Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

We’re (or the club) are missing a trick here, instead of asking the players charge rich football fans.

”Be a Football Manager” pick the team, sit in the dugout, give a team talk and perform a Jagszone interview, all for £100k (+VAT) which includes club tie, managers coat plus chewing gum.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Admin this is already in the public realm, I have had a version of the screenshot sent to me from a coach at a Premiership team, it’s doing the rounds not only in forums but also in dressing rooms around the country.

This (I believed) was a forum to discuss how we believe the club is playing, performing, being run and being managed. That message shows exactly how the club is being managed going into one of the most important games in years, more importantly it shows player(s) are shocked at this so have shared it, and shared it widely. 

My final word on the subject. 

It's out there now and I can't arsed spending my free time deleting it when it comes up here.  So knock yourselves out. 

Personally I think the content of the message is actually irrelevant though I'm unsure what the purpose of the exercise is. 

An internal communication I feel should remain so.  An extension of 'what is said in the dressing room should remain in the dressing room' if you like. 

We have a massive game on Saturday and who knows maybe another 4 after that. I'm angered that ahead of that a player or member of staff has chosen to undermine his manager in the fashion they have. 

It's hardly uncommon for a player to not like, to not rate their manager.  And they may be right to do so. 

For me this isn't about what the management were trying to do or whether Gary Caldwell is a good manager or not. It's an issue of trust. You don't shaft your manager in that way no matter what you think of him. And you certainly don't do it before such an important game.  I desperately want us to win that game and this, IMO, doesn't remotely help. 

I'm sorry my decision to initially delete the post caused anger. It was done with the best of intent. 

It's probably best that this page finds someone else to provide Admin support

I don't have the time or inclination to get drawn into these things. 

Can we not just get the players to choose the team every week and cut out the middle man(agement)?

We could spend the money on vegan sausage rolls and a new suit for Kingsley.

Heck, why not just get Kingsley to manage the team? It might even sell more season tickets, who knows?

49 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Admin this is already in the public realm, I have had a version of the screenshot sent to me from a coach at a Premiership team, it’s doing the rounds not only in forums but also in dressing rooms around the country.

This (I believed) was a forum to discuss how we believe the club is playing, performing, being run and being managed. That message shows exactly how the club is being managed going into one of the most important games in years, more importantly it shows player(s) are shocked at this so have shared it, and shared it widely. 

I've been away for a few days and have missed this. I'm not on Facebook. Can you tell me what this is all about and where I can see this internal memo? I promise not to share it

8 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

I've been away for a few days and have missed this. I'm not on Facebook. Can you tell me what this is all about and where I can see this internal memo? I promise not to share it

You’ll get it on pie and bovril since our admin guy deems it not suitable  in the interests of our supporters .

Kinda sums up the management of Gary Caldwell in a nutshell.  This imposter has to go whether we stay up or not .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

You’ll get it on pie and bovril since our admin guy deems it not suitable  in the interests of our supporters .

Kinda sums up the management of Gary Caldwell in a nutshell.  This imposter has to go whether we stay up or not .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Thanks jls. I'm not on pie and bovril but will try

I've just been down to the post office; got caldo some travellers' cheques (up to the value of £2.50).  Anyone want to chip in for the one way flight to Sierra Leone? Reckon those SAS skills might finally come in handy.

2 minutes ago, dali said:

image.png.862268a4475543ac3e359023930129ac.png

Speechless. Dunno what to make of this. At first I thought, is this what all the hooha is about. Then after a few minutes you get the chance to absorb it and realise this is one of the most divisive things I've ever seen. Is this designed to have the players at each others throats? Who thought this might be a great idea to motivate and encourage the players. Blinking flip

10 minutes ago, Knightswood Jag said:

Ally, Ally Roy...

Not the name I’ve been told & I would trust the person who gave my the name.

Shambolic again from the club. 

Everyone from the Boardroom & chief executive to the multimedia staff & football management team can go come 5pm on Saturday. 

If we get the necessary result no one will care. Football is a poisonous dog eat dog world. Maybe this approach has worked for other managers in the past? Maybe it is desperate. We are in a desperate one of game. As for listening to ally Roy if he was the leak....really? He's had Pelters on here.

Edited by dl1971
Typo

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Speechless. Dunno what to make of this. At first I thought, is this what all the hooha is about. Then after a few minutes you get the chance to absorb it and realise this is one of the most divisive things I've ever seen. Is this designed to have the players at each others throats? Who thought this might be a great idea to motivate and encourage the players. Blinking flip

If there ever was a time that we should have a togetherness it’s this Saturday , you should want to bust a gut for PTFC , the supporters and your team mates . I believe it’s one of the most defining games in our history , the financial implications alone if we were relegated would be horrendous.

Unfortunately Gary Caldwell has went to the David Brent school of management, this isn’t going to foster a team spirit .

Agree to disagree @dl1971 , pretty toxic way of man management IMHO - basically a popularity contest to choose a team on Saturday and a massive shirking of any kind of responsibility.  The Louis Walsh of our times (and everyone knows what happened the boys in that particular clique).  What good can come out of this type of exercise?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If there ever was a time that we should have a togetherness it’s this Saturday , you should want to bust a gut for PTFC , the supporters and your team mates . I believe it’s one of the most defining games in our history , the financial implications alone if we were relegated would be horrendous.

Unfortunately Gary Caldwell has went to the David Brent school of management, this isn’t going to foster a team spirit .

It is possible this was supposed to be a tactic to engender togetherness. Surely they would've done this intentionally to disrupt team spirit? It's crass, stupid and at best ill judged.

Why is it from Kerr and not Caldwell

• admin locked this topic