Dunfermline 06/05

BalornockJag

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I don't wear spectacles.

Alan Archibald and Gary Caldwell are the reasons we are in. the mire.

No individual player is responsible for that. Doolan has had a thankless task this season, playing up top with inferior service.

Also, GC seems to have realised that two of the best players at his disposal are Dools and Skippy, hence why they have started together lately.

There are many, many reasons why we are in this mire. None of them are called Kris Doolan.

Agree with all of this. Except the first bit, I do wear spectacles.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, jlsarmy said:

Got to agree, play the right team and system we win the game, wrong set up 3/5 at the back with a holding midfield player . Played far too narrow especially at home with no width in the team , where was Cardle or Fitzpatrick to stretch the game and make space for others .

Putting Spittal to right back instead of McMillan and putting Cardle into the middle of the park keeping the same shape was beyond belief.

In my opinion that was a game we had to win to give us a fighting chance to stay up , even if we do stay up Caldwell has to go .

Spittal at right back???? WTF, I go away for 1 week...........:drink2:just to cope you understand

17 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Are you for real?

Dools deserves a new contract. He's already earned it with his performances this season., even if by his own standards it hasn't been stellar.

Besides, who do you honestly think we could get to replace him on our budget?

Spot on. Ran outta likes.

Also add in a dash of "who would come to is as a replacement".

Unless we could entice a Dobbie we need to keep him! END OF (as the kids say)

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

I don't wear spectacles.

Alan Archibald and Gary Caldwell are the reasons we are in. the mire.

No individual player is responsible for that. Doolan has had a thankless task this season, playing up top with inferior service.

Also, GC seems to have realised that two of the best players at his disposal are Dools and Skippy, hence why they have started together lately.

There are many, many reasons why we are in this mire. None of them are called Kris Doolan.

Again, ran outta likes. Just wanted to register my agreement

2 hours ago, douglas clark said:

I have been impressed with Aiden Fitzpatrick. Quite why he rarely, if ever, gets a start has been a puzzle to me. Any thoughts?

Mentioned elsewhere by others, the formation we too often play doesn't accommodate wide attacking midfielders. In direct contrast another youngster Penrice has started every game I believe. His form of late has been very good, which is just as well as he's virtually undroppable in our current set up. 

Even in a game when Caldwell comes round to ditching one of his centrebacks for a wide player Fitzpatrick is in a queue alongside Storey and Cardle. If Caldwell wanted the wide player to play down the left Aiden is likely to be third choice. So Fitzpatrick has to wait not only on a change of formation but also a right sided berth. Even then Caldwell has the option of moving Spittal out of a central role instead.

Think that goes somewhere to explaining Aiden's lack of game time. Btw not something I necessarily agree with as it's lack of game time that's holding back his one failing, choice making. 

This is a bit late. Better performance than the last game I seen, but our defence look easily rattled. Great second half. I know some folk here have praised him, but I thought Mcginty wasn't great. Penrice sees plenty of the ball, but I thought he doesn't use it that well. But then I think Harkins is the best footballer we have, so what do I know. I'm trying to sneak over for the Alloa game. My workmates think I'm a lunatic.

• Like 1