Morton 30/3/19

Auld Jag

McDonald was outstanding today, him and Dools really suit playing together. Thought Spittal and Banzo were really good today and Shea Gordon had a good game Aswell think he offers more mobility in the middle of the park than Slater. 

Big Connor deserves credit today also, if he hasn't made that save at 0-0 the heads could have went down and it couldve been a very different day.

Had a great wee day in Greenock. Wee Greenock neds also deserve a mention as they are hilarious.

1 hour ago, West of Scotland said:

And here I thought Doolan was done according to some of the experts on here.

Great win today, thought Doolan and McDonald were excellent together, thought Shea Gordon offered a balance today letting Banzo and Spittal bomb forward .   Doolans drop in form was only temporary, his class is permanent as he’s proved time and again .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Kudos big style to whoever took and posted those photos.

Was happy enough with the the result - those photographs are extra something - well done!!

Bottom one is one of Donald Wilson's, club photographer. A classic...if we can stay up :lol:

Partick Thistle manager Gary Caldwell:"Right from the first minute I thought we had a good intent about us.

"Doolan and McDonald were excellent all day. They showed their experience and their class and were the difference. Kris Doolan is a legend for this club and today he looked like his old self."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Great win today, thought Doolan and McDonald were excellent together, thought Shea Gordon offered a balance today letting Banzo and Spittal bomb forward .   Doolans drop in form was only temporary, his class is permanent as he’s proved time and again .

This. Doolan was not finished, he just needed belief from his manager to play him. To be sitting repeatedly on the bench during your testimonial year must have been annoying.

Doolan & Skippy sounded like a good combination to repeat again.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sandy said:

This. Doolan was not finished, he just needed belief from his manager to play him. To be sitting repeatedly on the bench during your testimonial year must have been annoying.

Doolan & Skippy sounded like a good combination to repeat again.

To be fair sandy by  Doolans standards he was having a poor season and for some time he was starting every game without delivering a great deal in return. I can see why he was benched. Hopefully now this is back to the Doolan who scores goals for fun

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

To be fair sandy by  Doolans standards he was having a poor season and for some time he was starting every game without delivering a great deal in return. I can see why he was benched. Hopefully now this is back to the Doolan who scores goals for fun

This!!!! Always had goals in him, was off form in terms of positional play, onwards and upwards for dools.

I missed the game due to family commitments, perhaps I should stay away more often. Thanks to all who went and posted on here, give a better perspective than the media.

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

It would lovely to see Skippy and Dools get into a goal scoring competition between now and seasons end. Both had great games yesterday and I’d say the main difference between the teams yesterday.

Here's hoping we find consistency of performance which has been missing this season. Bar RC games we have shown we can compete with everyone.

5 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Here's hoping we find consistency of performance which has been missing this season. Bar RC games we have shown we can compete with everyone.

I don’t think we were a million miles away from getting a decent result in the last couple of games, disastrous second half aside. Put it this way I won’t be writing off our chances of getting a result up there. They’ve been the best of a bad bunch in this league and I know their fans have questions around their management duo...but then again which team doesn’t....

55 minutes ago, jagfox said:

It would lovely to see Skippy and Dools get into a goal scoring competition between now and seasons end. Both had great games yesterday and I’d say the main difference between the teams yesterday.

Much as I saw it. Good work rate as well with both taking turns of tracking back. The fact that neither needed substituting was surprising and encouraging.

A good few positives yesterday. Two striker type goals, if you know what I mean, (something we don't score a lot of) and a more intuitive worked goal from a set play. We played game at a better pace helped by and typified by Shea Gordon,  Hazard's distribution was far improved with most of his punts upfield justified. 

I'm not getting carried away by the scoreline tho'. Many a scary moment in the first half and we sat back too much at the start of the 2nd. Despite the narrow pitch and our equally narrow formation Morton had spells when they ran thru us in the middle of the park. 

Main thing tho' is the positives outweighed the negatives. Just as well as results elsewhere were far from ideal. Morton fans will certainly know that.