Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

45 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok ....one more game and if we don’t win drastic action required....replacing the manager woukd give someone six games to keep us up .....

Unfortunately I don't see him getting sacked no matter where we finish. In fact I can see us having him as manager next season, even if we are in league 1. After he impresses the board with his power point display  on how he will get us promoted back to the Championship.

3 hours ago, sandy said:

So, anyone still think Caldwell is the answer? I never have and never will after that team selection last night. Appalling.

I really fear for our Club now.

At 7.04 last night, I was thinking that he should be given some funds to bring in more players in the summer having got us safe and earned another season to build his own team and aim for promotion. By 7.34, I started wondering who could be brought in during the summer to get us back into the Championship.

Time for our Chairman to be brave. Sack Caldwell now, put Dools in temporary charge for rest of the season.

As it stands, GC is taking us down with his poor team selections & negative tactics. Dools might just galvanise us to survive. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sandy said:

Time for our Chairman to be brave. Sack Caldwell now, put Dools in temporary charge for rest of the season.

As it stands, GC is taking us down with his poor team selections & negative tactics. Dools might just galvanise us to survive. 

Whilst Dools is completely unproven as a manager, Caldwell is proven to be a sham of a manager.

we cannot bring in new players and no proven manager would take the job now, we need someone to galvanize us, someone we can get behind, someone we believe in as a person that feels the pain we do.

That person is Doolan, but it needs to be done in such a way that he can return to his coaching role even if he can’t save us this season 

Agree with you Norge , need someone to galvanise the Club, don’t think it’ll happen though and if Gary Caldwell is still in charge next year Kris Doolan won’t be at Firhill next season

How the club will spin that one will be interesting

• Like 1

Irrespective of whether we now stay up or not he has to go in the summer. The dye is cast and Caldwell is an irredeemable failure. His arrogance seems to be the most glaring feature of his management, and it’ll be because of that his managerial career will be absolutely over after he leaves us. 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Whilst Dools is completely unproven as a manager, Caldwell is proven to be a sham of a manager.

we cannot bring in new players and no proven manager would take the job now, we need someone to galvanize us, someone we can get behind, someone we believe in as a person that feels the pain we do.

That person is Doolan, but it needs to be done in such a way that he can return to his coaching role even if he can’t save us this season 

Ran out of likes. 2 spot on posts.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Irrespective of whether we now stay up or not he has to go in the summer. The dye is cast and Caldwell is an irredeemable failure. His arrogance seems to be the most glaring feature of his management, and it’ll be because of that his managerial career will be absolutely over after he leaves us. 

When Caldwell leaves us. He will apply for other jobs, do a power point presentation, promise he can get whatever club it is he will get them promoted and say he didn't get the proper backing at Firhill to match his ambitions. My only worry is what state our club will be in by the time he leaves.

4 hours ago, Big Col said:

Interesting that none of the Caldwell cheerleaders have appeared today telling us to get right behind the manager and support him, have faith and all will be fine. I suspect reality has now kicked in for all Thistle fans.

No.

2 of his fan bois disappeared after the Ross County surrender and the Arabs game, never to be seen or heard of again. The other was skulking about muttering about the 'bile' that was flowing. Interesting, and entirely in character that he chose to get a dig in at his fellow  fans rather than say anything particularly  critical of the manager.

He'll be on soon enough telling us (again) that relegation is 'pure speculation'.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, stuart_adam said:

Interesting if you look at Caldwell's tenure - 

With Archibald's players he got 5 points from 30 available. - Alan himself took 9 from 24 points (so from August to December 31st with Archie's signing we took 14 points from 54 available)

Since January and making his signings he's taken 15 points from 27 available. (Thats 1 more point we have taken from half the amount of games)

Obviously the problem is that overall thats 20 points from a possible 57 which is still relegation form, even with the upturn in form since January. (GC's total)

If  we win on Friday against Inverness I would reckon we have a good chance of staying up. Lose however and its going to be a real relegation scrap. 

If he keeps us up, I'd like to see Caldwell given a chance next season. If not then he should leave. Simple.

I was with you until the last paragraph. If we have any chance of staying up he has to go and go now. He is stifling creativity and between archie and him, the defence is a bomb scare.

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Unfortunately I don't see him getting sacked no matter where we finish. In fact I can see us having him as manager next season, even if we are in league 1. After he impresses the board with his power point display  on how he will get us promoted back to the Championship.

I sure hope you are joking AJ.

I am still going through habit and a blind loyalty which WILL NOT be extended to next season if we get relegated again and the incompetent is still in charge.

Jlow and Caldwell need to go before they kill our club. We might never survive or recover from another relegation.

5 hours ago, Big Col said:

Caldwell - get out of our club.

Kerr - get out of our club.

Britton - get out of our club.

Low - get out of our club.

Yes

Yes

Yes

and Yes

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

When Caldwell leaves us. He will apply for other jobs, do a power point presentation, promise he can get whatever club it is he will get them promoted and say he didn't get the proper backing at Firhill to match his ambitions. My only worry is what state our club will be in by the time he leaves.

You mean there is another inept board chairperson, chief exec as gullable as ours that will fall for his p1sh?

Best case scenario I can see is: with a bit of luck Alloa will get relegated along with us and their big day in the sun will be over;  Shankland will be flogged off and Ayr's decline will continue; we will then have Jim Goodwin or Bunter to choose from to lead us out of League One into the Championship.

Worst case scenarios is, Clyde get promoted and pump us something awful in the League One  'Glasgow' derbies next season. On the bright side, it's only a short trip to Broadwood.

• admin locked this topic