Partick Thistle vs Dundee United Saturday 9 March

jagfox

Massive league game on Saturday for us, as they all are for the foreseeable future.

Good to see players coming back into the reckoning for selection with Cardle and Storey coming off the bench on Monday.

Still a Bannigan shapes hole in midfield.

Yinited coming off a couple of dodgy results and I reckon this is their last chance of vying for the title so they'll be up for this.

Hoping for a win irrespective of performance.

I think this game will shape the rest of the season, DUFC are not (IMO) as good a team as either Ross County or ICT, and are well beatable. We just need to turn up and play like we did for that first 45 against Ross County. We have the players to win this game comfortably, we just need the right tactics and some luck.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think this game will shape the rest of the season, DUFC are not (IMO) as good a team as either Ross County or ICT, and are well beatable. We just need to turn up and play like we did for that first 45 against Ross County. We have the players to win this game comfortably, we just need the right tactics and some luck.

Agree with all of this. Positive attacking line up for 90 minutes this weekend not just turn up for 45. Do that and we'll get 3 points.

35 minutes ago, sandy said:

I really hope we turn up and put our best players on the pitch. And not be afraid to change formation (like Solskjaer did against PSG) if things ain’t working.

I’ll be there and hope to say hi to @Auld Jag if he has shaken off his lurgy

Hope to be fit and be at the game. Looking forward to having a chat with Sandy and also partickthedog.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we could repeat our form up at Tannadice then we should be capable of a win. We've no Banzo alas but we should be fitter than in January when we ran out of steam. Finding someway of keeping Slater further up the park and not have to rely so much on his constant tracking back would be very helpful. If Gordon was fully fit then that would be a solution.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Yes, old Gary managed 90 minutes on Monday so needs a LONG rest.

And please no Miles!

To be fair on Miles, he did manage to laugh at himself and his shooting ability in his JagZone interview.

There is talk that Ian McCall is going to sign him before the summer holidays to get some Ayr Miles.

22 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

Falkirk two up at half time. Can't afford to get detached.

Ayr have collapsed since the turn of the year, but because of the start they had they can afford it. Because of our terrible form until the beginning of this year we cant afford anymore poor results. We need to go on a  run of something like 4 or 5 wins in a row.

11 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Ayr have collapsed since the turn of the year, but because of the start they had they can afford it. Because of our terrible form until the beginning of this year we cant afford anymore poor results. We need to go on a  run of something like 4 or 5 wins in a row.

Much as I’d love to see that A. J.. I honestly can’t see it happening?