Jags Trust AGM

Jags Trust

On 4/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, scotty said:

As far as I know the issue with the "road junction" is because Three Black Cats purchased the land which was the old sewerage works but not the narrow strip which is the access road to the bit they bought.  I mentioned this as being a potential problem, on this forum last year.

I believe the seller of both bits of land are the same, so there is the possibility the access road could be on the market for mega-money!

From my understanding of what Gerry Britton said on Saturday at the AGM, the issue is one of traffic management and not access per se.  The access road land has been purchased as part of the training ground site, but may need enlarged at the junction to satisfy the Council.  

I wouldn't expect any sane developer to purchase land without road access as you suggest.

21 hours ago, eljaggo said:

From my understanding of what Gerry Britton said on Saturday at the AGM, the issue is one of traffic management and not access per se.  The access road land has been purchased as part of the training ground site, but may need enlarged at the junction to satisfy the Council.  

I wouldn't expect any sane developer to purchase land without road access as you suggest.

So they were speaking to the Council since last July - yet after 6 Months and couple of weeks after the Club AGM where we were told everything on Plan for June Opening   - the issue with traffic only appeared ? 

Also if this was known in December - why no update to the other Trust when they raised it months ago  - Why no response to Fans e-mails - Why no update from our Chairman or Gerry Britton - its announced  4 Months later to a group of 12 people - where we are relying on second hand ( no disrespect to the person who gave the report ) information 

Our Chairperson is a PR Guru - all the Fanfare for over a Year-  and this is how we are advised of progress ? Seriously !! 

23 hours ago, eljaggo said:

I recall that the access had to be negotiated. There is still land between the old sewage works and the main road which lies on  on either side of the access road and I'm sure that is still owned by the previous owner. They woiuld not sell land which then denied access to other properties. Surely?

On 4/9/2019 at 3:50 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

So they were speaking to the Council since last July - yet after 6 Months and couple of weeks after the Club AGM where we were told everything on Plan for June Opening   - the issue with traffic only appeared ? 

Also if this was known in December - why no update to the other Trust when they raised it months ago  - Why no response to Fans e-mails - Why no update from our Chairman or Gerry Britton - its announced  4 Months later to a group of 12 people - where we are relying on second hand ( no disrespect to the person who gave the report ) information 

Our Chairperson is a PR Guru - all the Fanfare for over a Year-  and this is how we are advised of progress ? Seriously !! 

Chill.....think of your angst when the training ground actually opens 

14 hours ago, javeajag said:

Im not fussed either way regards the Training Ground - I am concerned that given this was given Max PR Spin as the key to our future and statements made every time we failed on the park   - that questions were being asked regards its viabilty & affordabilty and dismissed  - that despite this -we were constantly told it was all on Programme and the Construction would be simple -now bit by bit we get leaked  small bits of information to small groups and to date no Official update -  - most of the issues  should have been identified last Summer - so we will see - my view is that it wont go ahead - as in simple terms - we cant afford to run it  and I think that reality is starting to bite  - so far we are no further forward than we were last Season . 

There is no outstanding application with the council, East Dumbartonshire gave their decision in September last year, that’s fact and can be backed up via a quick check of the councils planning portal.

These issues then must have been known then when the council gave its decision.

Since then we’ve been told, it’s on track, it’s the councils fault, now we have an issue which will cause a small delay.

This is pure spin by the club, and to be honest they must take us for idiots if they believe we will just accept any old nonsense they spout, even if it doesn’t add up.

The board have stated since start of the season that communication is key, paramount even to how the club interacts with the fans. Yet we’ve had no updates on this till fans pressed for an answer, and what’s been given does not tie up with the councils site nor does it align with what they have previously stated, add to that not yet have they put anything in print on official site, it’s all word of mouth to small groups and there is a reason for that.

Since the summer this club has fallen back a decade on the park but further back off it. Thankfully we have had Colin Weir propping us up, but his money shouldn’t have been propping us up it should have been pushing us on to the next sustainable level,  That is incompetence of the highest order,  they’ve stopped trying to grow the club, the support and became reliant on handouts. 

Luckily for the board they they may have a patsy in Caldwell to deflect some heat away from what’s actually going on for a while, but that won’t last. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 9:02 PM, javeajag said:

Not sure it will happen at all , be interested to see how the board backtrack after the fanfare to the supporters and the media .

More beneficial to get a good scouting network set up  which would help the Club over a period of years .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

There is no outstanding application with the council, East Dumbartonshire gave their decision in September last year, that’s fact and can be backed up via a quick check of the councils planning portal.

These issues then must have been known then when the council gave its decision.

Since then we’ve been told, it’s on track, it’s the councils fault, now we have an issue which will cause a small delay.

This is pure spin by the club, and to be honest they must take us for idiots if they believe we will just accept any old nonsense they spout, even if it doesn’t add up.

The board have stated since start of the season that communication is key, paramount even to how the club interacts with the fans. Yet we’ve had no updates on this till fans pressed for an answer, and what’s been given does not tie up with the councils site nor does it align with what they have previously stated, add to that not yet have they put anything in print on official site, it’s all word of mouth to small groups and there is a reason for that.

Since the summer this club has fallen back a decade on the park but further back off it. Thankfully we have had Colin Weir propping us up, but his money shouldn’t have been propping us up it should have been pushing us on to the next sustainable level,  That is incompetence of the highest order,  they’ve stopped trying to grow the club, the support and became reliant on handouts. 

Luckily for the board they they may have a patsy in Caldwell to deflect some heat away from what’s actually going on for a while, but that won’t last. 

Some very interesting points there. I’d probably say that rather than just since the summer we have gone back a decade but rather since making top 6 on the park inexplicably started to go back a decade

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure it will happen at all , be interested to see how the board backtrack after the fanfare to the supporters and the media .

More beneficial to get a good scouting network set up  which would help the Club over a period of years .

This. We have struggled since Bobby Dinnie left his role.

Edited by sandy

6 hours ago, sandy said:

This. We have struggled since Bobby Dinnie left his role.

Thats a very relevant point - we havent really had many great "finds" and seem 100% reliant on Players Agents these days - Bobby discovered archie - Kenny Arthur - Dools & erskine - he had a talent for spotting Players with good charachter

49 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thats a very relevant point - we havent really had many great "finds" and seem 100% reliant on Players Agents these days - Bobby discovered archie - Kenny Arthur - Dools & erskine - he had a talent for spotting Players with good charachter

Aye, the ‘good character’ that GC claims to rate. 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Aye, the ‘good character’ that GC claims to rate. 

The good character thing that Caldwell seems to rate is a lot of nonsense , I would rather see players who have a bit about them , don’t think Alan Dinnie , Chic , Albert Craig , Martin Hardie etc would have fitted into Caldwell’s template what makes a good football player .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The good character thing that Caldwell seems to rate is a lot of nonsense , I would rather see players who have a bit about them , don’t think Alan Dinnie , Chic , Albert Craig , Martin Hardie etc would have fitted into Caldwell’s template what makes a good football player .

Don’t get me wrong, l’d love someone with the dig of Mad Mental Hardie or Chic right now. I don’t think Harkins quite fits that mould.

Edited by sandy

For much of Archie's reign, teams lacked the grit that comes from a determined winner - almost by definition not a "good character". Any successful team needs at least one character you really wouldn't want to go drinking with - the kind that teammates, let alone the opposition, are leery of. Too many Thistle teams recently have been made up of nice boys, and that's a professional malaise in a competitive team.

2 hours ago, Fearchar said:

For much of Archie's reign, teams lacked the grit that comes from a determined winner - almost by definition not a "good character". Any successful team needs at least one character you really wouldn't want to go drinking with - the kind that teammates, let alone the opposition, are leery of. Too many Thistle teams recently have been made up of nice boys, and that's a professional malaise in a competitive team.

I wouldn’t have gone drinking with Stevie Fulton ;)