County 13/04

BalornockJag

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game later as from the commentary on Jagzone it sounded as if we played well. Given we had zero points out of a possible nine against them I would have taken a point before the game. Morton have ICT midweek then play Falkirk on Saturday whilst we play Alloa and QoS struggle without Dobbie so still plenty of twists and turns to come. Lets stick together and get right behind our team on Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Two Games against Ayr Winnable ? 

Problem is - even if we beat Alloa - we wont go above them - and its looking very much like a winner takes all against QOTS end of Season 

Too lose 2 games against Ayr as we did at the beginning of the season in a row would be a sackable offence

worrying that Morton qos Falkirk all have games left against Ross County, Inverness and Dundee United who have nothing to play for 

Ouch! Typing randomly here........

Good point in my opinion 

Alloa won't win 5 in a row (law of averages) so we beat them next week

Falkirk got a season's worth of luck in 1 game and are utter shite

Morton will beat ICT on Tuesday though

QOS will be lucky to get 3 more points this season 

We will get 3 or 4 points from the 2 Ayr games

6 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It will be interesting to hear from those at the game later as from the commentary on Jagzone it sounded as if we played well. Given we had zero points out of a possible nine against them I would have taken a point before the game. Morton have ICT midweek then play Falkirk on Saturday whilst we play Alloa and QoS struggle without Dobbie so still plenty of twists and turns to come. Lets stick together and get right behind our team on Saturday.

I do agree with this, in the main. I will, like all on here, be behind the team. I can't and won't get behind the manager. His comments aside which are all an act cos he isn't daft, he knows fine well where we are and how relevant being bottom is at this stage of the season no matter how he portrays it in media comments. 

This isn't the weekend when we got stuck in the sh1te, it's been a long term investment by both Caldwell and AA along with players who far too often have been sh1te.

Players don't go onto a pitch intending to play sh1te, I know that, but we are where we are because of the reasons we have all discussed to death. In my head we are down. I've accepted it so roll on the close season:thinking:

6 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

Ouch! Typing randomly here........

Good point in my opinion 

Alloa won't win 5 in a row (law of averages) so we beat them next week

Falkirk got a season's worth of luck in 1 game and are utter shite

Morton will beat ICT on Tuesday though

QOS will be lucky to get 3 more points this season 

We will get 3 or 4 points from the 2 Ayr games

Can I have 6 random numbers before 7 PM please Ms mystic meg

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Respectfully disagree.

By not winning we’ve hit bottom spot. So it’s a bad result.

Alloa beat the same County side recently - we haven’t beaten them all season.

Aye well, it was probably a rush of blood to the thread when I saw full-time called - was fully expecting a County 94th minute winner.

Still, as yer man Caldo says, the league position is irrelevant, so what the bejaysus are we all arguing about?!

17 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Aye well, it was probably a rush of blood to the thread when I saw full-time called - was fully expecting a County 94th minute winner.

Still, as yer man Caldo says, the league position is irrelevant, so what the bejaysus are we all arguing about?!

The manager keeps making nails for us to hammer in. What a diddy thing to say. My auld dad used to say "if you've nothing to say, shut the feck up". I get he needs to "manage" the possible players disappointment having put a shift in for a very grateful point against the top team, and cos of other results we go bottom, but surely he could've been a little more creative. I'm not asking him to pander to us fans but just say nothing if that's the crap you're gonna come out with, blinking flip Caldwell.

Mon jags, three points v alloa and pressures on the ton and qos

Obviously disappointed that other results elsewhere conspired against us to put us bottom, but I'm not too despondent after what I thought was a pretty decent performance and a point gained against expectations, which strangely didn't seem to be appreciated by some sections of our support. Hope they don't go and see the Thistle on a bad day!  Thought our attitude was spot on today and on another day we could have won it. My heart still sinks a bit when Storey comes on and I would love to see Coulibaly get a game as I think he could put away some of the half chances that come our way. 

That's one point of the seven I thought this morning we would need to avoid the bottom spot but we should be aiming to get another seven minimum from the next four games.  

If we somehow contrive to lose next to Alloa then quite frankly we deserve our fate and I'll be checking out the seaside destinations for next season and hopefully GC will be checking the situations vacant column.

Lovely night here in the Highlands btw. Time for a pint or three!

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Respectfully disagree.

By not winning we’ve hit bottom spot. So it’s a bad result.

Alloa beat the same County side recently - we haven’t beaten them all season.

Respectfully disagree.

A point away in Dingwall is a decent result. The fact other results fell such that we went bottom of the league does not mean this result in isolation was a bad result.

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It’s not other results that have put us bottom - it’s our poor results.

Exactly. If we go down it wont be because the teams round about us had easier games in the run because the opposition had nothing to play for. It will be because Caldwell lost 7 out of his first 10games in charge and only got 5 points in that time. If we go down he has to go. I also could not believe he said our league position is irrelevant, he might not be worried about our league position, but as a Thistle fan I am.

• Like 3