Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

Wigan - Relegated - Sacked.

Chesterfield - Relegated - Sacked - blames the Board.

PTFC - Relegation Zone - 3 times the budget of Ayr - blames the players.

Some 'facts' for the Gradgrinds there.

Anybody see a pattern? I think I see two.

A windbag and a tosser, a Big-Time Charlie who is a small-time serial loser.

I think I know how the pattern continues.

52 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

You can accept that promotion was never going to happen and it was the club’s fault for laying that on Caldwell as an expectation. But you can also simultaneously accept that going into the last game of the season fighting for our survival is an utterly abject failure, and one that Caldwell has to take huge responsibility for - something he has shown zero evidence of ever doing in his entire managerial career, never mind his time with us. 

The season didn’t start in January, and our squad was (obvious diddies notwithstanding) absolutely not so bad as to explain away the atrocious form before then. 

This is nothing to do with not being Archie - Archie had to go. It’s also nothing to do with not being a club legend as has been suggested elsewhere in this thread - I literally wouldn’t care if he had never heard of us before. But it’s got everything to do with the fact that he took over in October, and we are now - with one game to play - staring head on at relegation/a play off. He’s failed. He should go regardless of what happens on Saturday. 

43 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

That's a really good point about GC being here from October. I tend to forget that, given that things have improved since January. I think I'm traumatised by that run of games from October to December. That's almost an entire season and it's just not good enough to be where we are.

These are facts. Can't deny what stares you in the face. Still out of likes.

6 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I hope you are wrong but fear next weekend you'll be proven right. I can't believe we are in this position given all the signs there have been for 9 months in this division. Continue the way we are then we'll be in the wilderness for a good few years to come.

Forgot to add that your facts as above are undeniable no matter what caldwellites say or what spin is put on it. 

For balance, and in real danger if repeating myself, he does keep getting the odd result and performance out of this team that puts doubt in my mind that he might not be the incompetent I believe him to be, then a performance like Saturday comes along and undoes all the good karma.

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

These are facts. Can't deny what stares you in the face. Still out of likes.

OK. So it was just me who didn't see Caldwell substitute Doolan yesterday? As I said, I'm not a fan but no-one needs to make things up just to prove a point!

He was meant to be at the POTY event last night. Lady hosting the event said he went home to be with his family. Kerr spoke instead. I was only half listening, but if I remember right the just of it was. We are all disappointed how the season has went, we will get the result required next week. Take stock over the close season and come back stronger next season.

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

We can probably do without calling him a tosser, to be honest. He’s been a not very successful manager but the personal stuff is a bit OTT and just detracts from focusing on his record. 

Lets hope he can break his record for getting teams relegated and we stay up this season. Over the close season him and the chairman should have a meeting setting out realistic targets. Which as far as I am concerned is we should be a top 4 team. His performance during the season should be monitored and if we have a run like the first 10 games of his tenure he should be sacked. I think we will stay up, not because I am confident we will get the required result in Dumfries, but because although Ayr will play a weakened team I think Alloa will get a draw at best.

The board are as equally complicit as the manager in this utter farce. At least the Falkirk fans had the good sense to protest the state of their club. We seem to still be in utter denial about the whole thing. 

A complete purge of the playing staff, management, and board is the only way to revive the fans from utter apathy. My advice to my fellow fans would to actually be angry about the state of your club. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, scotty said:

OK. So it was just me who didn't see Caldwell substitute Doolan yesterday? As I said, I'm not a fan but no-one needs to make things up just to prove a point!

Fecksake, you never missed anything or forgotten anything.

Honest mistakes does not = lying or making things up. The main point still remains. Storey stayed on and up front and in my opinion, storey is p1ss poor, doolan isn't p1ss poor he's off form.

Doolan has been an awesome player for us and his goals for prove it.

Storey, I'm sure he's a lovely chap and everything but he's a complete waste of a wage and starting slot. His goals for, or lack of them proves this point. Fact

52 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

He was meant to be at the POTY event last night. Lady hosting the event said he went home to be with his family. Kerr spoke instead. I was only half listening, but if I remember right the just of it was. We are all disappointed how the season has went, we will get the result required next week. Take stock over the close season and come back stronger next season.

So he's still living in Manchester then. Dunno how the affects his role but can't be easy. I commuted Glasgow to Dundee for 6 months, that was bad enough..............and affected my sense of fashion no end

9 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

The board are as equally complicit as the manager in this utter farce. At least the Falkirk fans had the good sense to protest the state of their club. We seem to still be in utter denial about the whole thing. 

A complete purge of the playing staff, management, and board is the only way to revive the fans from utter apathy. My advice to my fellow fans would to actually be angry about the state of your club. 

Agreed. I've posted similer in the past y&r, the apathy was tangible, even on here. When I were a lad the aged boys would've been protesting like maddie's. Donno why as a collective fan base we have become so accepting and apathetic.

39 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

We can probably do without calling him a tosser, to be honest. He’s been a not very successful manager but the personal stuff is a bit OTT and just detracts from focusing on his record. 

Agree Kemo, but its evidence, were it needed, that semi is as frustrated as the rest of us and on that basis don't think too badly of him/us

I don't have any problem with anyone shredding Caldwell as a manager. But the personal stuff no matter the frustration is not required. Plenty of room on pie n bovril for that bile. On another note I see some are predicting a defeat against QOS...why? Their record is shocking of late. Perhaps being away from home might actually suit us?

35 minutes ago, JeanieD said:

Auld Jag above is probably correct and I hope I am not mis-representing his comment in agreeing that our fate will more likely be decided at Somerset Park than it will at Palmerston!

This is indeed what I meant Jeanie D. It is still in our own hands as it was yesterday and that didn't go to well. 

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I unreservedly withdraw the word 'tosser', and substitute the term 'Onanite'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I don't have any problem with anyone shredding Caldwell as a manager. But the personal stuff no matter the frustration is not required. Plenty of room on pie n bovril for that bile. On another note I see some are predicting a defeat against QOS...why? Their record is shocking of late. Perhaps being away from home might actually suit us?

I understand what you say about QoS recent form, but how can it be that a team playing at home with a reasonable crowd behind them, [and their girlfriends, wives and kids in the stand] playing against a team that rested 4 or 5 of their first team, still be comprehensively out thought and out played for 3/4 of the match?

I think there is every chance Queens will win on Saturday, there is a lot at stake for QoS, it's their centenary year, last game of the season at home in front of their fans so you would expect a team to turn up? [didn't happen yesterday for PTFC of course]

Thistle now have lost that all important momentum, my feeling is we will field a team to earn a draw.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Lets hope he can break his record for getting teams relegated and we stay up this season. Over the close season him and the chairman should have a meeting setting out realistic targets. Which as far as I am concerned is we should be a top 4 team. His performance during the season should be monitored and if we have a run like the first 10 games of his tenure he should be sacked. I think we will stay up, not because I am confident we will get the required result in Dumfries, but because although Ayr will play a weakened team I think Alloa will get a draw at best.

I actually think both games will be draws with many soiled underpants as a result.

The interview back in October...

GC “this is the worst team ever. I won’t be able to do anything with them until I sign 10 players in January. Then we’ll go into the last game of the season trying to avoid 9th spot”.

JL “sounds great Gary. When can you start?”.

On the basis that didn’t happen then surely he has to go? 

Hopefully we get over the line on Saturday and then start looking for a better manager. 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Anybody else think that GC might go with a 5-4-1 formation at Palmerston, to finish the season with a super draw?

Yes, I asked the same question on another thread. I absolutely can see him doing that,  with Storey stuck up front on his own. 

4 hours ago, dl1971 said:

I absolutely take your point regarding prediting defeat at Palmerston on Saturday - which I have implied in my previous posting.

True - QoS have been pretty awful since February or thenabouts but they are at home, it is plastic, we are irrationally poor when it comes to grinding out results - for these reasons I fear a defeat - after all in the fixture earlier in the season all QoS had to do was to score and the outcome was pretty inevitable and I see little evidence that if they did score first again this time the result would be any different. For these reasons I am tempted to believe that the result between Alloa and Ayr could  be of greater significance to our future than our own result at Palmerston.

Play-offs - should we be involved of course - will be another matter.

• admin locked this topic