Falkirk 16 March

eljaggo

Don't know how others felt but I thought Banzo was a bit off the pace last night. If so in a way I reckon that's quite encouraging as he should be all the fitter for Saturday. Couple that with Cardle also just about back to full fitness and the midfield should be looking a lot more solid. At East End Pk. it was almost non existent. Of course going with 3 at the back limits our midfield options, which is further reduced if McDonald plays with a striking partner.

Don't think the surface will have much bearing on team selection. Falkirk's is generally thought to be one of the least poor. At the same time a guy like Anderson being asked to play three games in eight days ( with the third on plastic) isn't exactly ideal.

Gut feeling Caldwell will play this one a tad less attack minded. I don't mean play for a draw but a point away from home to one of your chief rivals is usually considered a decent result. Besides shoring up the midfield isn't necessarily negative. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Would like to see Cardle, FItzy and Skippy start - throw everything thing but the kitchen sink at them!

For me also, this game can't come quick enough .. but then I remember I felt like that before the Ross County game!

The Kitchen Sink is a new name for Miles Storey, but it might catch on.

Certainly I agree with you that we should not deploy him against Falkirk, as I get a sinking feeling whenever Miles enters the fray, whether at the start or as a substitute.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:37 AM, Semi Nurainen said:

Would like to see Cardle, FItzy and Skippy start - throw everything thing but the kitchen sink at them!

For me also, this game can't come quick enough .. but then I remember I felt like that before the Ross County game!

OMG you've spoilt my night. I've been looking forward to this game very much and after reading your post I've realised it is the exact same feeling I had in the days leading up to the RC game.

Damn you to hell semi:thinking:

Last year we slept walked to relegation. There was a feeling that it would be alright on the night that went on up to the play offs.

I get the impression that since improved performances after new year the same mindset is creeping in.

We cannot lose tomorrow and a draw is not great. The games are running out fast and hopefully everybody at the club realises that.

The manager and players can't afford any more **** ups. They need to be at the top if their games for 90mins.

Best players need to be on the park. That means Cardle and Figzpatrick.

Football's all about opinions and  mine is that Coulibaly could still make a contribution although I don't know if there are legal problem.s or an issue with the manager cos the club wouldn't clarify either point.

Edited by Legs Like A Spider
  • Like 2

A must not lose imo.  A win would be great, draw ok. With the games we have left, if we continue to play the way we have in 2019 we should climb the table. We have 4 home games left which are all winnable. Apart from Ross County all our other away games we should expect at least a point from each of them.

8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Sorry to go against the flow, but a draw is no good in my opinion - it has to be 3 points. We’re running out of games and must win the games against the teams nearest us.

Anything less than 3 points is another step nearer the drop.

Thank you Big Col.  I agree and said as much earlier. Looks like fans are still sleepwalking. I don't see how a draw and potentially going bottom of the laegue is good at this stage. If we can't beat the team 3rd bottom I don't see how people think we are going to take points off the top 5 teams as they fight for play off places. If we can match Hearts at Tynecastle we should be beating Falkirk.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Last year we slept walked to relegation. There was a feeling that it would be alright on the night that went on up to the play offs.

I get the impression that since improved performances after new year the same mindset is creeping in.

We cannot lose tomorrow and a draw is not great. The games are running out fast and hopefully everybody at the club realises that.

The manager and players can't afford any more **** ups. They need to be at the top if their games for 90mins.

Best players need to be on the park. That means Cardle and Figzpatrick.

Football's all about opinions and  mine is that Coulibaly could still make a contribution although I don't know if there are legal problem.s or an issue with the manager cos the club wouldn't clarify either point.

Are you basing this on seeing him in the reserves or his past performances for other teams legs? I seem to remember seeing him start a game early in Caldwells reign and he was ok, just ok.

Obviously McDonald and mansell have started recently and have played well. I'd love to see coulibaly play but think at this late stage would be risky, I'd stick with our line up v DU and the hearts games, see if we can keep up the momentum.

Oops, just woke up to a lot of snow. I'm gonna be very disappointed if this game is off, 6 of us going today. If this keeps up there's going to be a lot of games off. Anyone know if falkirks plastic pitch has undersoil heating?

The roads might cause the game to be off as well..................as of 8am turning to slush in north glasgow, panic over

Edited by Guest
Update

5 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Are you basing this on seeing him in the reserves or his past performances for other teams legs? I seem to remember seeing him start a game early in Caldwells reign and he was ok, just ok.

Obviously McDonald and mansell have started recently and have played well. I'd love to see coulibaly play but think at this late stage would be risky, I'd stick with our line up v DU and the hearts games, see if we can keep up the momentum.

To be fair it's just a hunch and he did look a bit unfit and off the pace when he came on for the firsts earlier in the season.

More recentky in the reserves i think he's looked interested and seems to have a footballers brain. With better players round about him I feel he could be good.

I agree it may be too late to risk experimenting and tinkering with the team. So we'll prob never know.

Edited by Legs Like A Spider