Jags Trust AGM

Jags Trust

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I attended the Jags Trust AGM today.  Attendance was around 12 .  Gerry Britton gave an update on the training ground and commented on the playing performance this season.  Major problem with the team was that only 8 senior players were on the books immediately before the season started, and that was too few to give any carryover benefit.  Since then 17 have been signed and he pointed to the fact that since the winter break Thistle would be lying in second place on the basis of results since then - so good recent improvement.

The training ground planning application was hit by 26 issues raised unexpectedly by the Council in December.  These are mainly minor and able to be met, but the major issue is that of the road junction, and a number of solutions, including further land purchase are being considered.  Once planning approval is granted, the 4 pitch site will be ready very quickly, but Britton thought that it would not now be ready for the start of next season.  He confirmed that the cost has risen to about £5m and that the Three Black Cats (the development company) are still fully committed to the project.

There was a discussion about the links between the two fans' trusts, and the likelihood of a fan representative on the Board.  It was thought that Jacqui Low is in favour of such an apppointment, but no indication was given as to why it had not happened.

Why it has not happened is due to the same lies Jacqui Low has spinned since her first appointment! There should be one trust with a place on the board and it should not be anyone involved in the Jags Trust which has always been a show for the megalomaniacs who think they are of some kinda importance Pedens etc of this world. The Jags Trust is toxic and needs emalgamated into the other trust or disbanded and shares sold. The fact attendance was 12 says it all!

4 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I attended the Jags Trust AGM today.  Attendance was around 12 .  Gerry Britton gave an update on the training ground and commented on the playing performance this season.  Major problem with the team was that only 8 senior players were on the books immediately before the season started, and that was too few to give any carryover benefit.  Since then 17 have been signed and he pointed to the fact that since the winter break Thistle would be lying in second place on the basis of results since then - so good recent improvement.

The training ground planning application was hit by 26 issues raised unexpectedly by the Council in December.  These are mainly minor and able to be met, but the major issue is that of the road junction, and a number of solutions, including further land purchase are being considered.  Once planning approval is granted, the 4 pitch site will be ready very quickly, but Britton thought that it would not now be ready for the start of next season.  He confirmed that the cost has risen to about £5m and that the Three Black Cats (the development company) are still fully committed to the project.

There was a discussion about the links between the two fans' trusts, and the likelihood of a fan representative on the Board.  It was thought that Jacqui Low is in favour of such an apppointment, but no indication was given as to why it had not happened.

Think Gerry is getting mixed up with his stats , from January till before today’s game we would have been 6th in the table on results , an improvement of course but definitely not promotion winning form .

14 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Thanks for the update.

I find it strange though that after the initial fanfare of the training ground announcement, the only update the club gives regarding the issues and delay is to 12 people, not to the other trust,  not in the monthly communication video (remember them!!!) from the board, nor on news section of official site.

As for timeline for completion, they would have to purchase more land (assuming its available) , submit a new planning application (3 months) , clean the land, level the land, install drainage,access roads, football fields (including drainage, leveling & turf) plus offices etc.

Your looking at a 9 month timescale for this minimum , and you don’t want to start a new football field after October.

I think nothing will happen for 5 weeks and if we go down it’ll be scrapped (if not secretly scrapped already)

As far as I know the issue with the "road junction" is because Three Black Cats purchased the land which was the old sewerage works but not the narrow strip which is the access road to the bit they bought.  I mentioned this as being a potential problem, on this forum last year.

I believe the seller of both bits of land are the same, so there is the possibility the access road could be on the market for mega-money!

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Thanks for the update.

I find it strange though that after the initial fanfare of the training ground announcement, the only update the club gives regarding the issues and delay is to 12 people, not to the other trust,  not in the monthly communication video (remember them!!!) from the board, nor on news section of official site.

As for timeline for completion, they would have to purchase more land (assuming its available) , submit a new planning application (3 months) , clean the land, level the land, install drainage,access roads, football fields (including drainage, leveling & turf) plus offices etc.

Your looking at a 9 month timescale for this minimum , and you don’t want to start a new football field after October.

I think nothing will happen for 5 weeks and if we go down it’ll be scrapped (if not secretly scrapped already)

To be fair, a good number of people were invited to the JT AGM [myself included] but only 12 turned up.

I wonder if rather than an annual discussion,  we could be better served by a monthly information meeting run along similar lines to yesterdays AGM, with someone from the club there to answer the pertinent points raised by the attendees? If the meeting is videoed the club could issue 'highlights' to Jagzone [or something similar] I get the feeling the majority of the supporters feel they are out of the loop in the week to week progress [or lack of] within the club.

Of greater concern [IMO] is the disconnect we appear to have between the PTFC supporter association > the board of PTFC > and the PTFC supporters.

At yesterday's AGM the topic of a fans' rep. on the PTFC board was discussed, and the Chair pointed out that the PTFC directors each have an area of responsibility, and that a new director would have to follow suit.   It strikes me that a fans rep on the Board taking over responsibility for communication between the board. club, fans and the community would be a welcome development from a number of standpoints - especially in the light of recent poor communication from the Club.

16 hours ago, eljaggo said:

So, the club are in denial. Caldwell was appointed with the express aim of getting us up to the Premiership for next season. Under his stewardship, we have never risen above the level that Archibald attained. We are currently fourteen points of a play off place with fifteen points available. It's not happening. It's so far from not happening that we are in danger of being relegated again. Yet, in the first public statement for many months, Gerry Britton resorted to lying to a Thistle supporters trust. Fake news, Trumpian in it's audacity. Second on form since the transfer window? Really?

It's clear to me that Caldwell has failed. Whatever our fate, he should be gone in May. Britton's statement shows that the wagons are circling. Positive spin on a truly dreadful season. Caldwell is staying.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Thanks for the update.

I suspect you might be right.

• Like 2

A fan rep on the Board wouldn't necessarily improve communication to any significant degree. So much of what's discussed will come under confidentiality constraint. Partly due to such constraint there's also the risk that the representative could be widely perceived to have turned native. Where I imagine a rep would be most useful would be in taking fan issues and concerns to the Board. But as a two way street, I wouldn't be so sure.

3 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

A fan rep on the Board wouldn't necessarily improve communication to any significant degree. So much of what's discussed will come under confidentiality constraint. Partly due to such constraint there's also the risk that the representative could be widely perceived to have turned native. Where I imagine a rep would be most useful would be in taking fan issues and concerns to the Board. But as a two way street, I wouldn't be so sure.

Of course there would be issues where commercial confidentiality applies, but there are a large number of instances when those would not constrain the fans' rep to allow better information to be given to the troops, and would go a long way in quelling some of the wilder speculation that takes place. 

36 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Maybe Britton was given the stat by someone who has made an error in calculation, so maybe we shouldn't draw too many conclusions from one statement, or criticise Britton..

It's the first statement from anyone at the club for months. They ought to be aware of the fans interest in what they are saying. It would be alarming if the board are making judgement calls on the success of the manager based on an error of calculation. Perhaps the stat came from a recent Caldwell Powerpoint presentation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, One t in Scotland said:

Hmm. Leaving aside the fact there is no winter break I have severe doubts over this stat.

I've no doubt he believes it to be right, and it probably is true, I've not got the patience to work it out or brain cells come to think of it.

Even if it is true, the performances, the capitulation, the formation, the strange substitutions etc etc are all still the same!

Be great if one of our stattos can work it out

The graph highlights the depressing fact that a team who were Premiership quality  have not managed better than 6th position.

I can remember back in August the pundits on BBC / STV saying they did not feel PTFC could get promotion for the 2018/2019 season due to the lack of quality players, but felt we should manage to finish 4th.

In all fairness if you want to judge Caldwell on his signings then you have to give him some grace to allow for new signings to bed in and/or get up to match fitness.  To that end I'd overlook the first two league games of the season and start from the QoS match.  That's 10 fixtures (5 home & 5 away). Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 3 (17 points out of  30). That points rate in turn equates to finishing on just over 60 points for the season and historically touch and go for a 4th place finish.

Make what you wish of all that. I reckon with 5 games to go we need to continue at the same points rate as the previous 10 games, tho' probably more may depend on our results v Alloa and QoS. 

Since the start of the transfer window we've taken 1.58 points per game which is 4th in the league, it's also the biggest improvement of any team compared to their season long PPG.

I still don't think that excuses Caldwell from the desperate performances between him taking over and the transfer window opening, if we'd even steadied the ship in that period we'd be at least where Dunfermline are now rather than still in the shit .

Ayr / Morton and QoS all have a PPG of 0.92 since the transfer window opened (the lowest in the league),  obviously we don't have to play Morton again but Ayr's drop off means they're at the other end of that table about relative performance since January which is encouraging given we have to play them twice.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:01 AM, ARu-Strathbungo said:

To be fair, a good number of people were invited to the JT AGM [myself included] but only 12 turned up.

I wonder if rather than an annual discussion,  we could be better served by a monthly information meeting run along similar lines to yesterdays AGM, with someone from the club there to answer the pertinent points raised by the attendees? If the meeting is videoed the club could issue 'highlights' to Jagzone [or something similar] I get the feeling the majority of the supporters feel they are out of the loop in the week to week progress [or lack of] within the club.

Of greater concern [IMO] is the disconnect we appear to have between the PTFC supporter association > the board of PTFC > and the PTFC supporters.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, eljaggo said:

At yesterday's AGM the topic of a fans' rep. on the PTFC board was discussed, and the Chair pointed out that the PTFC directors each have an area of responsibility, and that a new director would have to follow suit.   It strikes me that a fans rep on the Board taking over responsibility for communication between the board. club, fans and the community would be a welcome development from a number of standpoints - especially in the light of recent poor communication from the Club.

Two excellent posts imho. Identify the problem, suggest a solution. Everybody's happy.

The Caldwell assurance that he would achieve promotion has effectively given the board the ability to ditch him at the end of the season, if they want to be hard-nosed about it. If they were as ruthless as boards should be, they would already have sounded out his replacement, and sealed lips would be appropriate. That may be reading too much into the general lack of information from the board, though: they may simply be dithering, like previous boards, until the manager's end is obvious even in the boardroom.

• Like 1