Alloa!!!!

Grubber8468

The negativity is laughable on here. 

10 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Fair play to Alloa. Showed they have the balls to be in a relegation scrap. Our run in looks horrific. Not looking for anything at County. 1 point off Ayr. 1 point off Alloa and maybe 3 off QOS. Total of 37. Play offs at best.

Queen of the South and Morton are in free fall.

Thistle will stay up. No need for play offs. 

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

When's the next cry for league reorganisation due?

Presumably the next time  Motherwell face relegation.

Back on topic, Alloa winning three league games in a row is some achievement for a part time club. Factor in two of the matches were away and the home match was against the league champions, then it's really quite amazing.

Just now, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Back on topic, Alloa winning three league games in a row is some achievement for a part time club. Factor in two of the matches were away and the home match was against the league champions, then it's really quite amazing.

Amazing yes, also very annoying.

Having seen us beat them comfortably up there even more amazing, they looked down and out at that point

4 hours ago, north stander said:

Fact is, the board and both managers have f*cked up this season, we shouldn't be in this position, but we are and deservedly so ultimately, so now we have to find enough points in 4 games to overtake at least one of the three above us, and hope Falkirk don't get more points than us in run in, and I feel Alloa will do enough to stay above us, or at least out of the bottom 2, so that leaves 2 from 4, and as I say, I reckon games/opponents are falling kinder for Queens, Morten and Falkirk, than us in the run in. Lots of twists and turns to come, but struggling to see how we can be "safe" before last game of season.

Thanks Jacqui, Alan, Gary etc.

This is a fair assessment.

The rest of it, as you said yourself is subjective. I enjoyed reading it, and share in your desperate need for any glimmer of positivity. The negativity you point out about the on the beach trams works the other way too. They can play freely without fear:frantic:

20 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Oh I don’t know perhaps if Aberdeen end up at the wrong end of the table it might also be pushed through again :D

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It isn’t the 1st time this season they’ve gone on a run like that and then followed it with a poor run. Hope that is the case again !

This is not a great league but a competitive one. Ross County are the best team in the league with Dundee Utd being the best of the rest. Any team can beat any other team in this league, the reason we are in the position we are in is because we were not competitive before January this year. We lost 13 league games before the turn of the year and Caldwell lost 7 out of his first 10 games in charge. We need to keep the form of 2019 going until the end of the season, if not we are down and if we are relegated Caldwell should be sacked as he has played a big part in our disastrous season. I do realise he has improved our form since January but if we go down the first 10 games of his tenure has played a big part in our relegation.

13 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

This is not a great league but a competitive one. Ross County are the best team in the league with Dundee Utd being the best of the rest. Any team can beat any other team in this league, the reason we are in the position we are in is because we were not competitive before January this year. We lost 13 league games before the turn of the year and Caldwell lost 7 out of his first 10 games in charge. We need to keep the form of 2019 going until the end of the season, if not we are down and if we are relegated Caldwell should be sacked as he has played a big part in our disastrous season. I do realise he has improved our form since January but if we go down the first 10 games of his tenure has played a big part in our relegation.

Agreed 

I wish I could be as optimistic as others on the forum regarding the run in. I watched us play a team that were eminently beatable, then gave them 2 goals of a start before we started to play in the manner, and with the formation required to win the game.

I think there is little between the 5 bottom teams, some have more skilful players [PTFC] some have momentum [Alloa] but to win games we need to play with urgency and with some self belief …  and with our best players on the park from the start

If we get away with not being relegated this season, the board of directors, the management team and a few of the players need to take a long hard look at their performance this year, and reassess whether their continued presence at Firhill is in the best interests of the club.

Edited by ARu-Strathbungo

9 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

It never fails to baffle me why folk always look at the scenarios negatively from a Thistle perspective. Dundee Utd won’t have their foot off the gas as they need to keep the momentum going. Is playing at home 2nd really an advantage in the playoffs ?

Dunfermline always having something to play for vs Falkirk.

If the players and the team go into the game vs County with the attitude of some of the fans, we will certainly lose. 

County could be under some pressure on Saturday - it isn’t easy to get over the line. 

This relegation fight is going to the wire for all 5 teams, I think.

Basically we need to get enough form to move up a place whilst hoping Alloa, Queens and Morton don’t match our form/results, whilst hoping Falkirk don’t better our form/results.

5 games to go and we’re 9th and 2 points adrift of safety, and 1 point of automatic relegation, that’s the only stat that matters.

50 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Basically we need to get enough form to move up a place whilst hoping Alloa, Queens and Morton don’t match our form/results, whilst hoping Falkirk don’t better our form/results.

5 games to go and we’re 9th and 2 points adrift of safety, and 1 point of automatic relegation, that’s the only stat that matters.

Norge, the only stat that matters is where we are at the end of the season. I know that points in the bag are preferable to games in hand. But if we win our game in hand, and even if the other teams do match our results, we would be 6th.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Norge, the only stat that matters is where we are at the end of the season. I know that points in the bag are preferable to games in hand. But if we win our game in hand, and even if the other teams do match our results, we would be 6th.

If...

Fair play to Alloa as a lot of people (myself included) thought they could have been the Championships Brechin this season.  Too many ifs and buts but going on the assumption we survive I would rather they did also.  I expect Goodwin will be onto pastures new at some point and if so they might find next season in Championship a struggle so lets get rid of Falkirk instead who may be a different kettle of fish next season.

Whilst on the subject of next season (again assuming we survive) lets also get rid of Ross C, Dundee Utd and Morton along with Falkirk and replace them with Dundee, Hamilton, Arbroath and Forfar.  That would be a bang average division for us to compete in.  

Thats my ifs and buts.

8 hours ago, elevenone said:

Fair play to Alloa as a lot of people (myself included) thought they could have been the Championships Brechin this season.  Too many ifs and buts but going on the assumption we survive I would rather they did also.  I expect Goodwin will be onto pastures new at some point and if so they might find next season in Championship a struggle so lets get rid of Falkirk instead who may be a different kettle of fish next season.

Whilst on the subject of next season (again assuming we survive) lets also get rid of Ross C, Dundee Utd and Morton along with Falkirk and replace them with Dundee, Hamilton, Arbroath and Forfar.  That would be a bang average division for us to compete in.  

Thats my ifs and buts.

We were discussing the same about DU last week. Part of me wants them to stay and suffer, but it's probably for the best to get rid although I'd rather St M than Dundee. Don't care who goes down as long as it's not us, but 9th placed team may be strong enough to stay up through the play offs. Although my nightmare would be facing Raith with Nisbet & Buchanan!

9 hours ago, elevenone said:

Thats my ifs and buts.

Only problem with the theory is that I'm not sure we will be in a position to compete. We would need some serious work done in the close season to do anything more than survive in this league next year.

I'm also not sure this team and manager will cope with being favourites against part-time teams. Its a really unsettling atmosphere playing at home against a part-time team that have no support. With Arbroath, Alloa and possibly Forfar in the league that would be a regular occurrence. Not sure I want to watch Dick take 3 points away from firhill next season.

So I'd prefer if St Mirren, Dundee, Raith/Falkirk were in the league next season.

21 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Yep, despite the improved form since the new year AJ, you're right, we can't keep rewarding failure. That's what got us to where we are. During last close season, AA should have left or should have been moved on. Not many managers keep their jobs if they take a team down. Yes I know most recently kettlebell or whatever his name is, was kept on at RC, but he was appointed mid season, I guess macgregor decided the relegation was down to McIntyre. That said if you or I had macgreagors money we would probably have got RC promoted!!

Caldwell was appointed to replace AA with the chair publicly stating his job was to get us up. He has failed in that, and it's just what I think, no more no less, he should be moved on, improvement or no improvement. 

GB comments at the trust meeting suggests the board are happy with caldwells performance??? WTF, so it looks like Caldwell will be staying whether we go down or not:shok: