Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
douglas clark

Souleymane Coulibaly

Recommended Posts

He will probably leave Firhill at the end of the season having hardly played for us. Sign for some other club like say Motherwell or Kilmarnock(just guessing) and score at least 15 goals for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me as though GC doesn't fancy him for whatever reason. And he's had long enough to look at him in training.

The resurrection of Scott McDonald speaks volumes in that regard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The likelihood is that he will leave the club.

It would be ridiculous if the fans who greeted his signing with such enthusiasm were never told why he goes ( if he goes! ) He looks ok in the reserves so is it legal reasons, fitness reasons, attitude reasons, not signed by Caldwell reasons, not good enough...…..   should we not be told. Don't need chapter and verse just an idea why our big signing didn't work out.

Thistle fans have been treated as idiots by the club this year being offered spin and tightly scripted interviews instead of meaningful engagement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

The likelihood is that he will leave the club.

It would be ridiculous if the fans who greeted his signing with such enthusiasm were never told why he goes ( if he goes! ) He looks ok in the reserves so is it legal reasons, fitness reasons, attitude reasons, not signed by Caldwell reasons, not good enough...…..   should we not be told. Don't need chapter and verse just an idea why our big signing didn't work out.

Thistle fans have been treated as idiots by the club this year being offered spin and tightly scripted interviews instead of meaningful engagement.

There was meaningful engagement last year? For instance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

The likelihood is that he will leave the club.

It would be ridiculous if the fans who greeted his signing with such enthusiasm were never told why he goes ( if he goes! ) He looks ok in the reserves so is it legal reasons, fitness reasons, attitude reasons, not signed by Caldwell reasons, not good enough...…..   should we not be told. Don't need chapter and verse just an idea why our big signing didn't work out.

Thistle fans have been treated as idiots by the club this year being offered spin and tightly scripted interviews instead of meaningful engagement.

Well said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

The likelihood is that he will leave the club.

It would be ridiculous if the fans who greeted his signing with such enthusiasm were never told why he goes ( if he goes! ) He looks ok in the reserves so is it legal reasons, fitness reasons, attitude reasons, not signed by Caldwell reasons, not good enough...…..   should we not be told. Don't need chapter and verse just an idea why our big signing didn't work out.

Thistle fans have been treated as idiots by the club this year being offered spin and tightly scripted interviews instead of meaningful engagement.

Does any club ever do that about a current, or still playing player ? Very rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

There was meaningful engagement last year? For instance?

When #onethistle we’re doing a lot of volunteering for the Club, we tried to encourage meaningful engagement; but I don’t think the Board at the time felt it was a priority. Sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandy said:

When #onethistle we’re doing a lot of volunteering for the Club, we tried to encourage meaningful engagement; but I don’t think the Board at the time felt it was a priority. Sadly.

What was the reason given for discontinueing #onethistle? If memory serves me well it was both popular and successfull.  From the Board's point of view it was also a way of involving fans without giving away too much of the Board's control over business matters.

(this thread seems to be a crossover with a couple of others, like "Jags Trust AGM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listed by GC in our available list of strikers. Last after Ally Roy suggests we won’t see much of him today if ever again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, scotty said:

What was the reason given for discontinueing #onethistle? If memory serves me well it was both popular and successfull.  From the Board's point of view it was also a way of involving fans without giving away too much of the Board's control over business matters.

(this thread seems to be a crossover with a couple of others, like "Jags Trust AGM)

JJ can answer better than I can. JJ and Lance in particular gave a lot of hours to the club, we were all volunteers. But the Board paid the initiative lip service; they like the hashtag but didn’t seem keen on any greater fan involvement. Might have just been Maxi who didn’t really care, not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Does any club ever do that about a current, or still playing player ? Very rare.

At bigger clubs the press / media do the job and ask the questions on behalf of the fans.  At smaller clubs issues tend to be common knowledge. It's the club's in the middle ( where we are just now) that there tends to be a disconnect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We took a punt on Coulibaly. He hadn't played for a year. He was banned from playing by FIFA as he was in legal dispute with his (former?) club. Thistle stated that while in dispute we weren't paying him anything. We helped him fight his case with FIFA, I'm not sure how much that would have cost us (our MD is a barrister, our sponsors are an employment law firm).  None of us knows the terms of his contract (and nor should we). There is no way the club will tell the fans why his is not getting a game, it would be unprofessional to discuss this publicly.

Coulibaly once scored a wonder goal against Celtic but a year out of football is a long time. It was worth the punt but it seems, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. Fair play to the club for giving it a go. If it had worked out it would have been great. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

We took a punt on Coulibaly. He hadn't played for a year. He was banned from playing by FIFA as he was in legal dispute with his (former?) club. Thistle stated that while in dispute we weren't paying him anything. We helped him fight his case with FIFA, I'm not sure how much that would have cost us (our MD is a barrister, our sponsors are an employment law firm).  None of us knows the terms of his contract (and nor should we). There is no way the club will tell the fans why his is not getting a game, it would be unprofessional to discuss this publicly.

Coulibaly once scored a wonder goal against Celtic but a year out of football is a long time. It was worth the punt but it seems, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. Fair play to the club for giving it a go. If it had worked out it would have been great. 

Exactly, maybe there are issues around the legal decision then again it could be down to the manager coming in when he was supposedly just back from injury and as he stated around Shea Gordon he has more trust in other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Exactly, maybe there are issues around the legal decision then again it could be down to the manager coming in when he was supposedly just back from injury and as he stated around Shea Gordon he has more trust in other players.

That could be phrased as a distrust of players associated with the previous manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

We took a punt on Coulibaly. He hadn't played for a year. He was banned from playing by FIFA as he was in legal dispute with his (former?) club. Thistle stated that while in dispute we weren't paying him anything. We helped him fight his case with FIFA, I'm not sure how much that would have cost us (our MD is a barrister, our sponsors are an employment law firm).  None of us knows the terms of his contract (and nor should we). There is no way the club will tell the fans why his is not getting a game, it would be unprofessional to discuss this publicly.

Coulibaly once scored a wonder goal against Celtic but a year out of football is a long time. It was worth the punt but it seems, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked out. Fair play to the club for giving it a go. If it had worked out it would have been great. 

Correct. It would be totally unprofessional for the club to discuss the terms of his contract.

To tell us why a player, who could potentially improve the team, is not playing is quite different.     I ( indirectly ) pay his wages,  why should I not know why he is not being played. 

Clubs have often stated a player is overweight or not fit. Celtic even explained one of their players wasn't playing cos he had mental health issues for goodness sake. 

So you reckon I just keep paying my money but it would be unprofessional to tell me why a player is turning out for the reserves but not getting played for the first team. Give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit that I haven't read the terms and conditions but I would be surprised if buying a match ticket entitles a supporter to an explanation of the reasons for team selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I admit that I haven't read the terms and conditions but I would be surprised if buying a match ticket entitles a supporter to an explanation of the reasons for team selection.

Aye. Very good!  You just keep paying your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandy said:

That could be phrased as a distrust of players associated with the previous manager. 

Or you could be paranoid :hypocrite:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Correct. It would be totally unprofessional for the club to discuss the terms of his contract.

To tell us why a player, who could potentially improve the team, is not playing is quite different.     I ( indirectly ) pay his wages,  why should I not know why he is not being played. 

Clubs have often stated a player is overweight or not fit. Celtic even explained one of their players wasn't playing cos he had mental health issues for goodness sake. 

So you reckon I just keep paying my money but it would be unprofessional to tell me why a player is turning out for the reserves but not getting played for the first team. Give me a break.

The manager said he's available for selection so why don't you give us a break? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The manager said he's available for selection so why don't you give us a break? :lol:

Of course he's available he's on our fecken books!!!!!! 

You're obviously very easy to please when it comes to the club giving out player info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legs Like A Spider said:

Of course he's available he's on our fecken books!!!!!! 

You're obviously very easy to please when it comes to the club giving out player info.

What info do you want? What other clubs do this? Be very specific. Thank you x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×