Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

16 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

To present  Wigan winning the Third Tier (having got them there) as a 'success' is : a) the fan bois really scraping the barrel now; b) like, er, presenting US winning the Third Tier next season (having got us there) as a success - which if it happens, I'm sure the fan bois, especially the Board will attempt to do.

Only a Partick Thistle fan would present winning the football league your in as failure 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If we are not relegated some on here and the board will probably say he saved us from relegation. I really do not think he is a good manager at the level we want to be at. But if he is still our manager next season,as I expect him to be no matter what league we are in, I hope he proves me wrong.

Eh.....if we are not relegated then the manager didn’t get us relegated unless your arguing not getting relegated is the same as getting relegated .....Jesus 

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

Eh.....if we are not relegated then the manager didn’t get us relegated unless your arguing not getting relegated is the same as getting relegated .....Jesus 

My point is some on this forum want to make out he is a better manager than he seems to be so far. They will make out he saved us from relegation, whereas he was brought in with 26 games to play to get us promotion.If you don't get it fine.

• Like 6

Only a Partick Thistle fan would present winning the football league your in as failure 

Been on the sherry this morning, JJ?

Given where we were when Caldwell took over, if you'd asked me at the time I'd have said:

Finishing in the top four - Very good

Finishing from 5th to 8th - Average

Finishing in the bottom two - Very poor

So I'm waiting to discover which of these categories he falls into. Personally I think you have to fall below "average" in your first season to justify getting your contract terminated early.

PS - I really don't care what he did with Wigan or Chesterfield, or what he sounds like on the radio.

Edited by allyo

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

My point is some on this forum want to make out he is a better manager than he seems to be so far. They will make out he saved us from relegation, whereas he was brought in with 26 games to play to get us promotion.If you don't get it fine.

If we don’t get relegated then factually he has saved us from being g relegated !

i like a lot of others never thought we would get promoted this year even with any manager 

42 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If we don’t get relegated then factually he has saved us from being g relegated !

i like a lot of others never thought we would get promoted this year even with any manager 

I was never sure if we would get promoted, but never expected us to be in with a chance of being in the relegation play off either. Fact is his getting only 5 points in his first 10 games helped to put us in the position we now find ourselves. No matter how well we have done since January, or we are in the top 3 in form over the last 6 games etc. The only league table that is relevant will be the one about 4-55pm this Saturday. Lets hope we are above 9th.

52 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Only a certain type of Thistle fan would argue that the manager, having dragged us to the edge to the pit, could then be described as having saved us.

If next season he 'saves us' form being relegated from League One, that will also be a success.

"War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength".

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Only a certain type of Thistle fan would argue that the manager, having dragged us to the edge to the pit, could then be described as having saved us.

If next season he 'saves us' form being relegated from League One, that will also be a success.

"War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength".

Tbf he never dragged us to the “pit” we were 8th when he was appointed.

Edited by That 1 jags fan

On 4/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, Auld Jag said:

He was meant to be at the POTY event last night. Lady hosting the event said he went home to be with his family. Kerr spoke instead. I was only half listening, but if I remember right the just of it was. We are all disappointed how the season has went, we will get the result required next week. Take stock over the close season and come back stronger next season.

Caldwell didn’t attend? That’s poor

17 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

"War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength".

Yes this

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

"War is Peace

Freedom is Slavery

Ignorance is Strength".

Your either relegated or not ... but if we’re not let’s invent another definition of relegation which means we sort of are ... even if if course we are not .... mental 

51 minutes ago, sandy said:

Caldwell didn’t attend? That’s poor

Aye shocking. How dare he spend some time with his family. He should be in the stocks after we get beat, made to listen to the forum posts being read to him on a continuous loop of windbaggerry.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Gerry Britton on STV news tonight saying we have a good launch pad to go and do well next season. Highlighting we have improved since January. Lets hope he is right.

I to hope that he is right but suspect that he is kidding himself,according to our board we were set up to go straight back up.now we are on a launch pad.I tend to be a half glass full sort of guy,but getting fed up with the nonsense that our board keep feeding us,not bad people,just not very good at running PTFC.

6 hours ago, allyo said:

Given where we were when Caldwell took over, if you'd asked me at the time I'd have said:

Finishing in the top four - Very good

Finishing from 5th to 8th - Average

Finishing in the bottom two - Very poor

So I'm waiting to discover which of these categories he falls into. Personally I think you have to fall below "average" in your first season to justify getting your contract terminated early.

Personally I think you should look on Thistle results and performances every bit as much, if not more, than final league position. Just my impression but results outside of our control have been more unpredictable than in a normal league campaign. Even on Saturday a single goal scored by us as opposed to a single goal lost could mean the difference between 5th and 9th place. My opinion would be more in line with the fact our league status is still not secure after 35 fixtures. Can't do the arithmetic but I'm sure the chance of a 4th place finish hasn't been creditably possible for quite a while.

• Administrators

Can you please not share what is obviously intended to be an internal communication. 

An internal communication should remain so no matter how absurd you might think it is. 

Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, admin said:

Can you please not share what is obviously intended to be an internal communication. 

An internal communication should remain so no matter how absurd you might think it is. 

Thanks. 

Why ?   It’s all over Facebook 

its a total embarrassment 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Thanks. 

Admin this is already in the public realm, I have had a version of the screenshot sent to me from a coach at a Premiership team, it’s doing the rounds not only in forums but also in dressing rooms around the country.

This (I believed) was a forum to discuss how we believe the club is playing, performing, being run and being managed. That message shows exactly how the club is being managed going into one of the most important games in years, more importantly it shows player(s) are shocked at this so have shared it, and shared it widely. 

• Like 1

• admin locked this topic