Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

5 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I agree with what you say, but again this to me is more of the 'emphasise the positives' language. His team [since the signings deadline] has performed well, that I think is what he is saying.

Unfortunately he is not the sort of person to do the hands-up, I fecked up admission. I also agree he does not come across as being the most open, honest and full of integrity type of person.

In 3 hours from now we will see if GC's team selection and tactics leading up to this game have worked.

Wouldn't it be nice to put 3 past this lot?

You got your 3 ARu, happy days

9 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Have a great day muirparkman. Roads are ok so far if you're going by road. As you say, mon the jags

Had a great day mate. The save at 2-0 was outstanding, the choir were in good voice and the goals sublime. Just got home from best day out in a long time.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Certain people owe Mansell and Caldwell an apology 

Not at all. I will acknowledge of course that Mansell was far better than previous. He is still too light weight and is easily pushed off the ball but he won more headers/flick one's in the first half than all his games previously, together and his finish was first class.

For Caldwell? Got team and tactics dead right. Subs were neither here nor there. He did an all round top job with his team today. Many times since Christmas he did that then changed it the following week, complicating things too often, but on today's evidence this is a good team, capable of being a great team. Do I now, on the basis of one game think Calfwell is the guy to turn a good performance into a great consistent team? Jury still out for me but I am certainly more excited for next season than at 3pm today. Happy tonight and that is all that matters.

3 minutes ago, muirparkman said:

Had a great day mate. The save at 2-0 was outstanding, the choir were in good voice and the goals sublime. Just got home from best day out in a long time.

Me too. Didn't like seeing the two smoke bombs bit, but us the fans turned out in force and helped create a great atmosphere. If only it had been like that all season.......

Compare last week to this week and its chalk and cheese. I guess Caldwell is still very much learning his job and on evidence of tactics and performance probably deserves next season and the plaudits he gets this evening. He still talks and behaves like a complete toss bag but if he can do every week what he did today I'll happily change my mind. Have a great close season

11 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Not at all. I will acknowledge of course that Mansell was far better than previous. He is still too light weight and is easily pushed off the ball but he won more headers/flick one's in the first half than all his games previously, together and his finish was first class.

For Caldwell? Got team and tactics dead right. Subs were neither here nor there. He did an all round top job with his team today. Many times since Christmas he did that then changed it the following week, complicating things too often, but on today's evidence this is a good team, capable of being a great team. Do I now, on the basis of one game think Calfwell is the guy to turn a good performance into a great consistent team? Jury still out for me but I am certainly more excited for next season than at 3pm today. Happy tonight and that is all that matters.

For me, if we had also managed a decent performance and result last week, we would have had a really good feeling going into next season. We have finished in a high, but it seems that we have no consistency which concerns me.

We have been very inconsistent! But Archie had all summer to bring players in and look who we ended up with. 

Caldwell had to punt half a team and bring replacements in.(less than half the time Archie had) I don't particularly like Caldwell but he deserves the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

He can start his preparations for next season now and next season there's no excuses.

Edited by Thistle88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

This. The only people that owe anyone an apology are the fans who here who throw abuse at other fans who have a different opinion. Continually calling Jags fans pr*cks or w*nkers is childish.

Some people on this are absolutely ******* deluded to think any other manager that we could actually afford would have done a much better job than Caldwell has.

The squad was an absolute riot.

All comes down to the fact that he isn't very likeable. It's the same people calling people Archie fan boys Caldwell fan boys it's just ridiculous.

Caldwell is a bit of a knob but unless one of you can talk the weirs into pumping millions into the club, then I would go have a bit of a reality check. 

Think we are forgetting bigger clubs than our own found this leauge far harder than they thought it would be with probably 3 times the budget we have.

Edited by Thistle88

13 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

For me, if we had also managed a decent performance and result last week, we would have had a really good feeling going into next season. We have finished in a high, but it seems that we have no consistency which concerns me.

I share that concern lenziejag but tonight feel just lovely. So happy for us all. It's been such a hard hurtful last 2 seasons and although 1 game does not a season make, it means us staying up. I don't even want to think what might have become of us if we'd gone down again. So we can take stock over the close seaso. Post some p1sh when we are bored and come 1st week of July get right up for the new season.

As the famous Kevin Costner line says "if you build it they will come".......we certainly did today. 2400 jags fans the head steward told me. (Bit of jiggery pokey by qos saying just 1500), so IF Caldwell builds it, the fans will come. God I love our club

Edited by Guest
Spooling

47 minutes ago, sandy said:

This. The only people that owe anyone an apology are the fans who here who throw abuse at other fans who have a different opinion. Continually calling Jags fans pr*cks or w*nkers is childish.

Here here. Let's all hug, big happy jaggy family tonight. Have a great close season sandy, see you in the new season sir

1 hour ago, sandy said:

100 pc agree. Also worth mentioning that those fans who indulge in condescending chiding uber intellectual claptrap might want to give their brain a wee rest. Oh and a bit of humility won't go amiss....ironic since that barb has been directed at Caldwell  countless times.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Or Munter?  Or does that not count because it was your pal who said it?

i haven’t exactly been a saint on here but you are hardly mr innocent either 

5 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Did you call  mansell  nigel ? Did you say he had never scored in the past two seasons ? Did you have fun at mansells  expense ? If not my post wasn’t directed at you ..., the other guys are uncharacteristicly quiet .,,,

Edited by javeajag

2 hours ago, sandy said:

Given the abuse and fun you poked at mansell before the game... you are a complete embarrassment 

7 hours ago, javeajag said:

Given the abuse and fun you poked at mansell before the game... you are a complete embarrassment 

I’ll gladly have you point out to the posts I swore at others or ‘abused’ any player. Till then, away with your fake news! You just don’t like anyone who doesn’t agree with your opinions on football or life...

9 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Here here. Let's all hug, big happy jaggy family tonight. Have a great close season sandy, see you in the new season sir

Hope so ThistleBeRight, you are sound as a pound.

5 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It’s truly heads gone territory when “Nigel” is the most objected to “insult” used on this thread?

Aye, some people seem to have lost their sense of humour and perspective. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sandy said:

Aye, some people seem to have lost their sense of humour and perspective. 

I guess you would have picked mansell yesterday then ?  Eh no but you were happy to poke fun at him on Friday ... 

All  I suggested is you apologise for getting it wrong 

23 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I guess you would have picked mansell yesterday then ?  Eh no but you were happy to poke fun at him on Friday ... 

All  I suggested is you apologise for getting it wrong 

Getting what wrong? You need to get out and get some fresh air today mate. It will do you good 

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Did you call  mansell  nigel ? Did you say he had never scored in the past two seasons ? Did you have fun at mansells  expense ? If not my post wasn’t directed at you ..., the other guys are uncharacteristicly quiet .,,,

No, no and no but I have made comment that he lacks positional sense and was weak on the ball. He showed touches yesterday and a sublime finish that suggests he might be worth investing time in. Offered an out ball when needed, some lovely head flicks on and held the ball well.

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Getting what wrong? You need to get out and get some fresh air today mate. It will do you good 

You stated constantly that Caldwell had not improved the team. You constantly said that when we were below 8th....the position we were in when Archie was sacked. So now that we are 6th can you now admit that Caldwell has improved the team? Secondly you called for him to be sacked on an almost weekly basis from October to ahem this week. You got that wrong a tad or are you still right?

5 hours ago, dl1971 said:

You stated constantly that Caldwell had not improved the team. You constantly said that when we were below 8th....the position we were in when Archie was sacked. So now that we are 6th can you now admit that Caldwell has improved the team? Secondly you called for him to be sacked on an almost weekly basis from October to ahem this week. You got that wrong a tad or are you still right?

Weekly basis? The way he went on about him it was almost hourly :lol:

• admin locked this topic