Morton 30/3/19

Auld Jag

2 hours ago, jag71 said:

Agree though he's not been keeping up with play when I've seen him but feel he's generally been played too far forward.

Have you seen him when he's been played in a more defensive role? I feel if he has to be played the further away from our own goal the better. I think the best we can get out of Harkins is as a sub being sent on to do a specific task, like run down a game by holding onto the ball in a wide area or the likes. My fingers are crossed in hope that Gordon doesn't feel the effects of last Saturday and can continue to put in 90 mins against the Pars similar to Cappielow.

You may be right LIB about Harkins in any role but I did think the team looked a bit more robust when he initially appeared in DM e.g vs Falkirk (albeit he did get sent off, maybe a bit unluckily). Agree re Gordon - he looked a real asset earlier in the season once he was played a bit further back.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, Tyler Machamilton said:

The Heb is the dogs bollocks  the Clansman is an ok substitute when the Heb is away in dry dock :clapping:

I seem to have become a part time member of the Hebridean Branch of the Jags Supporters Club. Dropped into the Skye Brewery in Uig today wearing my Kris Doolan 100 scarf and met up with Jags on Tour.  Came out carrying a box of interesting looking bottles of beer,  some in Thistle colours. Top man! :drink2:

On 4/4/2019 at 9:20 AM, a f kincaid said:

Harkins was standing at the edge of the park on Saturday chatting to Jacqui Low as the players were coming out to warm up.  He seemed quite chirpy.

‘Are you dancing?’

’Are you asking?’

I thought the game passed Gordon by for most of the match on Saturday. Morton seemed to control the midfield area for most of the first half. 

I am surprised at a lot of the comments on Harkins  - he has done okay for us and his experience is invaluable. 

One thing is for sure - we lack a midfielder to break play up and help out the center backs.