Alloa!!!!

Grubber8468

6 minutes ago, sandy said:

Sh*te season just gets more sh*te.

You’re right , season just goes from bad to worse , to avoid the play offs  I reckon we’ve got to win 3 out of the last 5 games . Could be a big game in Dumfries last game of the season 

what’s worrying Dundee United lose on Friday and county can win the league against us.  Even more of a down point Falkirks last 2 games are against Dundee United and Ross County- both those teams will have nothing to play for then and could play weakened teams giving Falkirk a much needed 6 points. 

Plus points were Morton still within reach and Ayr beating queen of the south. I noticed Stephen Dobbie substitute after 28 minutes- surely he is the last player you would take off unless injured. If he is out for a few games then that is an extra blow to them. I guess there is also the potential for Ayr to play a weakened team against us if they have qualified for the playoffs 

Either way we need to get at Ross County for the full game on Saturday and not just one half 

Edited by Third Lanark

Just now, jlsarmy said:

You’re right , season just goes from bad to worse , to avoid the play offs  I reckon we’ve got to win 3 out of the last 5 games . Could be a big game in Dumfries last game of the season 

Ayr are the key imo. We need 4 points from 6. Plus beating Alloa at Firhill

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

5 teams in it. We have a game in hand. But if we can't beat alloa at home we don't deserve to stay up. Time to hold our collective nerve.

All ifs and buts but if we lose at Ross County and Alloa beat QOS at home we’ll be 5 behind them before we play them .

22 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

what’s worrying Dundee United lose on Friday and county can win the league against us.  Even more of a down point Falkirks last 2 games are against Dundee United and Ross County- both those teams will have nothing to play for then and could play weakened teams giving Falkirk a much needed 6 points. 

Plus points were Morton still within reach and Ayr beating queen of the south. I noticed Stephen Dobbie substitute after 28 minutes- surely he is the last player you would take off unless injured. If he is out for a few games then that is an extra blow to them. I guess there is also the potential for Ayr to play a weakened team against us if they have qualified for the playoffs 

Either way we need to get at Ross County for the full game on Saturday and not just one half 

Dobbie went off with a hamstring pull.

Ayr haven't exactly been scoring freely lately, so maybe we can be a bit more hopeful about the upcoming fixtures against them.  Have to beat Alloa though.

• Like 1

Falkirk:

Dunfermline (a)

Morton (h)

Dundee United (a)

Ross County (h)

Difficult to call for Falkirk the derby could really go anyway with Falkirk’s poor form. Morton at home looks key for them and I think United and County will have top 2 sucured so with nothing to play I fancy them to take something 

Partick Thistle:

County (a)

Alloa (h)

Ayr (a)

Ayr (h)

QOTS (a)

7 points should see us safe, win the home games and take a point or 2 from the away games will be a good 5 games imo

Alloa:

QOTS (h)

P.T (a)

Caley (h)

Ayr (a)

Good run in for Alloa a crucial next 2 games, I fancy them to stay up and as I think they will beat Queens, draw with us and beat Caley.

Queen of the South:

Alloa (a)

Dunfermline (h)

County (a)

P.T (h)

With Doobie getting injured I really think this is the side we can catch, 1 league win in 2019 and a tough run in and I struggle to see where they will pick up points.

Morton:

Inverness (h)

Falkirk (a)

Dunfermline (a)

Dundee United (h)

I think the 3 point gap they currently have other us will keep them up but 1 win in 13 games I don’t see them picking up many points, if and it’s a big if we go on a wee good run I fancy us to finish above them as well.

Edited by That 1 jags fan

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

All ifs and buts but if we lose at Ross County and Alloa beat QOS at home we’ll be 5 behind them before we play them .

Ifs and buts indeed. If we beat Ross county and QOS beat Alloa we are 2 points ahead of them. Then if we beat them at home hey Presto we are 5 points ahead. 

Edited by dl1971
Typo

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

Could be that after Saturday our fate isn't in our own hands

Not true. 

Alloa play Queen of the South so if either side wins we'll be two points behind the other with a game in hand. If they draw, they'll be three points behind with a game in hand which, if we win it, will take us above Alloa.

8 hours ago, That 1 jags fan said:

Falkirk:

Dunfermline (a)

Morton (h)

Dundee United (a)

Ross County (h)

Difficult to call for Falkirk the derby could really go anyway with Falkirk’s poor form. Morton at home looks key for them and I think United and County will have top 2 sucured so with nothing to play I fancy them to take something 

Partick Thistle:

County (a)

Alloa (h)

Ayr (a)

Ayr (h)

QOTS (a)

7 points should see us safe, win the home games and take a point or 2 from the away games will be a good 5 games imo

Alloa:

QOTS (h)

P.T (a)

Caley (h)

Ayr (a)

Good run in for Alloa a crucial next 2 games, I fancy them to stay up and as I think they will beat Queens, draw with us and beat Caley.

Queen of the South:

Alloa (a)

Dunfermline (h)

County (a)

P.T (h)

With Doobie getting injured I really think this is the side we can catch, 1 league win in 2019 and a tough run in and I struggle to see where they will pick up points.

Morton:

Inverness (h)

Falkirk (a)

Dunfermline (a)

Dundee United (h)

I think the 3 point gap they currently have other us will keep them up but 1 win in 13 games I don’t see them picking up many points, if and it’s a big if we go on a wee good run I fancy us to finish above them as well.

I actually think we've got the worst run in of the bottom 5, the way the fixtures for each team are falling, particularly given the fact it's going to be Ross 1st, Yinited 2nd, and Ayr/Fake Thistle fighting it out for 3rd and home advantage in 2nd leg.

This means (if not after this weekend, then next), Ross will likely be foot off gas and Yinited the same, looking to avoid injuries, playing fringe players, in last few games, so points can be picked from them more easily AFTER this weekend.

Look at our competitors run ins first.

Falkirk, just behind us - two winnable games against a team who're going nowhere now who'll finish 5th, then their judas hatefest against a morten side in reverse. Then they play the top 2 in their last 2, which could conceivably see them get 6 out of 6 last 2 games if the top 2 are in beach mode.

Alloa, got a head start on us - home against a qots side likely dobbie-less, then us - if we don't beat alloa, then anything they take keeps or increases the gap, while remaining games reduced. Depending how Ayr and Fake Thistle fare in next couple of games, by time alloa play them, 3rd and 4th finishing positions may already be decided.

Queens, like alloa, got a head start on us - first they've got alloa, which can't see Queens getting any more than a point -if they get it- if they get a point, it could increase their points gap over us thisvweekend, then they've got the team stuck in 5th, before they face a on the beach Ross, then us on their not-so-fantastic plastic. A huge amount of their fortunes will depend on how long Dobbie is out for, and how they cope with it.

Morten, again ahead of us, more points in bag, but like queens they are in reverse - the games against fake thistle and grangemouth could go either way, then they face a team with no playoff hopes or relegation fears, and a Yinited on the beach last day., so again, last 2 games can see them getting points there

As for us - Ross have chance to win the league this weekend, depending on Yinited result, so we are facing them at worst time - while Falkirk and Queens will play them once they've been confirmed as league winners - so I fear we'll get nothing while the F & B's will. Our game v Alloa is pivotal as already mentioned, then the double header against Ayr may or may not be against a team already knowing whether they're guaranteed 3rd or 4th by then.  And then its Dumfries or Die.

If we win all our games, we've nothing to worry about, but I'm already resigned to virtually writing off this weekends.  So it's down to what we do v Alloa and Ayr, but can see last game in Dumfries being a "winner escapes bottom 2, loser in 9th or 10th" affair.  If Falkirk, Morten or Queens can pick up points against the on the beach Ross and Yinited, that spells bad news for us, as they'll be playing at a less competitive level likely than we'll face this weekend. 

Fact is, the board and both managers have f*cked up this season, we shouldn't be in this position, but we are and deservedly so ultimately, so now we have to find enough points in 4 games to overtake at least one of the three above us, and hope Falkirk don't get more points than us in run in, and I feel Alloa will do enough to stay above us, or at least out of the bottom 2, so that leaves 2 from 4, and as I say, I reckon games/opponents are falling kinder for Queens, Morten and Falkirk, than us in the run in. Lots of twists and turns to come, but struggling to see how we can be "safe" before last game of season.

Thanks Jacqui, Alan, Gary etc.

Edited by north stander
typo
  • Like 2

It never fails to baffle me why folk always look at the scenarios negatively from a Thistle perspective. Dundee Utd won’t have their foot off the gas as they need to keep the momentum going. Is playing at home 2nd really an advantage in the playoffs ?

Dunfermline always having something to play for vs Falkirk.

If the players and the team go into the game vs County with the attitude of some of the fans, we will certainly lose. 

County could be under some pressure on Saturday - it isn’t easy to get over the line. 

This relegation fight is going to the wire for all 5 teams, I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

It never fails to baffle me why folk always look at the scenarios negatively from a Thistle perspective. Dundee Utd won’t have their foot off the gas as they need to keep the momentum going. Is playing at home 2nd really an advantage in the playoffs ?

Dunfermline always having something to play for vs Falkirk.

If the players and the team go into the game vs County with the attitude of some of the fans, we will certainly lose. 

County could be under some pressure on Saturday - it isn’t easy to get over the line. 

This relegation fight is going to the wire for all 5 teams, I think.

Exactly

Basically impossible to predict 

I'd be more worried if I was a Falkirk or QOS fan right now