Jags Trust AGM

Jags Trust

All members are invited to the Annual General Meeting of Partick Thistle Supporters Association (trading as “The Jags Trust”) which will take place on Saturday 6 April 2019 at 12 o’clock.

The meeting will be held in the Chairman’s Lounge, in the Colin Weir Stand, entering from Firhill Road.

We are delighted to say that our meeting will be opened by guest and speaker Gerry Britton PTFC Ltd Chief Executive and followed by the business matters of the AGM.

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

How is membership defined?

Perhaps a bit surprised at the lack of response on this thread.

Can I just add a few questions to eljaggo's very pertinent point.  I have a Jags Trust membership dating back to the 2011/2012 season and I have a Jags Trust card with a membership number. I don't think I have paid a membership fee for 2 or 3 years, so am I still a member?  The reason I ask is because I have also received the invite to the AGM, with voting form paperwork, and although I would like to attend, update my membership and become a more active member of the Trust, I'm not sure if my 'lapsed status' will allow me to do this? Advice please.

Sorry to read that contact was lost with you ARu-Strathbungo .

The Jags Trust will be delighted to see you at the AGM on Saturday 6 April 2019, where you will be able to renew your lapsed membership.

Anyone in a similar position, or indeed anyone wanting to (re)join is welcome to come along

The annual membership fee remains £10 (individual), £5 (Concession), £20 Family (maximum of 4 members).

These fees assist the Jags Trust to support the Club and wider community.

Morag McHaffie
Chairperson

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I’ve not been a member of the Jags Trust for about 8 years, but for some reason I was emailed about the AGM. Is the Trust doing its due diligence to comply with the GDPR?

You may not get an answer to that, WJ. But I suspect the JT hasn’t thought about GDPR if they are dusting down email addresses of long departed members.

I have the feeling that the 'supporters trust' noted in the article here by David Beattie:- https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14031445.jags-chairman-david-beattie-delighted-as-partick-thistle-go-mortgage-free/    and the 'Jags Trust' noted above could confuse a few of the  forum [certainly has me scratching my head] I think it would be advisable for some clarity regarding any link? 

My Jags Trust member card [from 2011] says the JT is the 'trading name of Partick Thistle Supporters Association Limited'

I'm not sure I understand if or why there is two 'supporters trusts', does the membership of one give you membership of the other?

2 hours ago, sandy said:

ARu-S, it’s more political and complicated than Brexit.

Think ‘Life of Brian’ and the People’s Front of Judea.......splitters!

Ahhh, 'Peoples Front of Judea' versus the 'Judean Peoples Front' ok, understood …. I suppose if I go to the JT AGM it would feel like an extra in a Monty Python movie?

According to the Jags Trust's latest published Annual Return (2016),  the Trust had a representative on the PTFC Board up until 2010 (Keiron Dempsey).  Since he resigned in that year, despite repeated requests by the Trust, the Board has denied them Board representation.

I have twice asked the PTFC Trust (the other fans' trust) to ask the Board what the impediments are to the appointment of a fans' trust representative to the Club's Board.  I have yet to receive a reply.

Between them, the two fans' trusts own over 26% of the Club's shares.

Between them the Club's directors own less than 1% of the Club's shares.

Who on the Board is denying fans a seat on that Board.

• Like 2

According to the Jags Trust's latest published Annual Return (2016),  the Trust had a representative on the PTFC Board up until 2010 (Keiron Dempsey).  Since he resigned in that year, despite repeated requests by the Trust, the Board has denied them Board representation.

I have twice asked the PTFC Trust (the other fans' trust) to ask the Board what the impediments are to the appointment of a fans' trust representative to the Club's Board.  I have yet to receive a reply.

This is another reason to be nervous of the board. It seems almost clandestine in what they are doing. I do not trust this lot one inch.

On 4/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, Pinhead said:

Jags Trust aka Busted Flush

Bit unfair.

Quite a few on here have been rather derogatory about the purpose of the trust and possibly what's the point. Then, the minute someone opens up, invites anyone to attend, anyone to join, hello just pop along and you might want to join up if you like what you see or hear.....and the sniping starts. Have a word wie yersel pinhead:D

Edited by Guest
Spooling

Thanks for the clarification

26 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

This is another reason to be nervous of the board. It seems almost clandestine in what they are doing. I do not trust this lot one inch.

I agree but don't think this is down to the trust members or administrators. I'm sure they try their best and given its probably not a paid posting I feel for them.

I just don't get how a body that owns such a high number of shares can't get a rep onto the bod.

3 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Bit unfair.

Quite a few on here have been rather derogaabiut the purpose of the trust and possibly what's the point. Then, the minute someone opens up, invites anyone to attend, anyone to join, hello just pop along and you might 2ant to join up if you like what you see or hear.....and the sniping starts. Have a word wie yersel pinhead:D

Don't want to answer for Pinhead but many moons ago on here whenever the name Jags Trust was mentioned that would immediately provoke a prompt similar reply. I say similar as it was usually "A Deid Duck" rather than "A Busted Flush". Same comment more or less and often tongue in cheek.

I attended the Jags Trust AGM today.  Attendance was around 12 .  Gerry Britton gave an update on the training ground and commented on the playing performance this season.  Major problem with the team was that only 8 senior players were on the books immediately before the season started, and that was too few to give any carryover benefit.  Since then 17 have been signed and he pointed to the fact that since the winter break Thistle would be lying in second place on the basis of results since then - so good recent improvement.

The training ground planning application was hit by 26 issues raised unexpectedly by the Council in December.  These are mainly minor and able to be met, but the major issue is that of the road junction, and a number of solutions, including further land purchase are being considered.  Once planning approval is granted, the 4 pitch site will be ready very quickly, but Britton thought that it would not now be ready for the start of next season.  He confirmed that the cost has risen to about £5m and that the Three Black Cats (the development company) are still fully committed to the project.

There was a discussion about the links between the two fans' trusts, and the likelihood of a fan representative on the Board.  It was thought that Jacqui Low is in favour of such an apppointment, but no indication was given as to why it had not happened.

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

I attended the Jags Trust AGM today.  Attendance was around 12 .  Gerry Britton gave an update on the training ground and commented on the playing performance this season.  Major problem with the team was that only 8 senior players were on the books immediately before the season started, and that was too few to give any carryover benefit.  Since then 17 have been signed and he pointed to the fact that since the winter break Thistle would be lying in second place on the basis of results since then - so good recent improvement.

The training ground planning application was hit by 26 issues raised unexpectedly by the Council in December.  These are mainly minor and able to be met, but the major issue is that of the road junction, and a number of solutions, including further land purchase are being considered.  Once planning approval is granted, the 4 pitch site will be ready very quickly, but Britton thought that it would not now be ready for the start of next season.  He confirmed that the cost has risen to about £5m and that the Three Black Cats (the development company) are still fully committed to the project.

There was a discussion about the links between the two fans' trusts, and the likelihood of a fan representative on the Board.  It was thought that Jacqui Low is in favour of such an apppointment, but no indication was given as to why it had not happened.

Thanks eljaggo- more information in your 10 line post than we have heard from the Club/ Board  in months.

Why is it so difficult to release honest information without  spin.? All fans are looking for is to be kept informed of significant changes which impact on our Club.