Admission Details:

This fixture is a GENERAL ADMISSION match for Partick Thistle supporters.

HOME ticket prices:

Tickets for Partick Thistle supporters can be purchased right up until kick off on the day of the match.

Prices:

Adults – £20

Concessions – £15

Under 16s – £5

A concession is qualified as a person between 17 and 18, over 65 or a student with a valid matriculation card.

:ph34r:

Really gutted I am missing this as I have been suffering from flu since yesterday. Will be sitting on my sofa with a hot water bottle watching the game. Not as good as being there. Hope I will be back in my usual place at the front of the John Lambie stand on Saturday.

Line  Ups

Partick Thistle

• 15Hazard
  • 31McMillan
  • 5Anderson
  • 43Saunders
  • 2Elliott
  • 17Slater
  • 11Harkins
  • 7Spittal
  • 3Penrice
  • 21Fitzpatrick