Alloa!!!!

Grubber8468

8 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Yep, despite the improved form since the new year AJ, you're right, we can't keep rewarding failure. That's what got us to where we are. During last close season, AA should have left or should have been moved on. Not many managers keep their jobs if they take a team down. Yes I know most recently kettlebell or whatever his name is, was kept on at RC, but he was appointed mid season, I guess macgregor decided the relegation was down to McIntyre. That said if you or I had macgreagors money we would probably have got RC promoted!!

Caldwell was appointed to replace AA with the chair publicly stating his job was to get us up. He has failed in that, and it's just what I think, no more no less, he should be moved on, improvement or no improvement. 

GB comments at the trust meeting suggests the board are happy with caldwells performance??? WTF, so it looks like Caldwell will be staying whether we go down or not:shok:

Agree. I have said before,if we stay up I can see him being hailed by some as saving us from relegation. If we go down ,he no doubt has a plan about how he will get us promoted. The sobering fact is a manager who rightly was not liked at Firhill needs to get 1 point from his teams final 4 games to win promotion from the first division. We could be in a league next season where Dick Campbell has got his part time team to win.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. I have said before,if we stay up I can see him being hailed by some as saving us from relegation. If we go down ,he no doubt has a plan about how he will get us promoted. The sobering fact is a manager who rightly was not liked at Firhill needs to get 1 point from his teams final 4 games to win promotion from the first division. We could be in a league next season where Dick Campbell has got his part time team to win.

Sobering indeed. For avoidance of doubt he did a job for us and left at the right time. Wouldn't want him back. Very effective in the Angus league though.

2 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

Sobering indeed. For avoidance of doubt he did a job for us and left at the right time. Wouldn't want him back. Very effective in the Angus league though.

I thought Campbell was catastrophic for us - said he was brought in to avoid us being relegated- we were relegated. Spent so much money on absolutely dreadful signings  bar a cotof players, that the money wasted was so much that that together with the payoffs we gave him and bone led us teetering very close to the brink again. I heard he was on a very decent wage at least double what his successor McCall was on.

what Campbell is though is a first class manager for part time teams and has done incredible things with teams like Brechin, Forfar, Arbroath etc and with those teams he has been excellent.  Obviously though our main interest is how he did with Partick Thistle and in my opinion his reign at Firhill was disastrous for the club on a number of fronts particularly the amount of money that he wasted

40 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

what Campbell is though is a first class manager for part time teams and has done incredible things with teams like Brechin, Forfar, Arbroath etc and with those teams he has been excellent.  

I don't think Campbell was given enough time at Firhill.  A few more months with the Bunnet in control and we too would've become a part time club, with a first class manager.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3