Partick Thistle vs Dundee United Saturday 9 March

jagfox

15 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Ayr have collapsed since the turn of the year, but because of the start they had they can afford it. Because of our terrible form until the beginning of this year we cant afford anymore poor results. We need to go on a  run of something like 4 or 5 wins in a row.

Starting tomorrow AJ.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Ayr have collapsed since the turn of the year, but because of the start they had they can afford it. Because of our terrible form until the beginning of this year we cant afford anymore poor results. We need to go on a  run of something like 4 or 5 wins in a row.

Edited by stillresigned
Typo

35 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

That isn't happening. I think we have to realistically look at us vying with Alloa for that play off spot.

9 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

That isn't happening. I think we have to realistically look at us vying with Alloa for that play off spot.

With Falkirk winning last night, we either beat DU today and go on a late surge up to safety or it’s us and/or Alloa going down.

Just now, sandy said:

With Falkirk winning last night, we either beat DU today and go on a late surge up to safety or it’s us and/or Alloa going down.

Just now, sandy said:

Totally agree with this.

It was frustrating to watch Falkirk score two fine goals, be 2-0 up at half-time and then defend the lead competently, why could we not have done the same against RC? 

Falkirk look to be playing well [unbeaten in 2019], so perhaps QoS might be in the relegation mix with us and Alloa?

We can avoid all that if we can win today and get some sort of momentum. I think today is another one of those crunch games that we just need to turn up and play as well as we know we can, that DUFC team are not as good as advertised.

33 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I definitely think that we could beat Utd. today, but whether we will or not is frankly anyone’s guess. Today will be my first game back since the Morton one before New Year: I trust Thistle will not put me back in hospital with a repeat of that days abject performance?;)

SR, Just to be safe, I would keep the hospital's number on speed-dial. :)

I am still have nightmares after the Ross County game

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

It was frustrating to watch Falkirk score two fine goals, be 2-0 up at half-time and then defend the lead competently, why could we not have done the same against RC? 

Falkirk look to be playing well [unbeaten in 2019], so perhaps QoS might be in the relegation mix with us and Alloa?

We can avoid all that if we can win today and get some sort of momentum. I think today is another one of those crunch games that we just need to turn up and play as well as we know we can, that DUFC team are not as good as advertised.

I get what your saying though Ross County are quite a bit better than the Ayr United from December 2018 onwards.

11 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How about based on the fight back vs Hearts, though ?

I agree lenziejag, posted that after the cup game. 

Someone on here posted a few montgs back that cos we were getting beaten every week and were turning in terrible performances we were no longer the great unpredictables.  I respectfully submit we never lost that tag, if the 2nd half v hearts turn up we will pump this mob, if the 2nd half v county turn up we'll get a right doing

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I think Morton have done enough to avoid although I agree that QOS are not safe

Totally agree - I've been watching Queens for a while now, they seem to be in freefall. Not sure if their recent record is worse than ours, but feel it cant be much better. Hopefully the fake thistle can do us a bit of a favour today.

Can't make the game today, so best of luck to all who are. 'Yet another' must win!