Board Changes

javeajag

15 hours ago, sandy said:

You are right AlgarveJag. I’d hate to count up how much I have donated to the Club this season. Season tickets, player sponsorship etc

I even offered to buy shares, not as an investment, but to show my commitment to the Club I love. But apparently the Club has none available to sell. So even when I wanted to give them more, they couldn’t find a mechanism to take it.

Next season I’ll probably use that money on other non-Thistle things, sadly. 

Haha, no you won't. We are all Thistle saddles, will be here next season come what may, p1ssing our hard earned on programmes, pies, 50/50, new shirts etc etc. Can't help ourselves, which is the point that falklandal and 1971 are making, fed up but simply addicted to Thistle.

42 minutes ago, Thistleberight said:

Haha, no you won't. We are all Thistle saddles, will be here next season come what may, p1ssing our hard earned on programmes, pies, 50/50, new shirts etc etc. Can't help ourselves, which is the point that falklandal and 1971 are making, fed up but simply addicted to Thistle.

Well, maybe I'm made of more stubborn stuff. I'm in two minds to boycott the glamour friendly at Dumbarton*.

* Oh, hing on! We might not play them if we'll be in the same league.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

I will be renewing my season ticket no matter what league we are in next season. I feel that most of us of a certain 'vintage' will renew no matter what we say or how feel at the moment. The concern for me is the younger generation, will they still come along to watch us play Airdrie, Forfar Stranraer etc . No disrespect to those teams, for all we know they may be above us in the league next season,but a big change from playing Hearts,Aberdeen the 2 arse cheeks etc. Kids go free helps, but if we go down a lot of fans who are much younger than us have lots of alternatives nowadays and can find more entertaining ways to pass their time on a Saturday or freezing midweek Tuesday night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Well, maybe I'm made of more stubborn stuff. I'm in two minds to boycott the glamour friendly at Dumbarton*.

* Oh, hing on! We might not play them if we'll be in the same league.

Ran out of haha's

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I will be renewing my season ticket no matter what league we are in next season. I feel that most of us of a certain 'vintage' will renew no matter what we say or how feel at the moment. The concern for me is the younger generation, will they still come along to watch us play Airdrie, Forfar Stranraer etc . No disrespect to those teams, for all we know they may be above us in the league next season,but a big change from playing Hearts,Aberdeen the 2 arse cheeks etc. Kids go free helps, but if we go down a lot of fans who are much younger than us have lots of alternatives nowadays and can find more entertaining ways to pass their time on a Saturday or freezing midweek Tuesday night.

This is a good point AJ, but I suspect if we have a winning team at the top of a league, no matter what league we are in, the crowds will increase, people always come back when there's a team on the park winning every week.

Also, and I think as significant for the occasional attendees, there needs to be a feeling of engagement. By that i mean the first team manager. There needs to be a buy in to that person and what they are trying to achieve. That is lacking just now.