Time for Gerry Britton to come out of hiding

erty13

Dear Gerry

Can you please start acting like a Chief Exec and remove the poor performing members of your team. 

As a footballing person you are losing all credibility by remaining silent. Walk into the Chairman's office on Monday and tell her that if you are not allowed to dismiss Caldwell, then you will walk. 

Erty 13

2 hours ago, erty13 said:

Dear Gerry

Can you please start acting like a Chief Exec and remove the poor performing members of your team. 

As a footballing person you are losing all credibility by remaining silent. Walk into the Chairman's office on Monday and tell her that if you are not allowed to dismiss Caldwell, then you will walk. 

Totally agree with the sentiment but the time for this to happen was in December. We are now locked into Caldwell until this season is beyond doubt. The real question is who is the manager for next season?

This is where Gerry should be demanding that a) it isn't Caldwell b) he gets to choose who is the next manager c) he gets to put in place a proper recruitment strategy based around a scouting network looking at talent in lower league scottish teams

• Like 1

Just a wee defence of GB. Like AA he will get greater indulgence from us fans because of his connection with our club. Further he has been very visible at games to fans and can be seen regularly walking around the JHS before games. I'd suggest that even if he has been living like blindfolded for the past few months as a fan and a football man he'll be very much aware of how bad things are. I can only assume he has zero influence nor power to make change and who would walk away from their wage? just on a point if principle when they have Bill's to pay and a family to help support?

I don't agree we are locked into caldwell laykat. Yes we would be locked into his contract and paying his wage but here's what I'd do for what it's worth were I the chair.

I would summon Caldwell, tell him his performance was not acceptable and move him to toilet and ground cleaning duties with zero footballing input/involvement.

I would then assess, or should already know who the senior players in the team were looked up to by all of the others and give them the reins until the end of the season thus no additional cost of getting anyone else in. What do we have to lose cos we are going down otherwise

4 hours ago, erty13 said:

Dear Gerry

Erty 13

He can walk into the chairman’s office as often as he wants on Monday, she caught the plane to Tenerife today and won’t be back till Thursday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

He can walk into the chairman’s office as often as he wants on Monday, she caught the plane to Tenerife today and won’t be back till Thursday 

Anyone any idea why Jacqui Lowe would go to a high intensity training camp with a football team with the main objective is to focus and avoid relegation.

At this moment you couldn’t make up the things that are going on at our Club .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Anyone any idea why Jacqui Lowe would go to a high intensity training camp with a football team with the main objective is to focus and avoid relegation.

Maybe Caldwell has ideas about playing her in a defensive midfield role against Morton.

After last nights team selection rule nothing out!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I don't agree we are locked into caldwell laykat. Yes we would be locked into his contract and paying his wage but here's what I'd do for what it's worth were I the chair.

I would summon Caldwell, tell him his performance was not acceptable and move him to toilet and ground cleaning duties with zero footballing input/involvement.

On the face of it this is genius. Has a club ever done that?

14 hours ago, allyo said:

On the face of it this is genius. Has a club ever done that?

Doubt it alloy. The likely scenario after doing that would be from him to go off sick and take the club to court for constructive dismissal.

The toilet and ground cleaning was just comedy, but if you were to simply move him aside, give him non footballing duties but not of a humiliating nature, and would have to keep paying him then at least you are getting a days work for the wage,  and should negate and court proceedings.

Like I said, if it were me I'd just show him the door. Yes we'd be paying two managers wages but we are doing that anyway. If we promoted from within there would be no additional costs, status quo maintained in respect of outgoings. The player we put in charge wouldn't get any wage increase but would be given financial bonus incentive for avoiding the drop, gets experience and possibly the job. Simples.

Of course I'm not and never will be anything like a chairperson, come to think of it toilet and ground cleaning would be my limit:D

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

We were promised monthly video interviews with Chairman Low and/or Kim Jong Britt-Un free to air on the website.

Banal and rubbish as those initial videos were they did at least, well, happen.

The last such video so far as I can see was in December.

It’s almost as though Low’s promise to do this was as vacuous and meaningless as pretty much everything else she and Britton say publicly. 

18 hours ago, sandy said:

The King of Spain is still a thistle man through and through.

Being a Thistle fan would be no excuse for him being bad at his job, if he was indeed a Thistle fan. This kind of attitude is why we're in the mess we're in - rewarding "loyalty" despite a complete failure to do the job you've been tasked to the required level.

Plus he's a Celtic fan anyway, so as well as being irrelevant, your point is wrong.

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Is he even really King of Spain?

Those seeking to exercise governmental authority without the approval of the Spanish state have been having a hard time recently.

If Gerry wants to come out of hiding, he is best not to do it in Madrid.

Or Catalonia...

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:51 PM, Norgethistle said:

Might get a Chairs update soon then if there's a sun tan to show off!?

I don't really understand what this trip is supposed to achieve, but its success or otherwise can only be judged when looking at the ICT result and Morton results together, then the subsequent results thereafter I guess. 

If we win the next 7, it will be worth every £. The opportunity cost of what contract extension or young player might have been signed for next season with the £20k or whatever this is costing will then be able to be ignored!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, jlsarmy said:

I've a one liner abio why she needs to go to a high intensity training camp but................my medication has kicked in this morning and I'm not brave enough

On 3/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, jaf said:

Might get a Chairs update soon then if there's a sun tan to show off!?

I don't really understand what this trip is supposed to achieve, but its success or otherwise can only be judged when looking at the ICT result and Morton results together, then the subsequent results thereafter I guess. 

If we win the next 7, it will be worth every £. The opportunity cost of what contract extension or young player might have been signed for next season with the £20k or whatever this is costing will then be able to be ignored!

Like you I've no idea of the cost and it is tempting to wonder what else on the player front the money could be asked for but if we use this as a spring board to safety, as you say, it'll be money well spent. If we don't stay up it's more ammunition against the board and manager.

Also we don't know how or who the money is coming from so we don't know if the cash could be used for anything else

22 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Also we don't know how or who the money is coming from so we don't know if the cash could be used for anything else

That's true but while I can imagine monies being ring-fenced for youth development, purchasing or underwriting the cost of a player etc, I can't envisage funds being set aside for a late season trip abroad. Maybe Gary Harkins owns a share in a poolside complex?

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's true but while I can imagine monies being ring-fenced for youth development, purchasing or underwriting the cost of a player etc, I can't envisage funds being set aside for a late season trip abroad. Maybe Gary Harkins owns a share in a poolside complex?

He's probably the only one who's made "a lot" of money out of the current squad who could afford such a property.

It could of course be that the accommodation has been gifted for the trip and they only had to find the money for flights which wouldn't have been too much I wouldn't have thought