Hall of Fame (Dools)

sandy

Anyone able to attend on Saturday? What was it like?

Mightily impressed to see Erskine in the photos with Kris. They are such good mates and Thistle through & through. Future dream management team, hopefully for the Jags in 2-3 years time :) 

37 minutes ago, sandy said:

Anyone able to attend on Saturday? What was it like?

Mightily impressed to see Erskine in the photos with Kris. They are such good mates and Thistle through & through. Future dream management team, hopefully for the Jags in 2-3 years time :) 

Is that after Caldwell goes to Celtic:D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Does anybody think that Dools will play another game for Thistle while Caldwell is the manager?

Doesn't look like it. Caldwell seems to want to give the majority of the players he signed in the January window time on the pitch. Whether they are an improvement or not.:thinking:

Edited by Auld Jag

Was at Dools night last week , it was a great night and well deserved for him to be entered into our Hall of Fame .
Spoke to one of the players there and he told me Dools was getting the same treatment that Chris Erskine got under Gary Caldwell.
Dools has been on the bench for the last 4 games and hasn’t played 1 minute of any game.’
Gary Caldwell has ripped the total fabric out of our Club letting players like Chris Erskine leave who could easily play at this level and importantly cared about the Club.
Kris Doolan hasn’t had a great season , probably the worst in 10 years which works alongside the team being so bad as well but when you see Caldwell’s team selections and substitutions with guys with limited ability like Storey and Mansell getting played before him it beggars belief.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Was at Dools night last week , it was a great night and well deserved for him to be entered into our Hall of Fame .
Spoke to one of the players there and he told me Dools was getting the same treatment that Chris Erskine got under Gary Caldwell.
Dools has been on the bench for the last 4 games and hasn’t played 1 minute of any game.’
Gary Caldwell has ripped the total fabric out of our Club letting players like Chris Erskine leave who could easily play at this level and importantly cared about the Club.
Kris Doolan hasn’t had a great season , probably the worst in 10 years which works alongside the team being so bad as well but when you see Caldwell’s team selections and substitutions with guys with limited ability like Storey and Mansell getting played before him it beggars belief.

I don't get the Dools ommision either. Yes he played poorly by his standards earlier in the season but given the chance he will score goals. Storey and Mansell simply not goalscorers. 

Dools & Erskine are better than GC will ever be; they care about Thistle. 

I suspect Caldwell only took the job to rehabilitate his reputation before moving back to a Championship Club near his home in Manchester. The only good thing to come from this sorry mess is that his career as a manager has been exposed for what it is; a sham. But sadly our Club has been dragged down in the process.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dl1971 said:

I don't get the Dools ommision either. Yes he played poorly by his standards earlier in the season but given the chance he will score goals. Storey and Mansell simply not goalscorers. 

Doolan has scored ten times more goals with his weaker foot than Mansell has touched the ball with his. Doolan has scored far more goals with his head than the times Storey has raised his to search out a teammate to pass to. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sandy said:

I suspect Caldwell only took the job to rehabilitate his reputation before moving back to a Championship Club near his home in Manchester. The only good thing to come from this sorry mess is that his career as a manager has been exposed for what it is; a sham. But sadly our Club has been dragged down in the process.

This, I believe, has 100% accuracy.

I think the first point is a given in terms of PTFC and the fans of the club, but your second is also completely on the mark!

This GC character and his brother have a high regard for themselves in football management terms, if you can remember back to when GC was appointed manager, he brother was talking up the idea of the two of them working together in the future. Not with PTFC, of course!! they would need a much higher profile club than that to apply that 'Caldwell Brothers magic'.

GC is using PTFC as a means to restoring his cr4p image / reputation in England. He thought it would be a piece of p1ss to get the club playing better than Archibald, and has now found out to his surprise that Championship football in Scotland is more competitive than he thought.

Fortunately for him, when he is bagged he will simply get on the train back down to his house in Manchester and become another SKY pundit. For him he will explain it away as we were just another club who didn't give him the funds or resources he was promised! …. the word CHARLATAN comes to mind.

7 hours ago, sandy said:

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

This, I believe, has 100% accuracy.

I think the first point is a given in terms of PTFC and the fans of the club, but your second is also completely on the mark!

This GC character and his brother have a high regard for themselves in football management terms, if you can remember back to when GC was appointed manager, he brother was talking up the idea of the two of them working together in the future. Not with PTFC, of course!! they would need a much higher profile club than that to apply that 'Caldwell Brothers magic'.

GC is using PTFC as a means to restoring his cr4p image / reputation in England. He thought it would be a piece of p1ss to get the club playing better than Archibald, and has now found out to his surprise that Championship football in Scotland is more competitive than he thought.

Fortunately for him, when he is bagged he will simply get on the train back down to his house in Manchester and become another SKY pundit. For him he will explain it away as we were just another club who didn't give him the funds or resources he was promised! …. the word CHARLATAN comes to mind.

2 spot on posts. Once he is sacked by us any club who employs him as a manager deserves the mess he will no doubt leave them in.