Partick Thistle vs Dundee United Saturday 9 March

jagfox

I was listening with my head in my hands for the last 15 after they scored, I was sweating like Lee Evans! Then Big Nige and Fitzy step up and I’m screaming like a wee lassie when we score, the dug nearly emptied her Webbox-filled bowels on my carpet with all the noise. I facetimed my bro for 2 mins to say it was 2-1 then realised the game was still on. I put the comms back on and they score about 30 secs later, only for Micky Max’s beautiful voice to say It’s offside, the flag is up! There really isn’t a better feeling than a last minute winner (especially against DUTD), I feel sorry for folk that don’t follow football and don’t get to experience the absolute scenes at a last min goal! Pished the night. Credit to Caldwell for the subs and the team for grinding that one out with no Banzo, tremendous effort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Now that sounds like a plan! 

Great result for one and all. Really was fearing after Falkirk won last night. Ayr were hopeless and the first goal was as jammy as you get. We can go with confidence to Brockville or whatever shitey name their stadium has now.

Remember we play at the Energy Check Stadium at Firhill before you start calling other stadium names shitey

That'gotta be the most exciting game I've been to for years. It had everything. Great value for 20 quid. Much more of this jags please.

The ref had a shocker. Worst I've seen all season. Two missed penalties, one for each team. Multiple fouls and free kicks the wrong way. Several times DU took corners outside the corner kick area, just really poor but forgiven for the last minute offside decision

Thought we were going to be the only team ever to score a last minute winner and end up drawing. Great pass by Mansell and great finish by Fitzpatrick for the winner. McDonald was a handful all day, should have scored just after half time and he should have also been given a penalty. Great result, lets hope this is the start of another good run of results. Hazard really needs to work on his kicking. Pulled of a good double save.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I was listening with my head in my hands for the last 15 after they scored, I was sweating like Lee Evans! Then Big Nige and Fitzy step up and I’m screaming like a wee lassie when we score, the dug nearly emptied her Webbox-filled bowels on my carpet with all the noise. I facetimed my bro for 2 mins to say it was 2-1 then realised the game was still on. I put the comms back on and they score about 30 secs later, only for Micky Max’s beautiful voice to say It’s offside, the flag is up! There really isn’t a better feeling than a last minute winner (especially against DUTD), I feel sorry for folk that don’t follow football and don’t get to experience the absolute scenes at a last min goal! Pished the night. Credit to Caldwell for the subs and the team for grinding that one out with no Banzo, tremendous effort.

that's it in a nutshell 

second half we were all over the place however 

macdonald was immense clever player gave 100% 

also thought mansell put himself about, maybe should be on from the start 

great 3 points today

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’m pleased we have won today, but @Kingleo and @dl1971 want to give me grief? Maybe they didn’t read my posts earlier when I was celebrating going in front?

Lads, crack open a beer and chill this evening ...

Your style of posting provokes a reaction. 

The 'unnecessary abuse' that has been reported has been deleted. Maybe take your own advice and chill. Didn't expect to deal with this kind of nonsense after a great win. 

Typical Thistle roller coaster, but this time we got the last minute goal and the rub of the green (offside goal for United)

Its good to see we kept fighting and pushing for a win.

Great 3 points, but we need the same next week and week after, we need to keep going till May

Wine is open, and a lovely Adelphi 21yr old is calling me from the drinks cabinet, enjoy the Saturday Jags 

What a very pleasant surprise!  Left the house when 1-1 and was half expecting us to ship a goal or two towards the end.  Came home and POW!

Don't want to tempt providence, but this is surely a big step towards safety, and if we can beat Falkirk then perhaps we can begin to relax a bit.

Credit where credit is due......

Today I wore my John Lambie testimonial t-shirt (overprinted with Chic Charnley's Thistle Bar logo) or maybe it was Lady Skwerr's new Thistle earrings that did it for us.

But, really, huge congratulations to the players and management fora great effort today.

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

We were pummelled in that game. That said we had some great chances. Luck was on our side for once but what a finish to the game. Brilliant 

We may may have been pummelled but Utd didn’t have any clear cut chances that I remember - we had two others in the 2nd half. Wee McDonald clean through and  Fitzpatrick when he shot instead of passing to an unmarked Mansell

Firtzy showed great composure for such a young lad but also had the chance to square to the unmarked Mansell for a tap in 5 mins before he scored. Anyway he’s only 17 and all’s well that ends well.

Thought McDonald was excellent, a goal, a constant pest to the Utd defence, should’ve had a penalty, and strong in holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

We need to work on improving our delivery into the box, quite wasteful and could maybe have finished off a poor Utd team earlier. A victory at Falkirk would be huge. 

Absolutely buzzing ,really forgot what that feels like! I was fuming at fitzy for not squaring the pass a few minutes previous to the goal but not as much as Anderson though thought he was going to give fitzy the belt the way he came screaming at him. All is forgiven though on that one fitzy. McDonald was outstanding ,reminded us of all the reason why we hated him against us and why we love him now! Special mention also to Saunders who I thought was outstanding again. Mansell excellent set up for the goal. Christie ,Anderson and Penrice all solid and impressive. Slater gave great effort but not his best game ,can let him off though. Thought Spittal same as against hearts was super quiet today. Cardle great while he lasted too. Absolute scenes at that winner. COME ON THE JAGS!

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Thought we were going to be the only team ever to score a last minute winner and end up drawing. Great pass by Mansell and great finish by Fitzpatrick for the winner. McDonald was a handful all day, should have scored just after half time and he should have also been given a penalty. Great result, lets hope this is the start of another good run of results. Hazard really needs to work on his kicking. Pulled of a good double save.

Liking all of this. McDonald was absolutely awesome today. A lesson in the role of a striker. His rep seems to go against him though cos he'd several clear fouls against him that went unpunished. That said the ref today was very poor

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

So what was the formation in the end?

5 3 1 1 for much of the match but that was cos we were getting pulled about in the middle for periods of the game

1 hour ago, P-R said:

Typical Thistle, score a last minute winner and then saved from an equalizer in injury time by an offside call:frantic:

I do hope that is very tounge in cheek

1 hour ago, admin said:

Your style of posting provokes a reaction. 

The 'unnecessary abuse' that has been reported has been deleted. Maybe take your own advice and chill. Didn't expect to deal with this kind of nonsense after a great win. 

Like I said, chill brother, enjoy the win 

• Like 1