Dunfermline 06/05

BalornockJag

At least it was better than the game against ICT, but we have to consider that as a bad result for us, that Dunfermline team are woeful.

Storey played better and had a hand in the equaliser, but asking him to do the 'holding' role when the highball tactics are being used is a big ask for him.

McGinty had me worried every time he had the ball, and Gordon looks to need more match experience before we see him playing as good as he can.

After 2-0 down, a 2-2 draw is a relief rather than something to celebrate, but we're still deep in the ordure I'm afraid.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo

We're so inconsistent. Even Skippy didn't have a lot come off for him but he kept running and trying things and eventually paid off. 

If Shea Gordon was wearing a Gary Harkins mask cuntos would be going apoplectic. 

By the end up we were going back to the inverted pyramid formation at times.

Got to be happy with the points and credit to the manager for getting the subs on and going for it. 

However his starting line-up was a gamble hoping that Skippy and Dools could edge us in front. Unfortunately with Dunfermline controlling most of the first half we soon found ourselves down and almost out.  The og  was crucial and gave us some hope. 

Need to keep going and I suppose the best thing about today was that we came back from the dead.

Scully at the second goal showing why it is baffling to how he is a professional goalkeeper, absolute diddy. First half was a disgrace but we should have won, McMillan is to slow to play wingback and Gordon was useless thought Mcginty had a good game and Cardle changed the game. Got away with one today with other results but we are 8th 3 points off 6th but also 1 point off bottom going to go till the end this season.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Even if we stay up Caldwell has to go. Time and again his tactics are baffling. He seems to be thrashing about and hoping it comes good. He is clueless. 

Got to agree, play the right team and system we win the game, wrong set up 3/5 at the back with a holding midfield player . Played far too narrow especially at home with no width in the team , where was Cardle or Fitzpatrick to stretch the game and make space for others .

Putting Spittal to right back instead of McMillan and putting Cardle into the middle of the park keeping the same shape was beyond belief.

In my opinion that was a game we had to win to give us a fighting chance to stay up , even if we do stay up Caldwell has to go .

• Like 1

I keep hearing how good a signing Saunders and Anderson have been but does anyone else think our defence is very weak at times

i think we look like loosing goals every time the opposition attacks and I’m not convinced on Hazard either.

caldwell seems to be setting us up hard to beat but I think we need to play on the front foot as that’s what we seem best at especially when we play Cardle and Fitzpatrick 

For me we need to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and stop changing the team and set up most weeks

13 minutes ago, Paukea said:

I keep hearing how good a signing Saunders and Anderson have been but does anyone else think our defence is very weak at times

i think we look like loosing goals every time the opposition attacks and I’m not convinced on Hazard either.

caldwell seems to be setting us up hard to beat but I think we need to play on the front foot as that’s what we seem best at especially when we play Cardle and Fitzpatrick 

For me we need to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and stop changing the team and set up most weeks

Saunders and Anderson did nothing wrong today it was the midfield and fullbacks who have struggled, especially the midfield as most weeks we lose that battle and let teams run through us numerous times per match.

27 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Terrible goals we gave away. I feel disappointed we didn't win it at the end.

I know I said to you at half time that I would be delighted if we managed to scrape a draw but after that 2nd half I have to admit that I also feel it was two points lost rather than one gained. That said it could turn out to be a very important point :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Dunfermline were really poor after they scored second goal and  can’t help but feeling that was a match we should have won. I for life of me can’t understand why we have started this game,and the Inverness with such low intensity. Scott Mcdonald could be excused from this criticism but we have 5 games left where we will need to scrape and battle first and foremost!!! 

Can’t believe we didn’t win it in the end to be fair, never seen so many goal mouth scrambles in my life as we couldn’t just get one of them to bounce luckily our way. I thought Mcginty was excellent and my motm was Penrice. Thought he was absolutely immense. Mcdonald too.  Spittal had a good second half and banzo had an excellent first half. McMillan was struggling so too was Gordon. Doolan shows classy touches but was quiet l. As for miles storey I have ran out of things to say. That miss why oh why couldn’t that just have fell to Doolan or skippy. A point dropped in the end in all honesty after battering them in the second half.  Good spirit to come back though and the players gave it there all to bring it back and really tried to go for it. Caught sleeping early on again though, something we have to stop doing.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

The fact that we brought on 3 attacking players to replace a defender, a defensive midfielder and a defender trying to play wingback shows how incredibly negative our starting set up was.

Far too many high balls punted up to diminutive strikers.

ICT game was same. Trying to be too clever and paying too much attention on stopping the opposition playing instead of having faith in our more attack minded players. As with ICT game, by the time Caldwell has sorted out his poor starting line up and formation, he's only giving the players the second half to win the game. Let's try winning games in the first half for a change. 

10 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

ICT game was same. Trying to be too clever and paying too much attention on stopping the opposition playing instead of having faith in our more attack minded players. As with ICT game, by the time Caldwell has sorted out his poor starting line up and formation, he's only giving the players the second half to win the game. Let's try winning games in the first half for a change. 

We thought we had won the game in the first half v. Ross County. You know what happened after that.

2 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

I oft times wonder where we would have been in the league had Tam O’Ware not been  injured early on  .His physical presence and sure footedness In defence would surely have stemmed the tide of stupid /preventable goals we have succumbed to this season  ...ho hum .

And he'd also more likely than not be our top scorer.

Massive miss.