Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

7 hours ago, sandy said:

Caldwell’s first game in charge was a 1-0 loss to Alloa. It would be fearful symmetry if his last game in charge was a defeat to Alloa tomorrow. 

If we do anything but get 3 points at Firhill, the Board need to have the cojones to say enough is enough tomorrow evening. 

Doolan & Skippy as interim management team would then have 3 games, with a player morale bounce, to pull us out of the mire. We’d then have the summer to appoint a new manager and re-build the 2019/20 squad around Banzo, Fitzy & Sneddon. 

Fearful symmetry indeed Mr Blake, this useless erse has certainly  'twisted the sinews of our hearts'.

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

The clowns latest interview yet again says the league position is irrelevant. Admittedly as he says, if we win all four games we will stay up, but he really is a footballing arse.

He’s a ‘heid the baw’ too

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Much as I'd like him, why on earth would Goodwin want to come to thistle even if we do survive ? I would expect him to have his sights on a decent Premier League side or down south.

Sad to say, but no matter what happens, I am expecting GC to be in charge at the start of next season.

Well if that’s the case, the club can whistle for my season ticket money. They’ve had 18 years out of me, but this season has been an absolute piss take. And I know I’m not alone in that sentiment.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Well if that’s the case, the club can whistle for my season ticket money. They’ve had 18 years out of me, but this season has been an absolute piss take. And I know I’m not alone in that sentiment.

Have been following Thistle for 60 years, and am also a season ticket holder who will not be renewing if this clown is still in charge. 

9 minutes ago, BILL.H said:

Have been following Thistle for 60 years, and am also a season ticket holder who will not be renewing if this clown is still in charge. 

I, too, am 60 plus years and I, too, wil not be renewing. The last 20-odd months have been far too depressing...

this isn't a massive 7 days for caldwell.

this is a massive 7 days for our club partick thistle

directors, managers and players come and go, but we the fans will be at firhill (albeit in dwindling numbers) following our team 

we have been subjected to a load of dross over the past 2 seasons, this cannot and must not be allowed to persist

relegation, or if we do manage to stay in this league the manager must  go

enough is enough

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hankey said:

What a total ******* **** @sandy is. Arsepiece WANTS us to lose so, but will never admit it. Absolute goon.

And where has he said he wants us to lose? Does he go to Firhill and cheer on the opposition? I wouldn't think so. People like yourself need to see that every supporter has a right to be heard, it's called having an opinion, and not to resort to the kind of language you put on here. It just shows how base you obviously are.

So giving Caldwell an assessment from January when he could change one of the one worst squads ever seen at firhill his record is now

P 14    W 6     L4    D 5.    Pts  23

not spectacular but mid table mediocrity which is where were going to be anyway imo and an improvement on pre Christmas 

And recent form is ok

Scottish Championship Current Form Table

Last Result: 20-Apr

Scottish Championship Form (Last 6)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 6 
1 Dundee Utd 6 4 1 1 9 5 4 13
WWLDWW
2 Alloa 6 4 0 2 9 7 2 12
LWWWWL
3 Ross County 6 3 2 1 7 4 3 11
LWDWdW
4 Partick Thistle 6 2 3 1 9 6 3 9
DLWDdW
5 Queen of Sth 6 2 2 2 6 6 0 8
WDDLLW
6 Inverness CT 6 2 2 2 7 8 -1 8
WdLWDL
7 Ayr 6 2 1 3 5 7 -2 7
WDLWLL
8 Morton 6 1 3 2 7 9 -2 6
LDDLDW
9 Falkirk 6 1 3 2 4 6 -2 6
DdDLWL
10 Dunfermline 6 0 1 5 3 8 -5 1
LLDLLL
Edited by javeajag

Caldwell does not get simply to pretend that everything before Christmas didn’t happen.

He was recruited to get us into the promotion slots *knowing what squad we had at the time*.

He inherited a team in 8th and he’s currently in 9th. Those are the facts against which he should be judged.

Is the relative momentum since Christmas a good thing? Absolutely. But I also blame Caldwell for the utter abject failure until then.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:
And recent form is ok

Scottish Championship Current Form Table

Last Result: 20-Apr

Scottish Championship Form (Last 6)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts Last 6 
1 Dundee Utd 6 4 1 1 9 5 4 13
WWLDWW
2 Alloa 6 4 0 2 9 7 2 12
LWWWWL
3 Ross County 6 3 2 1 7 4 3 11
LWDWdW
4 Partick Thistle 6 2 3 1 9 6 3 9
DLWDdW
5 Queen of Sth 6 2 2 2 6 6 0 8
WDDLLW
6 Inverness CT 6 2 2 2 7 8 -1 8
WdLWDL
7 Ayr 6 2 1 3 5 7 -2 7
WDLWLL
8 Morton 6 1 3 2 7 9 -2 6
LDDLDW
9 Falkirk 6 1 3 2 4 6 -2 6
DdDLWL
10 Dunfermline 6 0 1 5 3 8 -5 1
LLDLLL

Ah but tables don’t matter, GC said ;)

9 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Caldwell does not get simply to pretend that everything before Christmas didn’t happen.

He was recruited to get us into the promotion slots *knowing what squad we had at the time*.

He inherited a team in 8th and he’s currently in 9th. Those are the facts against which he should be judged.

Is the relative momentum since Christmas a good thing? Absolutely. But I also blame Caldwell for the utter abject failure until then.

this.

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

And where has he said he wants us to lose? Does he go to Firhill and cheer on the opposition? I wouldn't think so. People like yourself need to see that every supporter has a right to be heard, it's called having an opinion, and not to resort to the kind of language you put on here. It just shows how base you obviously are.

Cheers GRE, I was at Firhill celebrating a precious 3 points. Hankey knows little.

What Woodstock says above...

It’s delusional to believe the board hired Caldwell to get us 9th with 3 games to go!

If we survive we’re going to see some airbrushing and revised history from some folk on here, and the board themselves. 

To say that AA left us with the “worst squad ever” is at best a matter of opinion but is a convenient cover up for Caldwell’s inability to do anything with it. And yes I believed AA should have gone sooner so I’m not making excuses for him.

Caldwell should be fired at the end of the season for failing to inject life into a group of players, various examples of wrong tactics and team selection and having us 9th today. He gives the impression of someone who is on an extended job experience scheme. Yes we improved from January but to say that anything that happened before then wasn’t his responsibility belies whatever he told the board when he was interviewed. On balance he’s failed.

But if we survive the board probably won’t sack him. Because they can’t afford to pay him off and because they don’t want to be seen to have picked the wrong guy.

they will pass up the opportunity to get McCall, Lennon or Goodwin and IMO Caldwell will fail to mount a serious challenge next season and be gone before January.  And the board will have repeated the same mistake they made with AA.

of course I genuinely hope I’m wrong. I want us to win every game we play (just in case I too I’m accused of not wanting the best for club I’ve supported for 49 seasons).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Where has he tried to do that ? I was just indicating we have improved since Christmas and our recent form is ok for the last few games .....projecting your own views on to others 

• admin locked this topic