Conor Hazard

BILL.H

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

Guy's not ready for Championship football. Think Caldwell should bump him back to Celtic and concentrate on our own players.  Sneddon's the obvious choice to get experience at this level.

Sneddon's not only the obvious choice but currently the only choice we have. Don't know the terms of the loan deals but I can only see us recall Lennox in an injury crisis. He's not the answer anyway. Bell would be different in so much as he's experienced crunch games and I assume has confidence in his own ability (even if most of us don't share that).

Got a feeling Hazard will still get the nod for Saturday but any further errors or shows of flappiness then Sneddon will return for a spell regardless of Hazard's call up. Putting aside the signed player before the loan player argument Sneddon will be wondering why he's not being recalled. That in itself can't be good for his own confidence when he's continually overlooked for one who's continually making errors.

Tam Scobbie aside, Sneddon's games this season have involved playing behind inexperienced central defenders, who themselves were often woeful. In contrast Hazard has been playing mostly behind two very experienced defenders, who have been generally playing well. In addition the two keepers' distribution skills are at different ends of the spectrum. Imo the only thing keeping Jamie out as first choice is the height and size differential. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

With Bell and Lennox both out on loan, who will be the sub keeper v ICT?

Ooh ooh, Mr peevley Mr peevley..... ........ooh ooh , me, me, 

(the older amongst you'll get it)