Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

Since Jan 5 the team record (please note the wording) is

League P17 W8 D5 L4

Cup    P4 W2 D1 L1 

A cause for optimism? But let's proceed with caution. Perhaps the Tam O'Ware experience is a salutary tale. Happy summer to all. Especially those seeking employment.

9 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Clearly you've played at a decent level with that assessment. My point above to DP is that a good performance v hearts and v ayr and last Saturday doesn't make him a great player but also doesn't mean that I'm blind to his contribution. All of the players have contributed, obviously some more than others. I'll say it again, l don't believe any player goes out to have a bad game.

Unfortunately DP is blind to any opinions than his own.

15 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can we close this thread and use some other tool for the bitching. The next 7 days are NOT massive for Caldwell (at least in a Thistle sense)

I think this would be sensible. I also think that a discussion on if we keep Caldwell or not is now pointless. I think everyone knows who is and isn't a fan of Caldwell so going over the same ground without any new information will just cause more biterness

I'm have major doubts and don't believe that Caldwell is the answer but the fact remains that unless something unforseen happens  (Caldwell resigns or a better option becomes available) he will be the manager at the start of next season.

Season 18/19 was poor but its time to move on so the real discussion is on how the recruitment and squad develops over the summer.

• admin locked this topic