Morton 30/3/19

Auld Jag

Others will I am sure comment on and praise the goals and rightly so.

For those not at the match can I point out that Conor Hazard has had a brilliant first half. Stood up to save an early one on one that could have completely changed the momentum, and just about everything he has done since then has been immaculate.

Edited by partickthedog
Correction
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

For those not at the match can I point out that Conor Hazard has had a brilliant first half. Stood up to save an early one on one that could have completely changed the momentum, and just about everything he has done since then has been immaculate.

I'll second that. Well done Conor. Could easily have been 3-3 at half time. C'mon Jags, still got a job to do here.

Just back in the door after a day of domestic chore drudgery.

The return of Kris Doolan the goalscorer is braw. That guy's had bugger all luck this season. Halfed by the Stranraer keeper when he's about to score, denied a goal by the most outrageous example of Scottish ref incompetence this season (and there's been lots of competition for that accolade), surrounded by shite until New Year, and then displaced by an admittedly worthy striker.

And still he bounces back.

Hoping this is the start of the annual Doolan goalscoring streak.

22 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Yep, well done indeed. However, you've more or less described Sneddon's first half last week, where he made a stunning stop to ensure Caldwell got out of jail at half time following his botched first half line up and tactics. Think he can feel a bit hard done by to be rewarded with a place back on the bench. 

Much more like it Jags. Although he didn't score thought Mcdonald was MoM. He gave the Morton defenders a torrid time all afternoon. Worked really well with Doolan who looked sharp as a tack. Most importantly the whole team played their part today. Play like that in the last 6 games and we'll be safe. 

• Like 1

Just in. Agree with comments 're hazard, Doolan and McDonald. No failures today and a special mention to Shea Gordon who played well considering his time out. Rode our luck first half but we could easily have got 5 today. Nb good jags support also. Onwards to our next must win game. It's not going to be dull that's for sure.

Great result. A bit disappointed that the two teams on losing runs broke them against the top two, but nothing we can do about that. League table still looking more healthy. And looking at Alloa and Morton, the goal difference today could turn out important.